X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chinny's Black DC5R

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum so I thought i would to introduce myself

First up, my name is Nick, but people call me chinny which is a nickname due to my last name, so if your wondering what the number plate CHN15 means, it means chinny's, and not chinese as some people think

Anyway, I purchased my new DC5r last week from Sydney. I found that all the ones up here in Brissy are either thrashed, out of my budget or have too many K's. Previously I owned a Honda prelude BB6 1999 model and did a bit of work to it (will include pics), but I was wanting a change to a newer car but wasn't sure what. I was tossing up between s2k and DC5r continuously but chose the DC5r due to its greater practicality and style (s2Ks IMO look a little girly). I miss the luxury features such as sunroof, cruise control and climate control on the prelude which the type r doesn't have but the interior of the type R is by no means uncomfortable (In love with the recaros).

So, I sold my prelude about two weeks ago just before my Sydney trip and went down to sydney for a valentines week away with my gf and it just so happened to be that i was looking for a car at the time and there was one clean black dc5r on the market. It was stock as a rock, paint in IMMACULATE condition, full service history and had some cool little features such as reverse camera, full sound system, double din DVD headunit and genuine type r floor mats. The guy was asking just under 21k but I managed to get him down to 19k. So then started the roadtrip back to brissy which the car did with no problems, and in only 1 and a half tanks of petrol :O Gotta love the I in I-Vtec sometimes!). Automatically put 1,100 k's on the clock and bumped it up to 119,000 k's. Totally worth the drive though!

Within the first few days I put a custom 2.25 inch catback exhaust system on just to give her a nice tone. Then jumped onto my best friend when it comes to cars, Ebay, and have ordered the following:

Gold Beaks Bar
    Injen cold air intake
    SBC Enkei RPF1s - 17x8.5 +30 (What will the fitment be like???)
    Slimline front personalised plates (front at the moment looks daggy) purchased from PPQ.

So all that should be here soon and ofcourse, i will update as i go. Clutch will need replacing in the next month or two aswell so I'm leaning towards the Exedy stage 1 organic racing clutch. Heard good things of it and will give the car a racy-er feel to it. But other than that, I am broke due to the purchase (and girlfriend's aren't cheap either lol) so other than these few mods don't expect anything else in the next 6 months or so. I am a uni student at the end of the day working part time so money is a bit of an issue.

And my ex ...

So that's my story so far, but keep an eye on this thread!

Very nice buy my friend, looks great

From what I have heard 8.5 +30 is perfect figment for the guards good buy

Will enjoy seeing updates (mines new too)
    1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
    1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
    2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
    F1 Nut

Comment

Looks very clean. The recaros look well maintained. Make sure you "jump" into them if you want them to last longer hehe! Enjoy the forums!

Norm

Comment

I hear keeping recaros in condition is next to impossible!!!

But I'll do my eat

Comment

Welcome mate. Such a clean car you got there. Those bbs wheels would of looked nice on the teg

Originally posted by CHN15 View Post
          I hear keeping recaros in condition is next to impossible!!!

But I'll do my eat
          It is try mate. One of the hardest thing. I dont bother with the sides anymore as ill just replace it later
          sigpic

Comment

I put them on the teg but the tyre wall is too stretched and look a bit silly when car isn't lowered, plus 17s for a stepped out lip like the BBS are a little small

Comment

Welcome to the forums, nice clean car btw and yeah you are also right about Brisbane DC5R's are either thrashed, fcked overall or bad condition. When I bought mine, paint work was ok, interior and engine was good though ... though engine mounts were screwed and same with the front suspension being total warped. But either than that, it's been quite good. With the recaros, i recommend placing seat covers and it will keep it in good condition. My passenger side is mint condition and driver side is in good condition and is till tight, unlike some others ive been in.

Also have fun getting SBC RPF1's, from my experience they are getting quite rare now. But should look awesome if you get them in, something I've always wanted but got silver ones from a mate of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen_AUS View Post
                Welcome to the forums, nice clean car btw and yeah you are also right about Brisbane DC5R's are either thrashed, fcked overall or bad condition. When I bought mine, paint work was ok, interior and engine was good though ... though engine mounts were screwed and same with the front suspension being total warped. But either than that, it's been quite good. With the recaros, i recommend placing seat covers and it will keep it in good condition. My passenger side is mint condition and driver side is in good condition and is till tight, unlike some others ive been in.

Also have fun getting SBC RPF1's, from my experience they are getting quite rare now. But should look awesome if you get them in, something I've always wanted but got silver ones from a mate of mine.
                Already got the rpf1s in SBC, had to get them shipped from USA though. got them for 1400 delivered to my door whether that's a goodprice brand new I'm not 100% sure but it seems pretty good to me

Comment

I put them on the teg but the tyre wall is too stretched and look a bit silly when car isn't lowered, plus 17s for a stepped out lip like the BBS are a little small
                  Amen.

And welcome
                  Integra Type R
                  Integra Type S
                  S2000

Comment

Already got the rpf1s in SBC, had to get them shipped from USA though. got them for 1400 delivered to my door whether that's a goodprice brand new I'm not 100% sure but it seems pretty good to me
                    Crap that is cheap, I was quoted like 1800 for SBC's !

Comment

Welcome to CITR mate looks good!

What other goodies did it come with? Looks like you have a different knob (lol), possibly short shifter? lowered?
                      S2000
                      WSID : TBA
                      Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
                      Smooth As Detailing
                      Incar Racing

Comment

must also ad that I have the exedy organic clutch and fly, and i love it how it feels racey however it bites hard, and you need a heavy foot :P
                        1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
                        1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
                        2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
                        F1 Nut

Comment

Originally posted by Flippit View Post
                          Welcome to CITR mate looks good!

What other goodies did it come with? Looks like you have a different knob (lol), possibly short shifter? lowered?
                          not sure if it has a short shifter, gears do feel very short though, never really been in any other DC5r's so i wouldn't be able to tell.

As for the suspension, it has peddars springs on them and the ride is comfortable with a sporty feel. spring rate is stiffer than what i thought it would be like, however, i will be getting coilovers later down the track so they will have to do for now.

Comment

have you dont the engine mounts? that should be one of the first things to do. my back suspension is quite stiff and is quite bad going over speed humps and pot holes. front absorbs it better, this is stock suspension btw
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hau View Post
                              have you dont the engine mounts? that should be one of the first things to do. my back suspension is quite stiff and is quite bad going over speed humps and pot holes. front absorbs it better, this is stock suspension btw
                              I haven't done engine mounts, is this a bad thing??? and why?

my car is fine going over speed bumps

Comment

Working...
                              X