Jboi's DC5S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jboi's DC5S

Hi guys, been lurking around the forum for quite some time, looking for parts. Finally decided to make a thread of my DC5-S and a quick intro. My name is Jackson and have brought the type S from a Honda Dealership @ Homebush after destroying my unmodded S2000.

The DC5-S was completely stock and had just under 90,000kms when i brought her, really wanted to mod this car so bad since I missed out the chance in modding my previous car. I have owned the car for a little over a year and this forum has been a major help in some of the mods that i have put into her. All mods were installed by the boys at Top One and Dedy (big thanks to advices given)

This is how she was straight from dealer.

The car was really fun stock but was missing some grunt,so after months of saving and researching I decided to get the J's Racing 60rs catback (big mistake - explain later) from JDM Concept. Initially there was some fitment issues as the midpipe was designed for the type R which caused vibration against the chassis so I emailed Leo (many THANKS) and he helped organise a custom midpipe from Js Racing just for the Type S. The midpipe sat a lot lower so there was plenty of clearance.

Next was some new rotors so decided to get DBA 4000s and DBA slotted for the look and minor increase in braking performance.

next mod some jdm foggies

After driving for a while realised there was too much body roll, looked everywhere and one day a set of SuperStreets came up on eBay. Whilst getting them done was offered to buy a set of J's Racing camber kit (why not makes installation cheaper) so emptied out my pockets.

Didn't end up having them for long as the midpipe was causing clearance issues when going up my driveway. So back to stock springs and sold them to obed.

So i had the car and not bought anything new for a good few months. Looked around in the forum and decided to get an intake (really wanted to hear the intake noise). Since a lot of people had either the Injen or the GruppeM I decided to go for something different so off to JDM Concept where i ordered the J's Racing Tsuchinoko Intake. Big mistake as stated from before was the exhaust was too loud for me to hear my new intake.

Another thing that was also a let down, I was expecting the J's Racing metal plate on the intake but did not realise they had changed it to a sticker. Makes it look less baller i suppose. Really wanted it to look baller like the GruppeM.

How the engine bay looks

4 months down, couldn't decide on what rims to get, spent many nights browsing on clubrsx and finally decided to go for the RPF1s in SBC

how it looked on the car

how much the wheel stuck out

as you can see the car definitely needed to be lowered so opt for some Eibach pro kit. The springs were good, a bit stiffer than stock but made the car look a lot nicer.

How the car currently sits

As most of my friends were getting new turbo cars I realised that my car just didn't have enough power. I couldn't decide whether to sell or keep the car, but then i thought to myself, i never finished with basic bolt ons on any car so off i went to look for headers. Toda was first on my mind but no second hand ones popped up. Looked around for different brands but couldn't come to spend big money on a car that i might sell, so i went to get Xforce 4-2-1 header with high flow cat. Surprisingly the headers were well made (compared to JDM headers) and didn't require the ep3 sway (a big plus considering i was going to sell the car) just needed a front insert on the engine mount so the engine wouldn't move so much.

Xforce Headers nicely burnt

O yea forgot somewhere along the lime i brought a kpro (no biggie lol) because not many people were inquiring about the car i decided to spend more money and get a tune with the boys at BYP. Was expecting a bit under 140kW as seen on some dyno runs by other members with similar bolt ons, but then bam 145.5kW atw really happy. Shows that with constantly servicing your car doesn't matter how many km's are on it (i'm really saying this cause my car is currently sitting on 136,000kms due to bloody work)

That's about it for my DC5-S, at this point in time the car is for sale. Still don't know whether to keep it or sell as many of my friends are driving cars that i can't keep up with. I really do like the car but at the same time im not sure.....

Thanks for reading my long ass essay

Hi Jackson! That's a nice DC5S you have there! A good bit of power as well.

Pity to hear that you're thinking of selling, especially after you've done all those mods already! I've been in your position too. I was thinking of selling in exchange for a turbo-charged car, but in the end I enjoy the feel and drive of the DC5 way too much to give it up for power

Comment

Tell us the story of how u chose ur number plate
      Integra Type R
      Integra Type S
      S2000

Comment

Nice build mate. I like it, don't sell. Too many people selling their TypeS's lately!

