The CR-X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Apu View Post
    Hmmm...how many K-swapped Nissan S1x are there in Australia?

BYP are finishing off a K-swapped Toyota MRS - would be interesting to see a couple of them running around!
    There's the guys down here in Melbourne with the S13 with K swap, I'm unsure of any others. Mid engine with a K swap is nice though..... Proper sports cars have the engine in the middle.

Originally posted by iwearmoccos View Post
    This is a great photo.

Good luck with your 2018 goals.
    Confidence and German BBK will get you there.
    Thank you Rhys, I will pass your comments on to my new camera. I appreciate the support, I am sure you'll achieve your 2018 goals also.

Comment

Good luck with the goals this year Tom. I've already hit two of mine on the first two outings haha.
      See you at Wakefield come H nats!

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Toddxxx View Post
        Good luck with the goals this year Tom. I've already hit two of mine on the first two outings haha.
        See you at Wakefield come H nats!
        Thanks Todd, see you at H nats. You need to set loftier goals though perhaps, if you're achieving them so early in the year!

Made some small progress on the brake kit. I had the calipers milled on their mounting face to allow me a bit more freedom with my adapting bracket design.

Then I've got a rough CAD model of the caliper adapter done, I just need to double check a few dimensions then I'll have a prototype 3D printed before I cut metal to make sure fitment is good. Then all being well I'l have a real version machined in steel, grade to be determined. I'm sure someone will ask why not aluminium, and my answer to that is that I don't like to rely on aluminium for threaded parts that are repeatedly installed and uninstalled, and I'd rather have a bit of safety factor inherent in my choice of material, particularly as the geometry means that thread engagement of the caliper mounting bolts will be limited to about 1 diameter.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
          Thanks Todd, see you at H nats. You need to set loftier goals though perhaps, if you're achieving them so early in the year!
          This is true. I think I just underestimated the ability of the re71r and didnt expect to go out and be 1-2 seconds quicker on my first outing. I've re-evaluated the situation and adjusted them a little now

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Comment

bump bump! hows the progress on the crx now tom??? or have you started focusing on another project?

Comment

Working...
            X