• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so well organised!

the aluminium looks nice.
    ClubITR | Like

Comment

Whoa.... this is so epic. All that wiring looks like a massive headache.. Excited to see more of your progress.

Will you be working on the motor straight after your respray or will that be a bit further down the track?

Comment

Originally posted by kseries View Post
        Whoa.... this is so epic. All that wiring looks like a massive headache.. Excited to see more of your progress.

Will you be working on the motor straight after your respray or will that be a bit further down the track?
        Thanks man

The wiring hasn't really been touched too much yet, obviously disconnected a few things but all in all pretty simple things so far.

The engine will have to come out fairly soon after the respray for TBelt/ water pump / etc. I'll see where I'm at with funds at that point and decide how far to go with the engine refresh. Maintenance before power at this stage though, but it'll be interesting anyway!
        | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

I follow your build on jdmst. I see you've gone into a little more detail on here. I like it

Comment

Cheers! I started this thread first, then I thought that maybe some non-Honda people might be interested so I started a JDMST thread

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Not heaps has happened lately. Been busy with other things like driving around the countryside!

New (used) steering wheel arrived. Much better nick than my old one. Will change for NSXR wheel once rego is done. (No airbag)

Comment

Nice,NSXR setup ftw
                BNR34 Build [SOLD]
                APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
                Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
                NSEX

Comment

nice meeting you today cameron, I was the guy with the S2000!
                  S2000
                  WSID : TBA
                  Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
                  Smooth As Detailing
                  Incar Racing

Comment

You too mate! Love your car and the wheels

Comment

Just for fun bolted up a mates 18x10.5 +18 CE28N from his Evo X.

Too much poke! 18x9.5 +28 should work fine though.

Comment

This is amazing..

Comment

one of the best threads i've ever read! thanks and good luck can't wait to see finished

Comment

Originally posted by jong View Post
                            one of the best threads i've ever read! thanks and good luck can't wait to see finished
                            Originally posted by Nathannnnn View Post
                            This is amazing..
                            Thanks guys!

Tonight I decided to tinker with some interior upholstery, namely the leather covered inserts in the door trim.

The original gathered leather looks quite dated and my car had already been updated to the more modern looking flat leather trim.

I bought a used set of door inserts on eBay to experiment with some alcantara.

Here's how it went...

Old leather on the right, newly covered trim panel on the left...

Back side.

Panel insert behind door handle in progress...

Completed.

Hopefully have some pics of the whole door panel completed after another evening or two spent on it

Comment

Ooooh, dont like the leather anymore?
                              BNR34 Build [SOLD]
                              APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
                              Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
                              NSEX

Comment

Originally posted by wongy View Post
                                Ooooh, dont like the leather anymore?
                                I feel that the old gathered wrinkly leather is one of the few things that really date the NSX interior.

Honda changed it in later cars to smooth leather. I think Alcantara is just more to my taste.

If I don't like it, I'll change it back to leather haha

Comment

Working...
                                X