No announcement yet.

Chinny's Black DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine mounts will allow you to aggressively accelerate from a standstill, and reduce exhaust movement. However, if you don't do/plan to do either, you can probably skimp on the engine mounts and be quite happy. Your response will be a bit better with engine mounts though and you can probably plan it so that you install them when you change your header later down the track (if that is on the books).

Comment

very nice and clean dc5. great purchase

Comment

Originally posted by etherealfall View Post
        Engine mounts will allow you to aggressively accelerate from a standstill, and reduce exhaust movement. However, if you don't do/plan to do either, you can probably skimp on the engine mounts and be quite happy. Your response will be a bit better with engine mounts though and you can probably plan it so that you install them when you change your header later down the track (if that is on the books).
        Well I guess I'll save the engine mounts for later, headers will come a bit later too. I just hope that these stock mounts will do the job for the ocassional quick acceleration on the street but still under speed limit...

Comment

Originally posted by etherealfall View Post
          yeah. one of mine split open, i was lucky i changed them before all the others broke as well. i would recommend them even if you dont plan an many mods as dc5r stock mounts are quite fragile. You will always have those occasions where you would want to give it a hit.
          sigpic

Comment

im getting these ones, for the price you cant go wrong

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/200627408...84.m1438.l2649
            1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
            1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
            2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
            F1 Nut

Comment

welcome mate, look forward to folowing your build,
              and don't stress to much about your mounts mate, while the stockies are a bit week and upgrading is a good idea, it still takes a far bit of clutch dumping and abuse to bust em, i did 70xxxkm on mine and they all came out in one piece
              02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Welcome guy!

Comment

Originally posted by gunpoons View Post
                  welcome mate, look forward to folowing your build,
                  and don't stress to much about your mounts mate, while the stockies are a bit week and upgrading is a good idea, it still takes a far bit of clutch dumping and abuse to bust em, i did 70xxxkm on mine and they all came out in one piece
                  haha thanks man, luckily for me there won't be much clutch dumping. I don't plan to take this to the track, just a super street p-plate legal weapon

but hey, this is coming from the same guy that said I would leave this stock...which lasted a couple of hours until I hit up ebay for parts. Happens every time... (facepalm).

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                    Welcome guy!
                    Cheers ChargeR

Comment

Welcome mate!

Clean looking DC5R you go there! And the old prelude looks amazing too

Those rim specs will go very nicely! Pretty much a good blend of some stance and practicality. Though you may need the roll the rears, depending on how wide your tyres are and how much you drop the car.

Whereabouts in Brisbane are you? Southside?

Comment

Originally posted by ggwpty View Post
                        Welcome mate!

Clean looking DC5R you go there! And the old prelude looks amazing too

Those rim specs will go very nicely! Pretty much a good blend of some stance and practicality. Though you may need the roll the rears, depending on how wide your tyres are and how much you drop the car.

Whereabouts in Brisbane are you? Southside?
                        yeah, im thinking about not stretching these tyres, maybe go for a 225/45/17 tyre fitment. That will give me a close stock wheel and tyre diamiter and hopefully wont need to roll guards.

I'm located southside around eight mile plains/sunnybank area. How about yourself?

Comment

Hah. I think I've seen your prelude around my area. Let me guess, you turn in off/near Demigre St?

Comment

haha yeah man, that's where I live, what do u drive/number plates?

Comment

12AWR, orange integra with white regas haha. I've ran past your house before. Sick BBS. What happened to them?

Comment

Nah no need for guard rolling, with that width, offset n tyres you will do fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X