• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updates on the car / situation?

Comment

Originally posted by Kreston View Post
      Updates on the car / situation?
      Sorry dude. Have been pissed around by the insurance company and had some massive delays. Only just found out what's going on this afternoon.

Unfortunately as I had so hoped not to be true, my car has been declared a write off. From what was said at the repair shop, it's going to be a statutory so there is no way that i can get the car fixed and put back on the road.

After I found out that the car was most likely a write off, I started slowly taking it apart slowly piece by piece and returning it to as stock as possible.

For those who do not know what happened; I was t-boned about a month ago. A young girl, P plater, pulled out of a side street directly into the side of my car. Below are the pictures of the damage from the night and the morning after.

What you can't see is that there is blatantly some suspension/wishbone damage on the passenger front side as that's where some of the impact occurred. If you compare from side to side there are some significant differences.

I started with the interior, took out my recaro and started re-assembling all the trim and rear seats.

I wasn't sure what I was going to purchase next, and i really liked the look of the 6UL's. So i decided to get another set of alloys in case it was a write off and they were going to tow my car away. My wheels still had some decent rubber left on them so hopefully I'll be able to put them on my next project but in the worst case i can always sell them.

Herrafrush

So thats how she is today, mostly stock. I still have the headers, exhaust, front camber arms and coilovers in the car as I didn't have anything to replace them with. So if you know someone that wants those items let me know asap and maybe we can organize a swap with stock.

I have been offered $600 for the wreck, debating whether or not to buy it back and part it out. My engine has only done about 121xxx Kms and has been taken care of so it should be in pretty good nick. Do you guys think i should buy back the wreck and part out the car or would i just be wasting my time?

I also have a bunch of other bits and pieces that i managed to get off the car such as:
      AEM CAI
      ASR Gold subframe brace + 24mm anti-roll bar
      Hardrace hardened rubber rear camber arms

Comment

Damn that sucks Rookie.

But on the bright side, time for a new project!

If you need any help pulling anything apart just holla.

You might find buyers for the little bits and pieces like plastic, and headlights etc since those seem to be unaffected, $600 isn't too bad. This is assuming you have somewhere to store it though, it will take up a lot of time and space!

Comment

I definitely recommend you buy the wreck back. You can sell the b18c2 package for quite a bit, especially when it has only 121k Kms. For only $600 for the wreck you can make a decent profit selling off the engine, body parts and aftermarket parts that you already have on the car.
          1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Bad news mate. At that price I'd probably buy the wreck back and then just do a re-shell into a clean DC2 or EG, or just upgrade to a Tyte Car.

Comment

Originally posted by M@lew View Post
              Damn that sucks Rookie.

But on the bright side, time for a new project!

If you need any help pulling anything apart just holla.

You might find buyers for the little bits and pieces like plastic, and headlights etc since those seem to be unaffected, $600 isn't too bad. This is assuming you have somewhere to store it though, it will take up a lot of time and space!
              Currently been having driveway privileges haha. Mum hates it! I probably will buy the wreck back and part out the car, i thought i could make close to $600 for the engine package alone if need be.

Originally posted by eskimo_firefighter View Post
              I definitely recommend you buy the wreck back. You can sell the b18c2 package for quite a bit, especially when it has only 121k Kms. For only $600 for the wreck you can make a decent profit selling off the engine, body parts and aftermarket parts that you already have on the car.
              Yeah i was thinking something along the same line. Cheers for the input.

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
              Bad news mate. At that price I'd probably buy the wreck back and then just do a re-shell into a clean DC2 or EG, or just upgrade to a Tyte Car.
              Tis, but this opens doors for new projects. Just annoying as i've lost a bit of funds via this situation. Will certainly have to consider the re-shelling. Although i'm not too sure I could get away with a B18 in an EG due to vicroads regulations etc. Shall research further.

Comment

Originally posted by rookie View Post
                Will certainly have to consider the re-shelling. Although i'm not too sure I could get away with a B18 in an EG due to vicroads regulations etc. Shall research further.
                PM sent about this.

Comment

Condolences buddy, know the feeling. I reckok buying the wreck is a terrific idea, parted out 2 cars now and it works out very profitable

I recently acquired a b18b2 eg (gsi non vtec I believe) and it was engineered to the chassis so I imagine its possible
                  1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
                  1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
                  2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
                  F1 Nut

Comment

Originally posted by dnapol View Post
                    Condolences buddy, know the feeling. I reckok buying the wreck is a terrific idea, parted out 2 cars now and it works out very profitable

I recently acquired a b18b2 eg (gsi non vtec I believe) and it was engineered to the chassis so I imagine its possible
                    Yeah you would know pretty well haha. Did you just host partout days? Or did you sell a lot of your car by advertising on forums etc?

Huh, didn't know how well that would go down with P-platers and all.

Comment

Means we'll have to have another part out BBQ day @ Napos.....for Rookie!

Comment

I sold most through my part out threads on ozhonda, CITR and jdmst. Also firesport. Then with the last of it I had a bbq. Can host a partout bbq if you like
                        1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
                        1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
                        2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
                        F1 Nut

Comment

Originally posted by dnapol View Post
                          I sold most through my part out threads on ozhonda, CITR and jdmst. Also firesport. Then with the last of it I had a bbq. Can host a partout bbq if you like
                          Sweet, shall see how many things i can sell straight off and see how we go Thanks dude.

Comment

Working...
                          X