Comment

wasn't this for sale? not selling it anymore? more mods?
          BNR34 Build [SOLD]
          APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
          Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
          NSEX

Comment

Yeah, you have a nice car mate! Don't sell just because of the power bug, the power in your skyline is no good when you've blown a head lol meanwhile your reliable K series will be purring along with no issues if your stuck on power, save for a K24+supercharger and smile all the way to the redline

Comment

Originally posted by ggwpty View Post
              Hi Jackson! That's a nice DC5S you have there! A good bit of power as well.

Pity to hear that you're thinking of selling, especially after you've done all those mods already! I've been in your position too. I was thinking of selling in exchange for a turbo-charged car, but in the end I enjoy the feel and drive of the DC5 way too much to give it up for power
              Yeh the car feels really good, which is why the indecisiveness, I think I should at least track it once before deciding lol

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
              Tell us the story of how u chose ur number plate
              Haha yeh the plate looks exactly like urs, funny enough, I didn't see your plate until later when my mate spotted your plates and go "hey dey look like yours" then I realised you took the "S" after 88, when I was trying all these combinations on myplates. I was thinking damn someone took the plates I wanted so I just opt for L which is my name N 88 is date lol

Originally posted by DaRKNT View Post
              Nice build mate. I like it, don't sell. Too many people selling their TypeS's lately!
              Thanks yeh true which makes it more impossible to sell at this time.

Originally posted by wongy View Post
              wasn't this for sale? not selling it anymore? more mods?
              No more mods, not at least till next year, unless someone takes the car for the price I'm after

Originally posted by Oz Striker View Post
              Yeah, you have a nice car mate! Don't sell just because of the power bug, the power in your skyline is no good when you've blown a head lol meanwhile your reliable K series will be purring along with no issues if your stuck on power, save for a K24+supercharger and smile all the way to the redline
              Lol yeh maybe, thanks for all the comments, at the end of the day I guess if no one buys I'll just have to keep the car

Comment

Soooooo, haven't posted for over a year...finally on uni break its time to post again.......due to lack of funds, been itching like crazy to mod so i went and bought some leds (eBay from china $20). I really wanted to make the car look modern hence the decision to remove the foggies and this is how it turned out....

Not long after install (a few days ) the leds started going out one by one (should've expected this)......

Then decided to pay the money for a good set of leds and went for the Philips LED Daylight 8, boy are these bright, standing right in front literally blinds you...but it has held up, now been on the car for months and going strong.

And just today thx to nikolaz01 im gona be flying here's a shot of a piece

Here are some extra shots i took after a wash

Comment

Nice jackson.

Not selling your car? Whats going on
                  Integra Type R
                  Integra Type S
                  S2000

Comment

Looking good. SBC looks great on blue.

Comment

thx guys

@Alex: haha nah the car is still for sale, but due to the low market price i'm prob not gonna get the price i'm after, so in the mean time more modding. That being said i'm most likely gonna keep the car since i won't budge on price. Have a front lip coming (dw not mugen) only mugen part is the wing. Maybe I should get some mirrors too (like yours :P) buuuttttt wouldn't want you to be wasting money on a baseball bat haha.

Comment

Nice stuff! Those DRLs look nice! I honestly prefer them over foggies! How much did it end up costing you to get? The proper set that is!
                        Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by jboi View Post
                          thx guys

@Alex: haha nah the car is still for sale, but due to the low market price i'm prob not gonna get the price i'm after, so in the mean time more modding. That being said i'm most likely gonna keep the car since i won't budge on price. Have a front lip coming (dw not mugen) only mugen part is the wing. Maybe I should get some mirrors too (like yours :P) buuuttttt wouldn't want you to be wasting money on a baseball bat haha.
                          ahhahahaaha, i actuallyed LOL'd!

Nah get the ganadors LOL!
                          Integra Type R
                          Integra Type S
                          S2000

Comment

Originally posted by eLtrix View Post
                            Nice stuff! Those DRLs look nice! I honestly prefer them over foggies! How much did it end up costing you to get? The proper set that is!
                            its around $180 including shipping, there's heaps on eBay but the Philips DRL are really good quality.

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                            ahhahahaaha, i actuallyed LOL'd!

Nah get the ganadors LOL!
                            nah the ganadors suit your car more, mite jus go for power folding oems instead.

Comment

Ganadaors fit even better with big wings!
                              Integra Type R
                              Integra Type S
                              S2000

Comment

Working...
                              X