Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Grigio Telesto Mugen DC5R (Made in Malaysia)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello guys! I am Meor from Malaysia. I thought it would be nice to share the journey of my 2005 DC5R with all of you. Some of you might have seen my car on my blog and ITR-dc5.com but I'll try to post up more pics here.

I have been owning Honda since 2003 and my first car was this EF2 with B16A. The car was pretty much stock as it is a daily driven car but I have strengthen the chassis and uprated the shocks for occasional autocross racing and track days. Though it was just a 1.6, gotta love the EF nippiness on the road!

This car has been one of my best possessions in life, until the DC5R comes 5 years later..

The DC5 was purchased late 2008. I've decided to go with the facelift model as it looks 'newer' and the price difference is not too much with the pre-facelift. The car was privately imported from Japan and the previous owner have installed some stuffs like TEIN Type Flex shocks, Cusco 25mm ARB, APEXi N1 exhaust system and Bride Zeta II bucket seat.

This is how the car looks in 2009. I have just installed the Modulo front lip and put on the 17 x 7.5" +45 RPF1 with 225/45/17 rubbers. The Bride Zeta II was also replaced with an Exas III.

Comment

Keep it coming...

CITR doesn't like to be kept hanging

Comment

More updates please Meor!

That front lip looks good.
        ClubITR | Like

Comment

At first I thought of not doing anything to the DC5 as I plan to spend my money on the EF as a full weekend track car. But after driving the DC5 for few weeks, I have totally forgotten about the EF. LOL. It was being put on 'temporary rest' while I'm enjoying the rigidity of a Type-R. And so in 2009, the parts hunting for the DC5 begins...

the first stuff I bought was the J's racing C-pillar bar

And then I got the S2 rear tie bar (which serves no enhancement for the Type-R chassis if you ask me)

Then I bought the Pivot racing monitor for the additional driving info

And finally the Spoon aeromirrors which has been on the list even before I buy the car haha..

How the car looked with the mirrors..

Comment

This thread makes me want to go to Malaysia for a holiday!!! Loving it soo far mate
            Have a read of my build thread

Comment

Originally posted by itr5093 View Post
              This thread makes me want to go to Malaysia for a holiday!!! Loving it soo far mate
              If Meor starts posting food photos, you'll want to go even more!
              ClubITR | Like

Comment

loving this car so far although imo the spoon mirrors kinda look funny on the dc5 cuz its so small compared to the car and the stock mirrors xD but thats just me, still looks good
                BNR34 Build [SOLD]
                APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
                Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
                NSEX

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                  If Meor starts posting food photos, you'll want to go even more!

I've been once Felix when i was like 12? Still I loved it but wasn't aware of much back then. Might go mid next year during uni holidays
                  Have a read of my build thread

Comment

Come guys. Make a CITR trip up to Malaysia. Those who have come here must surely remember how heavenly Malaysian food are. You can get almost everything 24-7 here

Comment

So the progress continues in 2010...

Replaced the OEM lower arm with S2 unit.

I have also replaced the OEM clutch brake hoses a with Goodridge. Brake pads were changed with Endless SSS.

OEM hoses

Fixed!

Due to the fact that the OEM P/S side mounting is weak and I've broke 2 pieces in 2 years, I've purchased the Energy Suspension mount insert to reduce the engine movement that can cause the hydraulic mount to fail. This is the best and cheapest solution as I had insufficient fund to purchase Hasport billet mounts at that time haha..

4 pieces that are attached to OEM front and rear mounts.

Last edited by lightningfield; 17-12-12, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Last but not least, the 7.5 inch RPF1 were sold to make way for a set of 17 x 8 inch gunmetal Advan RZ.

Fresh Kumho KU36 tires.

This is the third wheel set I've put after the RPF1. The wheels that came with the car was 5 spoke Axiar (Japan) but it wasn't too nice to be posted here lol. Unfortunately this RZ were sold before end of 2010 as I need some cash for my wedding haha..

Comment

Here are some decent shots of the car with the RZs

Interior shots..

That's all for tonight. I'll continue tomorrow. Enjoy!
                          Last edited by lightningfield; 17-12-12, 01:19 AM.

Comment

No start button? D:
                            BNR34 Build [SOLD]
                            APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
                            Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
                            NSEX

Comment

That cluster looks so good! I want one like that
                              Shak's S2000

Comment

Working...
                              X