The Knobosaurus DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most impressive.
    Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Comment

Very nice mate!
      Just going for a drive ~146.4kw~

Comment

Loving the cluster mate, looks great, congrats on doing the hard yards and getting it done
        02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Originally posted by eLtrix View Post
          Most impressive.
          When are we going to see your electronic component install?
          Originally posted by Batchy View Post
          Very nice mate!
          Originally posted by gunpoons View Post
          Loving the cluster mate, looks great, congrats on doing the hard yards and getting it done
          Thanks gents. I'm glad I'm the first own an s2000 cluster in a dc5
          Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

Originally posted by knobosaurus View Post
            When are we going to see your electronic component install?

Hahaha, It's already installed. No where to show :P If only you came to melb :P
            Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Comment

Update 22/09/13:

Long time no update. In the aftermath of my cluster conversion, I started to move away from DIY mods since I couldn't let my car stay off the road for extended periods since it's my daily.

A lovely box arrived directly from Fujitsubo Japan:

PowerGetter

I'd like to say it was overnighted from Japan. It was more like 2 days from Japanese soil to my door. Tips to Jesse Streeter.

So shiny.

As some of you may know, I was trying to offload some mugen headers earlier in the year. Instead, I got the powergetter so I could use them and replace my cut and welded exhaust

The exhaust work was done at HondaDynamiks who are a reputable up-and-coming workshop in Adelaide. I highly recommend them to anyone who needs honda work done in Adelaide. Also got myself an EP3 front sway bar. Long story short, the whitelines stephen sent didn't arrive in time for my exhaust work so I ended up using the EP3 bar and selling the whiteline front.

MUGEN POWERRRR (Thanks to Justin)

My old exhaust:

The plan was to use the OEM muffler to maintain the stock profile of my build. Sadly, it didn't line up i.e. the b pipe stuck out too much. So I actually used the full system until I was able to bring my car in to Exhaust Plus to cut my muffler pipe.

Recently smashed out a go karting session with my mates. I find karting is a really good way to practice some of the most basic racing techniques. Turns out, I won :P

Me ahead of the group.

Back onto the R and DIY mods, I was inspired by MCM to do the airplay mod since I'm still waiting for compatibility of the AppRadio2 with android devices. With a spare Iphone 4, i was able to get the my airport express (affectionately named thevinhtegra) working with a voltage regulator to do: 12V -> 5V -> 3V and a filter over the supply to prevent noise. A home-made heatsink was fabbed to fit the space too.

After being bitten by the DIY bug again, I was back into my home workshopping in no time. Got my adjustable whiteline rear sway bar in. Such a big difference in size:

And while I was there, I also changed front and rear sway bar endlinks with reinforced hardrace ones:

Rear:

so stiff la.

Front:

When I reversed out to do my test drive, about 20 metres down the street, I realised I forgot to torque my wheels. 3 point turned and nursed it home. 80 ft-lbs never seemed so important until today. Lucky.

Anyway, bigger mods coming soon guys. Stay subscribed
              Last edited by knobosaurus; 22-09-13, 08:15 PM.
              Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

Sahhhhhhh shiny, I sometimes miss my old powergetter, nice one knobby!
                Have a read of my build thread

Comment

Working...
                X