• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn those new wheels look hot on your car
    sigpic

Comment

UPDATE: INJEN COLD AIR INTAKE

Ok guys, another update today. Injen cold air intake went in...thanks to my brother it only around an hour when online forums said it should take 3. A bit of screwing around but in the end it got in there perfect

And the difference....well the first words I said were Holly S**t. And that pretty much describes it in two words. I couldn't beleive the epic noise it made. I heard videos on youtube of the intake crossover but they don't do it justice. There is definately a noticable difference in power too, especially low - mid range torque. And the throttle response feels better too. No doubt about it, one of the best bang for your buck mods by far!

Comment

haha, gotta love the intake crossover. It absolutely screams like a biatch with a gruppeM

what else do you have planned?

Comment

Originally posted by ggwpty View Post
          haha, gotta love the intake crossover. It absolutely screams like a biatch with a gruppeM

what else do you have planned?
          It certainly does!

Next on the list is probably a clutch upgrade, probably get exedy stage 1 racing clutch. Clutch occasionally slips in high gears so I want to change it before anything else.

Comment

If you are changing the clutch, change the flywheel at the same time to either a JDM DC5R, or a Toda/Excedy flywheel. There is a noticeable difference between a stock and aftermarket flywheel.

If you are also changing to an agressive clutch, you should really look into some stuffer mounts. If you are getting "racing" clutch, it'll probably be a button clutch, which is rather aggressive. If you are using it for street use (with the occational thrash), you can get away with an Excedy sports organic... but you'll still need to change the mounts.

Comment

Yeah engine mounts is pretty high on my "to do" list. I don't thrash or track my car, just the occasional acceleration every now and then. How hard are the mounts to put in?

Comment

Originally posted by CHN15 View Post
                Yeah engine mounts is pretty high on my "to do" list. I don't thrash or track my car, just the occasional acceleration every now and then. How hard are the mounts to put in?
                Depends which kit you get, as some only replace the front and rear, while other replace all 4.

Side mounts are fairly easy to change. Just need to jack up the subframe when you are removing them.

Rear one can be a bit hard to do if you are only working with a car jack.

Front is just a bit tricky to get to, but can be done with a car jack.

If you are doing a DIY, give yourself a full day to get it all done... I'd be more then happy to pop around to give you a hand, and I know Stephen has done a few mounts in his time also.

Comment

Cheers man, it might not be for a couple of months as I'm putting this clutch in first but then I will be focusing on the mounts.

Comment

Just to add about the engine mounts. The sides are fairly easy, back is hard to get to and front is tricky with the bolts (I cut myself trying to undo a bolt). The side and back ones u just need a trolley jack to support the engine and also so u can align it properly up and down. The rear one will need axle stands because u need to get underneath and also have a jack stand to support the engine. You do not need to undo the subframe, some people have told me that subframe needs to be loosened to get the back one out. It honestly isn't necessary, just hammer it in and align it.

Comment

So I just noticed that your car is now up for sale

Comment

i know, sad isn't it?

Comment

Working...
                        X