• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
    Great work on the D.I.Y!
    Originally posted by Oz Striker View Post
    Nice simple DIY mate!
    Thanks guys yeah it wasn't really that hard. Left my car overnight and checked it this morning and it took a little more radiator fluid (approx 1 litre or so).

When I took it for a drive the fans and thermostats must have engaged some more and filled up more of the system. It's a good idea to monitor the levels for a few days I think but so far no leaks!

Also these Hardrace mounts are awesome. Very minimal vibration really, and the gearbox is smooth as silk. Even 1st - 2nd is much improved
    My Dc5s thread

Comment

Re: DanR's DC5S

Hey how have u noticed ur lower termostat and fan switch ,car still gets more

Comment

Originally posted by JUST VTEC View Post
        Hey how have u noticed ur lower termostat and fan switch ,car still gets more
        It takes a lot longer for the water to warm up now but that is probably also because the radiator is more efficient at cooling being a 2 row design compared to the single row OEM. The fan switch and thermostat means that the fan seem to come on fairly often for 10-15 seconds or so bursts with maybe 30 second gaps in between when sitting at traffic lights as a rough estimate. The water temperature sits at a lower level now than before. The real test will be to see how it holds up at a track day.

For your info J's Thermostat kicks in at 65C (OEM 78C) and the thermfan switch is around 78-80C (OEM 93C).
        My Dc5s thread

Comment

Reason y i ask .Any real performance upgrade feel ? Coz iv always noticed type s loves to be hot most of the time siting above half on my guage i sometimes half to put the ac on to activate the fan to cool it down nd iv just purchased the spoon thermo n fan switch , so yer wat did u notice once u installed yours

Comment

Very nice keep it up
            My First Daily DC5 Build - http://forum.jdmstyletuning.com/show...da-Integra-Dc5

Comment

Reason y i ask .Any real performance upgrade feel ? Coz iv always noticed type s loves to be hot most of the time siting above half on my guage i sometimes half to put the ac on to activate the fan to cool it down nd iv just purchased the spoon thermo n fan switch , so yer wat did u notice once u installed yours
              If your talking seat in the pants performance feel then I can't tell any difference to be honest. My temps with daily driving are not even getting to half way now... Closer to 1/3 - 2/5. I am pretty cautious to let it warm up more now and just babying it until it has done so.

It is effective for sure, and really I only changed them because my radiator support needed to be bent back down so this was an upgrade with future track related mods in mind. To be honest I feel its so effective at cooling the car that I'm still debating in my head if this mod was even wise to do on a daily car. Unless you plan to track the car then there is no reason to be changing these things IMO.
              My Dc5s thread

Comment

Yes i heard of this, my dc5 is my weekend beast wid a few teavk days under her belt and obiously i like my higher rpm and also always seems to be 1 line above half on stock temp guage and as qld ia a pretty hot place atm ill see if it helps or not thanx man u helped heaps

Comment

Yes i heard of this, my dc5 is my weekend beast wid a few teavk days under her belt and obiously i like my higher rpm and also always seems to be 1 line above half on stock temp guage and as qld ia a pretty hot place atm ill see if it helps or not thanx man u helped heaps
                  No worries man happy to help
                  My Dc5s thread

Comment

i kinda understand why a thermo stat is needed to be installed.. :/

Comment

Working...
                    X