Finished Product

Comment

Looking good keep dem mods coming
          BNR34 Build [SOLD]
          APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
          Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
          NSEX

Comment

The other goal for the weekend was to install some skunk 2 and Injen intake gear.
            The parts I had picked up were:

• S2 Intake manifold
            • S2 Throttle body
            • S2 Composite fuel rail
            • Injen CAI
            • Blox aftermarket throttle position sensor

After all the intake gear was installed; we attempted to start the car for the first time, and some fuel started to spill out of the fuel rail. It required some slight modification, there were some raised parts on the fuel rail itself, and these required some filing to make the connection more solid and tight.
            Once the initial issue was fixed, we moved onto issue number two. The car had a high idle and was the hunting, unfortunately we had gotten into this stage at 12am and it was too late to diagnose the issue. Fortunately we were able to fix this issue in the morning after an hour or two and my car was driveable.

While I had the car in this position, I also gave the injectors a wipe-down and replaced the filters and o-rings

Comment

Starting to remove stock intake gear

Skunk 2 Intake Manifold

Intake Manifold + Throttle body in!

Injen CAI installed – Initially forgot to put the strut brace back on :P

Comment

Tune

As some may be aware, I purchased an Apexi Power FC with hand controller to replace my stock ECU. This was an obvious choice as the upgrade in computer helps maximise the other modifications I have made to my DC2.

The next step was to tune the car, and I have to thank Alvin from A.R.T for the tune!
                I was recommended to purchase an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and was fortunate to have that supplied and fitted at A.R.T. This regulator helped maximise the potential in regards to the tune.

The only other issue I had was in regards to the skunk2 throttle-body, there was an issue with the gasket which unfortunately needed to be modified to stop a vacuum leak, rendering it unable to fully close.

I am pretty impressed with the car post tune; 111.2 Kw is a great reading. I had also been advised that due to the hub swap, my rolling diameter is larger than stock. This has affected my power, and I can expect approximately 115 Kw with lower profile tires.

The car itself is more responsive, sounds more aggressive and loads more fun to drive, not to mention the VTEC cross-over noise is unreal.
                My First Dyno Sheet!

Comment

Impressive gains in the top end!

Comment

Managed to pick up a dc2r strut brace from Hong Kong... Arrived very quickly!

Comment

Hello!

I was given a Skunk2 Low Profile Valve Cover Hardware Kit & Spark Plug Cover for Christmas, so I decided to paint my rocker cover and install the kit over the last couple of days.

I chose to be a little bit different, and avoided the stereotypical choice of red :P
                      I continued the silver/chrome and black theme... and chose a matte silver!

Final Product!! Absolutely wrapped with how it's turned out!!

Comment

That's a really clean look to be going with mate. Keep the mods coming.
                        Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

Originally posted by knobosaurus View Post
                          That's a really clean look to be going with mate. Keep the mods coming.
                          Cheers mate! Appreciate the kind words.

Comment

Updates - Turns out I haven't done any of these in ages ><

Tinted my car a few months back - I went with Tint Professor as they offered to pick up/drop off the car for free - With my work schedule as it is, that is invaluable to me haha; 35% Premium Elite, and couldn't be happier.

Comment

Another Update - I still have the issues from my last tune, how ever I have spoken with Revzone and had taken it to them for a second opinion! (all updates are from a while back, been super lazy)

I was given some figures by RevZone - 96 base run (Somehow lost ~20kw since the previous tune which is weird) and is now 117kw.
                              I think that's a pretty substantial increase purely based on the tune!!

In terms of actual reaction driving the car after I picked it up - It has noticeably more pull in the low to medium gear range, overall feels significantly more powerful.
                              VTEC kicks in earlier and isn't as loud - But the power increase is absolutely worth it

Hoping to take some video soon which I'd love to share!

Comment

One more Update - Problems had returned a few weeks post tune - Had to wait a few weeks since it was Christmas... After a few days at RevZone and some analysis by the team it was identified that my dizzy was f*@^ed... This problem was promptly fixed.

The underlying issue I have had with my DC2 had resurfaced after a few weeks after the fix, and due to work commitments, only driving minimally and the same issue for more than 12 months; it's taken a lot longer to get the motivation to take a day off and take my car back to my tuner....

Finally last night I decided to go for a drive with a knowledgeable mate and use the Apexi hand controller to see if we could troubleshoot and analyze any of the issues. We managed to start logging the injectors on screen, and found that when the jerking/loss of power issue occurred the injectors would stop being active for half a second, then re-commence back to their original position... (handcontroller showed a % based value - this would drop from X% to 0% when the issue occured, then jump back upto X%)

I think this information really helps understand whats going on under the hood, and should be a vital piece of information for my tuner to help me iron out the problem once and for all... *Here's hoping* - If anyone has any suggestions i'd gladly hear them

Comment

Working...
                                X