Give art a call about tuning!!
    Ok will do, it'll be a good starting point =]

Originally posted by M@lew View Post
    Good stuff, you'll enjoy all those upgrades. Very functional
    Originally posted by felixR View Post
    Nice parts & update!
    Thanks guys, the car should be quite fun afterwards hehe

Originally posted by Oz Striker View Post
    Nice update mate! You might want to consider putting in an LSD when you get the clutch and fly done. I put a Wavetrac in mine, it's a friction/gear type LSD, it uses OEM gear oil, and isn't overly aggressive so great for street use etc will make a huge difference to the way the car drives/handles
    Never looked into upgrading LSD because I don't drive hard enough to appreciate it lol. I don't track either. Thanks for suggestion though =]

Originally posted by mugsee View Post
    Nice updates! Have you considered tuning the Kpro yourself?
    Oh noooo not at all, I wouldn't have a clue lol. Would be 1000% safer in the hands of someone a lot more capable lol.

Originally posted by eskimo_firefighter View Post
    Didn't know you had a build thread Stephen! Very nice stuff, keep it up! Loving the RG's on your car.
    Thank you =]
    At the time I was thinking of getting Enkei RPF1 but snapped up the RG's when I got the chance. I think the gold contrasts nicely with silver.

Comment

A few updates, first the appetizer.

To complete the braking hardware, I got around to purchasing a pair of DBA T3 4000 slotted rotors for the front to accompany the Ferodo pad and Goodridge lines. In due time they'll all go on together. I must say the T3 4000 is a great looking rotor, I really like the pattern lol.

As for the main course, the KPRO was installed and tuned. Had it done almost a month ago now.
      The tune was done by Steve at MSC Performance and yielded 128.7fwkw with I/H/E, VTEC engagement lowered to 5000rpm and rev limit raised to 8500rpm. I'm not worried at all with the peak power as I was really after better low-mid range usable power and I think I got just that.

Blue line before KPRO
      Green line after KPRO

Impression
      The difference in power delivery after the tune is significant. The car definitely pulls better at the low to mid ranges which means normal driving in traffic is much improved; don't have to rev as much particularly from a standstill. Once the right foot is planted down into WOT... you can imagine the big grin on my face Overall power gains throughout the whole rev range, lower VTEC engagement is immense and power remains constant all the way to the 8500 rpm limit. I have to remind myself that I can rev just that little bit higher

As you can expect from a more linear power delivery, the VTEC crossover isn't as pronounced (compared to before KPRO) but the trade off is more than worth it.
      Last edited by iVTEC_R; 24-06-13, 04:48 PM.

Comment

awesome read, great results. whats next on the list?
        sigpic

Comment

It's been a long time since the last update but quite a few things have changed.
          As you've seen from my partout sale thread, I've sold quite a few of my mods (updated on first page). Common question I was asked by buyers, "why?" Basically I felt satisfied with the level I reached, which was always just the basic bolt on and tune anyway. Additionally I never had any intention of tracking so someone else can put the mods to better use, or at least use the mods toward their own build.

All power mods except the catback have since been sold along with sway bars. I have however kept the consumable mods that would wear and tear over time so I have them on hand to changeover, namely the Exedy clutch, DBA slotted rotors and Ferodo brake pads.

Prior to the partout, I did buy/do some other stuff. Updates below

Breathe easy
          One of the easiest and cheapest improvements was to get a set of cabin filters. As I understand, our AUDM cars didn't have them so I thought it would be great to have clean(er) air coming into the car. Installation was pretty straight forward, just a matter of removing the glove box, cleaning the dirt residue already in the filter compartment and placing each filter into the 2 trays.

Keeping up appearances
          One of the things that always annoyed me was the door window rubber moulding being dried out and cracked; to the point where the metal was showing. So I looked towards replacing them. I didn't bother asking Honda AU dealerships at all since we all know how expensive OEM parts would be through them. So I turned to eBay and found them from a reliable seller: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/151166840...84.m1438.l2661
          At almost $200 shipped, it wasn't bad but I felt I could find better.

Enter Amayama Trading, http://www.amayama.com/
          At the time, I remember reading Freakygeek needed hard-to-source OEM parts for his NSX and used Amayama to obtain them reliably and at a good price. Upon hearing that, I gave them a go too. At a tad over $150 delivered, the value is amazing!

Delivery time wasn't long at all, about a week and a half later, they arrived. Clips included for simple bolt on installation:

Here they are installed, brand new and looking great!

Ass!
          Another aesthetic improvement that I've always wanted was the JDM rear bumper. The excessively big number plate section of the AUDM bumper always bugged me so I waited until a JDM one popped up for sale. I know they can be hard to come by, and was surprised when I found one on OzHonda that was listed for a few months and no one bought it. Located in Melbourne too, I jumped on it asap. It was white at the time so a respray was in order also, just a matter of finding a good place to do it.

Special thanks goes to Carl (MYDC5R) who suggested I check out the place he got his paint and body work done, Star Motor Panels in Fairfield whom did a great job!

Since I hardly drive the car much anyway, I left the car there for 2 weeks. I wasn't fussed how long I needed to leave it there, just so long as the job is well done. Needless to say the end result was fantastic, colour matching and overall paint quality.

As you know, there is a big gap in the number plate section of the JDM rear bar. So throughout it's time at the panel shop I had also requested to have that gap filled by plastic welding a piece of plastic in that space and painting it accordingly. The end result too, was awesome.

So those are the updates as of now. Since the partout, it almost feels weird driving the car. Apart from the power from KPRO, the car is noticeably quieter but still sounds good as I still have the Powergetter

That's all for now, here are just some random pics...

The mod I miss the most hehe
          Last edited by iVTEC_R; 05-12-13, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Car looks great, I need new door mouldings.

It's not often you hear someone being happy with the car as in and de-modding it. We need more of that.

Comment

Car looks awesome. Gotta love that jdm rear bar!
              > http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...894#post254894

Comment

Good work man, clean and simple, I like it,
                I'm also in need of new window molds and had planed to give anayama a run, good to here it went well
                02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Thanks for the kind words guys!

=]

Yeah stock-ish isn't so bad, just have the bare minimum lol

Comment

PWOAHHHH
                    Looks like Gab & Paul really looked after you Stephen
                    Which one of the boys worked on the car? Matt?
                    I'll pass your comments to Gab & Paul. Hope they looked after you price wise!

Comment

Working...
                    X