Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vezzy's DC5 TYPE S NEW MEMBER!

Hey everyone,

Name is Veasna, Recently joined the fourm about 1-2 months ago and been browsing through since.
    Anyways, I purchased my DC5 type s 05 about 2 months ago. I stuck to the type s because all the type r that I had my eye on was either thrashed or had too many K’s. It came completely stock with the slightest mod of the tinted windows. I was fairly happy with the purchase and the overall performance of the car.

Within the first week, I had a pioneer avh2350 head unit put in, front speakers and amp. I was really indecisive of what mod I should go for next. I was really keen for wheels but then I also wanted more power and then was leaning towards a full exhaust system. So I wanna hear what YOU guys would do. What your mods would be? Etc. I also have fog lights coming in soon, just waiting on them to come in.

IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

Welcome Veasna!! I'm guessing you're a girl from the name but I could be wrong..

I would do my intake as the next mod, but thats just me..
    Shak's S2000

Comment

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
      Welcome Veasna!! I'm guessing you're a girl from the name but I could be wrong..

I would do my intake as the next mod, but thats just me..
      Haha, I'm a guy.. thanks !

Comment

Injen intake, mounts, suspension. (in order of price)

Welcome bro. What part of aydney u from?
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

Nevermind, ur in melb lol
          Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

Welcome

Mounts first

Comment

Welcome

My opinion - coilovers, engine mounts, intake, exhaust, headers, ECU, tune. Once it has the proper ride height and stance, the stock wheels actually look great so you could put that off until the end if you're just wanting to extract some power for the time being.

A nice, heavy aftermarket gear-knob is also a good idea, could do that first ... costs around $70-80.

Comment

^^ yes yes gear knob! Best mod I've done

Comment

Welcome Vezzy!

This thread might help.
                  ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by ggwpty View Post
                    Welcome

My opinion - coilovers, engine mounts, intake, exhaust, headers, ECU, tune. Once it has the proper ride height and stance, the stock wheels actually look great so you could put that off until the end if you're just wanting to extract some power for the time being.

A nice, heavy aftermarket gear-knob is also a good idea, could do that first ... costs around $70-80.
                    Thanks everyone for the feedback ! I heard engine mounts are crucial, I will take all your consideration into account. With the mounts, are there specific ones I should get ? And where would I be able to buy it from ?

Comment

Originally posted by ggwpty View Post
                      Welcome

thanks! yeah, now im thinking of putting them off , didnt realise what I needed haha. I just brought a gear knob, hopefully it comes in sometime this week!

Comment

Type s wheels are hot!!! If only they were wider ::
                        Integra Type R
                        Integra Type S
                        S2000

Comment

You could go with Innovative 60a engine mounts or the Hardrace engine mounts. I and a few other members here have the hardrace engine mounts, they're great, vibrations aren't too bad (though it is kind of subjective, some people might find it fine, others not). You can grab them from JDMyard, they're a vendor here. As for innovative, I'm not entirely sure if any of the vendors sell them. You can easily find them on ebay from the US.

Guess it really depends on what you want from the car at the moment. If you just want to look/sound good, coilovers and exhaust will do the trick for the time being.

Comment

I ordered innovative 60a, havnt got em yet but have experienced them in other cars. Very good in my opinion. Gives you all the gains with minimal vibrations (enough to deal with and not think about). Pretty sure they were 260 shipped from US... Bargain'
                            1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
                            1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
                            2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
                            F1 Nut

Comment

Originally posted by dnapol View Post
                              I ordered innovative 60a, havnt got em yet but have experienced them in other cars. Very good in my opinion. Gives you all the gains with minimal vibrations (enough to deal with and not think about). Pretty sure they were 260 shipped from US... Bargain'
                              thanks for the advice . will these be okay ? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/INNOVATIV...item2eb6534e52

type s 05

Comment

Working...
                              X