John Lor DC2R Special.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Lor DC2R Special.

Unlike the AW11 Track Hack, I’ll be doing my best to keep this one straight and tidy. But much like the track hack any mods done to it will enhance it for maximum fun, instead of out right power or to beat the next guy.

As of now I’m looking forward to finding out why the DC2R is one of the world best FWD cars ever made.

Stay tuned.

Subscribed!

Kseries Addict All work performed by dRHonda @ HondAYard

Comment

Welcome buddy Glad to see a familiar face around.
      Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Love it John. So clean.
        ClubITR | Like

Comment

Any pics of the AW11? I love those old things, must be a bit of a change going from a midship to ITR.

Comment

yeah for sure hey .. i've always had rwd cars so learning to drive a fwd fast is all new to me ...it's such a odd feeling waiting until the front wheels are straight before stepping on the gas ...

ps. i do love the urgency of the B18C.. just loves to revs ..
            Last edited by johnlorspecial; 15-11-12, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Comment

So you coming to the annual BBQ?
                Like Cars For Hope | www.carsforhope.com.au | www.berty.com.au

Comment

Welcome! DC2R still the best FWD car
                  BYP Racing & Developments
                  Built. Tuned. Driven
                  Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Very nice car mate, it'll grow on you pretty quick

Comment

Oh JF olds car?
                      Instagram: @ictorv2 & @00zaku

Comment

Originally posted by Berty View Post
                        So you coming to the annual BBQ?
                        hell yeah !!! cant wait man !

Comment

Originally posted by stienerv2 View Post
                          oh jf olds car?
                          =p

Comment

my my what a car!

For as long as I can remember every car that I’ve ever owned, I’ve taken it through natio at least once, so with the DC2R it was no different and so this morning I woke up with the urge to go for a drive.

So I did.

Roads were wet, and through the first couple of corners it was a little sketchy. Undeersteer, pushing at the front, coupled with mountains of revs and V-tec being so high…. My first impressions were, “how could this be any fun through the twisties”.

I just didn’t like the feeling at all! Front heavy ( compared to the AW11) and all the work being done by the two front wheels, just didn’t sit well with me and so to help,I just kept saying to myself “this was once upon a time one of the worlds greatest FWD car, who am I to think I know better than Honda themselves”.

10mins passed, and several corners later. The tyres ( ahhh yes, the tyres, such an important thing which I totally forgot about ) got up to temp and the DC2R instantly changed … turn-in became silkly smooth, predictable, progressive

Once I found the DC2R’s rhythm, it was really rewarding and encouraged clean driving lines, precise steering work , commitment and smoothness. Any quick jolts to the steering wheel or foot pedals results in a slight feeling of bump steer/ understeer and possibly facing off with a tree. The odd thing about the car is instead of using boring monster torque to pull you through the corners, speed, revs and momentum are emphasised and make for a more exciting drive.

If I was the karate kid, the DC2R would have to definitely be Mr Miyagi.
                            Last edited by johnlorspecial; 19-11-12, 10:50 AM.

Comment

you have only just begun to understand, young grasshopper...
                              ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                              X