No announcement yet.

Nathan's abp DC5-R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice car and mod list, i too want to purchase an s2000 to add to my garage previously owned one and i loved it!
    but yeah i agree to focus on one car makes the project finish faster
    DC5R

Comment

Yeah, so sick of having to jack and tighten the sussy all the time, and since my shed resembles a shoe box it's a massive pain in the ass, thinking of just chucking some eibach springs on the stock shocks for a while, until I decide what I want to upgrade to, I do fck all kms so not that concerned about blowing out my stockies
      As far as the parts go Hau, I'm not the secretive type, it's an overpriced clutch/flywheel kit(actually picked it up at a great price) and a new header, will post up when the header lands
      02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Originally posted by jdmcreature View Post
        Nice car and mod list, i too want to purchase an s2000 to add to my garage previously owned one and i loved it!
        but yeah i agree to focus on one car makes the project finish faster
        Cheers mate, yeah always wanted an s2000, only reason I didn't get one back in 06 when I bought the dc5 was the much high cost of insurance at the time. Nearly bought one 2 months back, but common sense prevailed, 4 cars into 2 garages didn't really go, just couldn't handle leaving one of my good cars outside over winters frosts or summers storms
        02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

have you tried using a drop of loctite on the coilovers to stop them coming loose????
          sigpic MRDC5S

Comment

Nice looking car matey!

Comment

Hit the big 75k mark in the dc5 today,
              Shouted it a round of Amsoil for the big occasion

Comment

Nathan, when are we putting some of those items in your shed on your car?

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
                  Nathan, when are we putting some of those items in your shed on your car?
                  That all depends on a few factors mate, the main one being my current pursuit of an s2000,
                  If one pops up I'm happy with, the dc5 will have take a back seat for a while, mainly due to funds.
                  And to be honest I've lost a bit of passion/interest for the dc5 at the moment, I know it'll come back and I'll get stuck into it again soon though.
                  If I can't find an s2000 I'm happy with, I'm going to try and target getting all the driveline work done next year, well just have to wait and see what the new year brings😉

Comment

Just placed an order for an overpriced jdm part which may or may not be discontinued
                    Fingers crossed

Comment

For anyone interested, the Assist meters/gauge housings by Mugen have been discontinued

I'm devo, been wanting a set for years and with Rhd Japan having a sale I thought I'd shout myself, unfortunately i left my run to late,
                      Does however free up some money for other parts is don't need😉

Comment

Unlucky Nathan!
                        Shak's S2000

Comment

Nathan's abp DC5-R

Ok guys, this isn't so much an update, but I just wanted to take the time to wish my dc5 a happy 10th birthday, sitting on 75,282kms I love it as much now as the day I bought it back in 2006.
                          I took her for a bit of a run last weekend and then gave it a wash and wax, and am feeling the passion for this great car once again, and I'm really happy I've made some sacrifices to hold onto and not sell it.

As some of you would know already, i've scratched a long term itch and added an s2000 to my garage(backyard at the moment)
                          This has meant a hold on the build of the dc5 for a while, my wife and I are expecting our second child in the coming weeks and spring time will see some major renovations happening on our house, so until I get back on top of my bank accounts, my favourite pastime of parts shopping is no longer happening, and trust me its sorely missed.

That said since my last update and before I bought the s2000, I had managed to acquire some other nice bits and bobs,
                          off the top of my head, now in the shed with my other parts are,
                          Todds tie rods
                          PCI front spherical bushing kit
                          ASP small tube header with high flow cat(fitted and awesomely rude)
                          Toda clutch/lightweight flywheel kit(full faced)
                          genuine Mugen rear lip
                          genuine Mugen side skirts

So that's it for now lads, I hate typing and shit so that's why this thread is so lame and behind the times,
                          but keep an eye out soon(next 12 months sometime maybe) for an indy yellow build thread, and ill outline my plans for it and why I have 2 more cars than I have garage space.
                          Last edited by gunpoons; 24-05-14, 08:18 PM.

Comment

First page parts list updated

Comment

Originally posted by gunpoons View Post
                              I have however decided against purchasing an s2000 anytime soon, and instead i'm going to concentrate on the dc5, plus build myself a sick little man-shed to house it in.
                              Just spotted this post from July last year, how things change, ^ this is the complete opposite to what actually has happened

Comment

hehe, wish i still had my DC5 as a daily =[
                                BNR34 Build [SOLD]
                                APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
                                Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
                                NSEX

Comment

Working...
                                X