Chinny's Black DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by etherealfall View Post
    12AWR, orange integra with white regas haha. I've ran past your house before. Sick BBS. What happened to them?
    haha holly shit, u must live right up the street from me! small world aye. Love the colour of your teg, so nice

Yer loved those BBS', couldn't find any then those poped up and got them reasonably cheap. I put them up on JDMST last week, and they sold within 3 hours lol

Comment

thanks! haha if i see you around i'll make sure to holla!

Comment

Originally posted by etherealfall View Post
        thanks! haha if i see you around i'll make sure to holla!
        haha I'm sure I will see you around dude!

Comment

Originally posted by CHN15 View Post
          yeah, im thinking about not stretching these tyres, maybe go for a 225/45/17 tyre fitment. That will give me a close stock wheel and tyre diamiter and hopefully wont need to roll guards.

I'm located southside around eight mile plains/sunnybank area. How about yourself?
          True, true. Will look good either way

I'm around Rochedale South. But I drive around sunnybank (market square in particular) pretty often. Black dc5s with 50 LUL plate. Give us a beep if you see me

Comment

Sweet upgrade Nicholas! It's Moiz here btw

Whats the difference in driving compared to the Prelude? Like body roll? Power?

Don't forget to order a few ClubITR stickers man they will suit the car, hopefully all us boys will get to meetup one day .
            Moiz
            無限 teamgroundzero 無限

Comment

Very clean.

Welcome Nick
              ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by ggwpty View Post
                True, true. Will look good either way

I'm around Rochedale South. But I drive around sunnybank (market square in particular) pretty often. Black dc5s with 50 LUL plate. Give us a beep if you see me
                Haha will do bro! I work at sunnybank woolies so I'm around that area all the time

Comment

Originally posted by DC2-PWR View Post
                  Sweet upgrade Nicholas! It's Moiz here btw

Whats the difference in driving compared to the Prelude? Like body roll? Power?

Don't forget to order a few ClubITR stickers man they will suit the car, hopefully all us boys will get to meetup one day .
                  Difference between the two is very clear, type r is a sports car. Handling is similar but I'm comparing stock on a type r vs coilovers on prelude. Not much body roll in both. But once the dc5 gets coilovers no doubt it will handle better.

When I sold the lude I sold it to a friend. Gave him a run yeaterday and I had 4 car lengths on him, which surprised me. I think the weight difference between the two is critical. But the prelude has better low end speed and more torquey.

And yeah, I will defs be getting a sticker lol

Comment

i like the black. I must say i love the red interior with black! looks HAAAWWTT! welcome
                    DC5R: RED GOES FASTER

Comment

Originally posted by pung_dc2 View Post
                      i like the black. I must say i love the red interior with black! looks HAAAWWTT! welcome
                      agreed!

Comment

Originally posted by CHN15 View Post
                        Well I guess I'll save the engine mounts for later, headers will come a bit later too. I just hope that these stock mounts will do the job for the ocassional quick acceleration on the street but still under speed limit...
                        dont accel too much,you WILL crack mounts take it easy till you get yourself some Hardrace/Hasport Mounts

And..Welcome mate enjoy! nice and clean dc5

Comment

UPDATE: WHEELS

So first update, and it's a pretty big one, both to the car and my wallet. My Enkei RPF1's came early this week and I got them on the car today. Fitment is pretty much how I expected it to be, a very minimal amount of poke in the fronts and a couple of mm inside the guard in the rears. IMO they look good, the colour of them sets it off nicely.

Rim Specs:

Enkei RPF1
                          17x8.5 +30 offset
                          With a SBC finish

Couldn't afford the best tyres so I got a tyre which was around the 150 each mark with decent grip

Nexen n5000 performance tyres
                          225/45/17

I like the way they grip, perfect for the street as I have no intentions to track the car in the near future (but that could and probably will change).

Pics:

Also got my beaks bar installed, will take photos tomorrow and INJEN CAI will be installed either tomorrow or Friday...can't wait to hear vtec when the CAI goes in

Comment

Looking good! Though me thinks it could be a tad bit lower :P

Comment

Originally posted by ggwpty View Post
                              Looking good! Though me thinks it could be a tad bit lower :P
                              haha your not the only one, me thinks so too

Comment

nice dc5 man! keep up the good work

your bb6 prelude looks awesome as well... i also had one before, miss it heaps theyre sucha classy car lol

Comment

Working...
                                X