No announcement yet.

Stephen's Silver DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ended up getting another DC5R, CW to be specific (colour i always wanted) from a member of this forum.

ended up selling most of the NHB DC5R that got written off.

is your red H badge on your steering wheel matte or glossy?

Comment

Nice write up! I'm enjoying the story as much as the content.
      Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetjeeesus View Post
        I ended up getting another DC5R, CW to be specific (colour i always wanted) from a member of this forum.

ended up selling most of the NHB DC5R that got written off.

is your red H badge on your steering wheel matte or glossy?
        Oh that's good. Ideally I would've wanted CW too, but none at the time I was looking =P. The H badge is matte.

Originally posted by mugsee View Post
        Nice write up! I'm enjoying the story as much as the content.
        Thanks man =D

Comment

domo domo !!nice car man... ! making progress!
          for some reason your steering wheel looks brand new

that white type R is for sale here in sydney for $15K... !!!
          Name: Robin
          Ride : riced DC5S

Like ClubITR -

Comment

Haven't updated in a long time but during this time I've been stockpiling my future mod list from the first post. I'm happy to say that I've almost got everything I want, although none of it has been installed just yet.

Pending mods awaiting install
            - Hondata KPRO V3
            - Exedy Stage 1 sports organic clutch
            - Exedy lightweight flywheel
            - DBA T3 4000 slotted rotors (F)
            - Ferodo DS2500 brake pads (F)
            - Goodridge stainless steel braided brake lines

First up...

Hondata KPRO V3

Purchased from RevZone in Ringwood. I decided to buy it from them as they are the official distributor of Hondata in Australia, plus I could pick it up in person. Looking forward to getting the car tuned; more midrange would certainly be appreciated. Thanks to Dave (dnapol) for selling me his DC5R ECU from his wreck, the KPRO is installed onto it so mine remains untouched in case I part out later.

*********************************************** QUESTION **************************************************
            Does anyone have any recommendations for a reliable and experienced KPRO tuner in Melbourne?
            I'm not so fussed about price per se, as the priority is definitely a tuner that will tune the car reliably, properly, and get it done right the first time.
            *********************************************** QUESTION **************************************************

Exedy Stage 1 sports organic clutch +
            Exedy lightweight flywheel

I bought these as a combo from EBay. I love the fact that a lot AUDM parts are shared with our U.S counterpart, the RSX Type S, which means very competitive prices due to their much larger market. I don't think I'll be installing these just yet, as my OEM clutch still feels good so it'll just be a waste of money to do it now. Although I have been tempted to do it just to experience how the lighter flywheel would feel

Those curious to know where I bought the combo from, see here: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/360622608...84.m1438.l2649
            For under $700 delivered, it is great value

Ferodo DS2500 brake pads (F) +
            Goodridge stainless steel braided brake lines

Grabbed these two from the group buy last a while back. The pads for the front and the brake lines all round.
            The only thing missing now is the DBA slotted front rotors. My OEM pads and rotors still have plenty of meat on them so just like the clutch, they'll only be changed when I need to. At that point, I'll buy the rotors too and get everything done at once

More minor updates to come later on
            Last edited by iVTEC_R; 22-06-13, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Nice to see some updates from you
              Shak's S2000

Comment

Nice updates mate, keen to how your car turns out tuned
                Have a read of my build thread

Comment

Great buy on the clutch kit! Same place where i got mine

Also how long did it take you to get yours?? If you remember that is.
                  Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
                    Nice to see some updates from you
                    Originally posted by itr5093 View Post
                    Nice updates mate, keen to how your car turns out tuned
                    Thanks guys I'm definitely look forward to completing everything sometime.
                    Can't wait for the tune. Finding the parts is easy, finding the place to do it is another matter hehe

Originally posted by eLtrix View Post
                    Great buy on the clutch kit! Same place where i got mine

Also how long did it take you to get yours?? If you remember that is.
                    I think it was about 2 weeks, which is not bad I reckon. The seller was very prompt too which was great. Did you get the flywheel also? Or just the clutch?

Comment

Give art a call about tuning!!

Comment

Good stuff, you'll enjoy all those upgrades. Very functional

Comment

Nice parts & update!
                          ClubITR | Like

Comment

Nice update mate! You might want to consider putting in an LSD when you get the clutch and fly done. I put a Wavetrac in mine, it's a friction/gear type LSD, it uses OEM gear oil, and isn't overly aggressive so great for street use etc will make a huge difference to the way the car drives/handles

Comment

Nice updates! Have you considered tuning the Kpro yourself?
                              Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Didn't know you had a build thread Stephen! Very nice stuff, keep it up! Loving the RG's on your car.
                                1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X