X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot! Love the rear end on this bad boy
    1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
    1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
    2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
    F1 Nut

Comment

Beauty!
      > http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...894#post254894

Comment

Whoever installed those side mirrors did a fantastic job. Couldn't have done them better myself

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
          So low. Looks good.
          Looking at the car lately, I'm getting OCD bursts and want to lower the front more because it looks like there's too much wheelgap at the front in comparison to the rear...

Originally posted by dnapol View Post
          Hot! Love the rear end on this bad boy
          Originally posted by McDognalds View Post
          Beauty!
          Thanks boys!

Originally posted by --drew-- View Post
          Whoever installed those side mirrors did a fantastic job. Couldn't have done them better myself
          You know I love you Andy, I already gave you creds on FB. =P

Comment

Loooks mad as paul
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

Update time!

So pretty much spent all day at Garage 88 yesterday sitting in them comfy brides while the DC5 went under the knife for some minor cosmetic and handling changes.

JDM Cluster is now in! Thanks to Nathan opening his mouth while the missus was nearby at the BBQ, causing me grief and having to admit I purchased it months ago and did not have time or motivation to install it...

Thanks Nathan, you almost got my nuts chopped off...

110,000 km's went missing, they were unable to change over the km's because it's actually a part of the board. So I just took note of how many km's were on the original cluster.

Second thing that was done was the Spoon Rear Strut Bar, which had been sitting in the boot for about 6 months after buying it off Hau...

And finally, the wiring for the Spoon mirrors were fixed up, however, they came to a road block.

The Power Module for the mirrors has no voltage, and is all burnt out. Assuming, it got water in it or something. So now I need to replace that module. Can't even turn my foglights on until I get a new one...

Anyways, have begun discussion with JDMAccessories to bring in the final touch to the car to make it look meaner and more aggressive, last thing that will be done to her until new shoes and facelift sometime next year!
              Last edited by Paulieee_R; 06-12-13, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Really like the JDM cluster ^_^

Did the CEL come on from installing it?

Comment

Dem km. I approve.
                  Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

Any updates?

Comment

Cars come a long way paul
                      Integra Type R
                      Integra Type S
                      S2000

Comment

Not yet. Soon. Respray and some moar goodies.

Comment

Update Time!

Some minor developments since last time I posted anything.

First up, raised the rear about an inch. The rears no longer tuck rolling, and you can probably get a pinky between the guards and tyres. However, this has caused some rake, which is what I was after because I wasn't pleased with what the car looked like when it was rolling.

Secondly, as most of you know, the car was chosen for inclusion on the upcoming Series 2 shooting of ABC's Maximum Choppage. The show is supposed to be a comedy/action. I have not even watched S1 yet.

Anyway, some of you know that the car wasn't treated with much respect during the filming and was used more as a prop rather than as someone's pride and joy. Both doors, both rear quarter panels and the boot had recently been resprayed. All 5 of these panels have now been scratched all over again plus a large dent on the driver's side door caused by an overly-aggressive stunt.

The car is insured under their production company and all damages will be covered. I will shortly be seeking a quote from a friend and will be doing a 90% respray and adding something to the normal milano red. I will be dubbing it Milano Red Phase 2.

Finally, the last and most recent update. It's also the most exciting because it has changed how I feel about the car especially seeing as I'm feeling very unhappy about that dent on my driver's side door.

Some of you may be aware that I've been having a rattling issue for the last year and a half in my exhaust. This was caused by running PLM Headers to a custom hi-flow cat to a 60mm Skunk2 Megapower catback.

This unusual setup caused the exhaust to sit further back towards the rear of the car and the bend in the exhaust to rest of the rear diff. After about a year, it burnt through the OEM rubber on the rear right LCA and has now melted a nice little dent in the LCA which will later be replaced. To counter this issue, I had a few choices.
                          1. Change the catback or part of the exhaust system
                          2. De-cat & test pipe
                          3. Blast pipes

I chose the last option and spoke to a few people regarding the issue. Initially I went with Ison Industries, but also got quotes from JDMYard and Offset Image & Fabrication.

In the end I went with Offset due to the quality of the work and the recommendations from others who had had blast pipes done.

$380 dollars and about 5 hours later. The result was incredible. I have never been so happy with the tone the car puts out.

Three other friends have blast pipes, but all run Mild Steel piping. I opted with the Stainless Steel piping at 2.5 inches from Axle-Back. I retained the Skunk2 midpipe which has the resonator.

The sound is amazing, it is not too drony, and VTEC sounds like an F1 car when they were still V8 and above. It is so loud the sound bounces off buildings and easily sets off alarms.

Anyway, that's all for now, hopefully another update coming soon, still negotiating next mod with Australian Suppliers and deciding on new wheels.

Credits to Geremy at Offset Image & Fabrication for the exhaust work and photos.

Comment

waiting for sound clip of sexy exhaust

Comment

Blast pipes on a DC5 is different!

And also talk about sway bar clearance, I get the same issue and using heat wrap all over that particular part of the exhaust to stop it from non-stop rattling ~

Comment

Yes please video clip!
                                ClubITR | Like

Comment

Working...
                                X