No announcement yet.

"cokke" ep3r [melb]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just dropping by to update you all on my progress. Been doing small things here and there finally got my coilovers got BC BR Coilovers purchased from eskimo_fighter also joined the plastidip bandwagon some may like how it turned out all to their own opinions i guess

oh and also i signed up for Honda Nationals 2013!
    Really looking forward to learning the limits of me and my car, hoping that i take in alot on the day and make the most of it as i would like to go on track on a regular basis.

Plastidiped my TE37's and the centre section of my rear lip

the images above are still with the Mugen Suspension still on sits a teeny bit lower now on BC BR Coilovers
    Last edited by RPH; 19-06-13, 10:29 PM.

Comment

The rear bumper looks amazing bro. Looks damn clean
      sigpic

Comment

Re: "cokke" ep3r [melb]

Yeah man, that plastidipped bottom sets it off

Comment

Looks nice and aggressive. Great car.

Comment

Love the plasti dip rear lip! I'm looking to do the same

Can't wait to be out at Winton at H Nats with my twin!!

Great updates! How did you paint the red "type r" so well on the caliper?
            1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
            1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
            2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
            F1 Nut

Comment

Re: "cokke" ep3r [melb]

Looks amazing
              i-Vtec!!

Comment

Hi All,

its been awhile...

Comment

Hardrace rear camber kit attained installation was quite easy to install although i did have a hick up undoing one bolt the head of the bolt snapped off
                  but luckily the bolt was loose and was easily taken out with long noise pliers and abit of patience...

Comment

Honda Nationals 2013

Well overdue i know but i'm bored... hehe well anyway here is my small summary of my experience at H Nationals 2013, if you took part in the day
                    or was competing i was the kid in the EP3R with yellow lettering on my tires :P im starting to wish i went around and introduced myself to some of you guys!
                    well none the less lets get started...

I've never been on track prior to H Nationals 2013 and i thought it was suicidal taking part in such an event where i thought
                    people with far more track experience would look down on people like me but to my surprise the day had such a good vibe and great atmosphere.
                    My Journey actually started the day before at about roughly 8PM just before departing Melbourne my car was having it final road tune after that i
                    had a small bite and was Winton bound! I arrived at Benalla at approximately 11:00PM and stayed at the Executive Hideaway from there i already
                    saw that people we're already in town ready to put a show on tomorrow the JDM YARD DC5 and guys from Nakama stayed at the same place as i did.

The day of H Nationals 2013 i really didn't know what to expect my nerves started to overpower me i actually couldn't believe i was taking part in this event.
                    My first couple sessions i took easy as it was my first time out on track and i didn't know how my car would react. As my confidence went up i felt more inclined
                    to try harder the next session, but to my disappointment i saw that my lap times we're still around the 1:55's and so on even though it felt like i was getting
                    better each time i went on for a session my times would still be relatively the same. Disheartened and almost wanting to call it a day my friends never gave up
                    on me and with their never ending support i continued about my day.

Things like tire pressure and damper settings became subject to tweaking in my later sessions(doh!) of the day and i began to see a drop in my lap times at that
                    point i became more motivated to keep on going my day ended with my best lap time being 1:52
                    The experience was certainly different from what i was expecting and definitely not as easy as i thought, and i will definitely be coming back for you Winton!
                    Last edited by RPH; 19-06-13, 11:37 PM.

Comment

its been awhile since i've actually posted some updates so here's a small update on whats been happening....

New toys acquired
                      - OEM Facelift Projector Headlights
                      - Gruppe M Intake System
                      - K24
                      - Shift-I
                      - Defi Gauges & Defi Control Link 2

cannot spill the rest of my beans at the moment!
                      Last edited by RPH; 19-06-13, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Crazy progress. By the way 1:52 is a good time for a first timer. Don't get caught up on the lap times you get just get out there and have fun.
                        1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Originally posted by RPH View Post
                          Function7 LCA + Subframe
                          just adding some bling to my car, installation was very easy i've never done any suspension work to a car on my own so it was a great learning experience took less then two hours to install.
                          Had to do abit of research on getting all the correct Torque spes which were required as i had to put the whole assembly back together.

If your intending to do any LCA work on a EP3/DC5 your going to need one of these sockets, its a 10 sided socket which is required for the 3 outer bolts on the LCA's. The friend who sold me the Function 7's was kind enough to tell me about it although i felt confident that i had all the right tools, clearly not

Enjoy ~~
                          What size is the 10 point socket?? Will have to order 1 from snap-on..
                          sigpic MRDC5S

Comment

Originally posted by ZIPPIE Type-S View Post
                            What size is the 10 point socket?? Will have to order 1 from snap-on..

hey bud not really sure what it was but http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3506504671...84.m1423.l2648 this is the one

Comment

hey bud not really sure what it was but http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3506504671...84.m1423.l2648 this is the one
                              yea might have to order off ebay, snap-on dont have any listing on 10 point sockets at all.. thanks..
                              sigpic MRDC5S

Comment

its been awhile since i've actually posted some updates so here's a small update on whats been happening....

New toys acquired
                                - OEM Facelift Projector Headlights
                                - Gruppe M Intake System
                                - K24
                                - Shift-I
                                - Defi Gauges & Defi Control Link 2

cannot spill the rest of my beans at the moment!
                                Awesome....kswap, who are you getting to build it?

Comment

Working...
                                X