Rookie's Teg DC2 VTI-R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rookie's Teg DC2 VTI-R

Hey guys, Im rookie. I'm new to ClubITR, but you may have seen me on some other hoonda sites.

I am in possession of a 1996 Honda Integra VTi-R. Dark violet purple in colour.

Here are some picks from when i first got the car mid last year.

Between then and now i've had a couple deliveries...

Got myself some F&F coilovers with 10pt dampening adjustment.

And and AEM CAI

Pretty much put the CAI in straight away

And the coils were installed shortly after...

Although, over the last couple weeks i haven't really done anything as such because someone reversed into my door

I picked the car up on tuesday and here is how it sits now:

Currently the car is sitting on Function&Form Type II coilovers.
    Other mods include the AEM CAI, Exedy HD clutch, Stripped out the rear seats.

I just purchased type R skirts and wing.

Next thing planned is to get some new wheels, im thinking 15x8 +25 but its hard to find a nice pair.

looks nice - will you be tracking it?
    ... retired/

Comment

As a matter of fact im taking it down to winton funday this month!

Tyres are clapped at the moment so i need new tyres asap, although im looking to get new wheels at the same time. Any recommendations?

Comment

Welcome rookie!

I love those OEM rims.

Hmm 6UL rims?
        ClubITR | Like

Comment

I also do enjoy the look. Too bad they are 15x6!

Possibly some 6UL's. I've not heard much about them, they seem quite cheap. Are they good?

I was also considering some Konig Flatouts.
          http://www.konigwheels.com/Konig-Hom.../FLATOUT-WHITE

Comment

25 is the wrong offset i think? not too sure when it comes to 8in wide rims...

(i personally would not go over 7in wide on street car...)
            ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by rookie View Post
              Possibly some 6UL's. I've not heard much about them, they seem quite cheap. Are they good?
              Quite popular as track rims and they look tough as well.

I personally would choose the 6UL over the Konigs!
              ClubITR | Like

Comment

Fair enough, i just thought considering they are only $149 a wheel that they might be average. Maybe its just a good deal!

From anyone's experience, if i were to get 15x7's what offset would i be looking for?
                Also, what about the offset for 15x8's if i were to go that wide?

If necessary i can roll my guards.

Comment

Originally posted by rookie View Post
                  Fair enough, i just thought considering they are only $149 a wheel that they might be average. Maybe its just a good deal!

From anyone's experience, if i were to get 15x7's what offset would i be looking for?
                  Also, what about the offset for 15x8's if i were to go that wide?

If necessary i can roll my guards.
                  width & offset play a major role in handling characteristics - you should research a lot before making a bad decision...

here is something that might help: http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ghlight=offset
                  ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                    width & offset play a major role in handling characteristics - you should research a lot before making a bad decision...

here is something that might help: http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ghlight=offset
                    Awesome. Thanks for that link mate. I'll have a read up on it now.

Comment

Welcome! You just missed the latest Melbourne meet, you will have to come to the next one.

Car looks good, but as above I would definitely reconsider 15x8 +25 if you want function.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                        Welcome! You just missed the latest Melbourne meet, you will have to come to the next one.

Car looks good, but as above I would definitely reconsider 15x8 +25 if you want function.
                        Yeah i saw the most recent one in the events tab. Pretty disappointed i wasn't aware, i was free that night anyway. Plus i could have possibly given a lift to some of those east-siders.

So it seems my understanding of wheels is skewed. If not getting 15x8's, what size+offset would you recommend?

Comment

Most recent photos from the Winton Fun Day on the 28/1/12

Comment

Man your car looks so good! Keep up the good work

If you are looking for some modification idea's view this thread
                            http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...?t=6077&page=3

Pure gangsta car, that thread has given me a lot of ideas.
                            Moiz
                            無限 teamgroundzero 無限

Comment

Originally posted by DC2-PWR View Post
                              Man your car looks so good! Keep up the good work

If you are looking for some modification idea's view this thread
                              http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...?t=6077&page=3

Pure gangsta car, that thread has given me a lot of ideas.
                              Cheers mate

Defs on the market for some more mods at the moment. Wheels and tires are most certainly on the top of the list.

Will have a look, thanks for the link.

Comment

Working...
                              X