No announcement yet.

Stephen_AUS DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As promised progess pictures of the Mugen Front Bumper ...

When I first got it, quite in decent shape ... could have been washed before handed over to me.

Sanded it back to base paint ...

Bogged up and ready for final sand down before prime/base/clear ...

Now considering to either DIY base and clear or get a profesional to do it ... getting prices very soon so hopefully it's not expensive.

Endless Zeal Super Function Coilovers have been sent out last Wednesday so should be arriving end of this month off the ship with his motor. Hopefully all goes well and will go on before Lakeside Series 2 Time Attack if I still have the car by then. I am giving till end of April to decide whether or not to keep the car or sell the car cheap. As much as I want the new car, it isnt easy selling a car plus getting the right money for it isnt easy either. So I will have to wait and see how things go. You will see more updates later this week about the bumper and once it's painted, it will get a new splitter made up for it. Should look good in the end!

Comment

Re: Stephen_AUS DC5R

Nice, front so if this doesnt sell your not getting other dc5? Or keeping both O:
      BNR34 Build [SOLD]
      APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
      Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
      NSEX

Comment

Originally posted by wongy View Post
        Nice, front so if this doesnt sell your not getting other dc5? Or keeping both O:
        Pretty much if this doesn't sell, I don't get the other one But then again there will be some quite big updates if I keep the car ... planning to do Endless BBK, Roll Cage and possibly K20/K24 Frank or Supercharge ... really depends

Comment

oooh, nice well, i hope you get what you want, didn't know what to say since both are viable options haha :P
          BNR34 Build [SOLD]
          APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
          Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
          NSEX

Comment

this may sound really stupid and nooby.. :/ but i didnt know that mugen front bumpers came for AUDM dc5R lights.. looks really good man!!

Comment

Nice bumper bro, that's the bumper off that JDM Dc5 in qld yea?

Comment

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
                Nice bumper bro, that's the bumper off that JDM Dc5 in qld yea?
                Not too sure aye, I just bought it from some guy from Ozhonda. Didn't have a JDM DC5R at all, some Type S with different coloured panels ...

Comment

So recently I have almost completed the front bumper and is ready for my new splitter.

This is it after the primer has been done, I test fitted my old splitter to see how it looks like ... bit too small.

Here I have just finished putting down the base coat colour down on the bumper.

I will have a few more photos tonight hopefully with the new splitter and after clear coat finish.

Comment

Stephen_AUS DC5R

Nice job Stephen! Don't know how people can get such a clean looking result when painting, I suck so much as it lol what are you making the new splitter out of?

Comment

Originally posted by Oz Striker View Post
                      Nice job Stephen! Don't know how people can get such a clean looking result when painting, I suck so much as it lol what are you making the new splitter out of?
                      I am still finishing up the final result (wetsand and cut/polish) and it's not of profesional quality but pretty decent I guess. The new splitter is made from 9mm Plywood ... should be more sturdy. The new splitter is also bigger, 120mm extension out from bumper ... to be honest I never thought JDMyard would have done the same, ours are almost the same design.

JDMyard DC5R

Comment

Looking good Stephen!

Are you going to use canards as well?
                        ClubITR | Like

Comment

I have currently made up all the parts and all painted, just now ready to be bolted onto together and fitted to the car. I have got some winglets made up from scratch. We bought aluminium off cuts from a place locally and was only $18 Basically winglets made up under $20, DIY FTW! I don't see much difference in a branded vs. diy product, you get the same results for a fraction of the price. Here are a few pictures of the process ...

Finished cut and polish product

Red Honda Badge came in the mail when I just finished polishing it up ... put it right on

9mm Plywood from Masters, cut up, rot treated (so its water proof) and painted glossy black

What it looks like with the Mugen Front Bumper

And finally what it would look like all together with the winglets

Hopefully will have it all together before the weekend, after all put together will be going out for a photoshoot in the CBD @ midnight You guys shall see these photos on the weekend if weather is all good ...

Also Felix, won't be running canards ... just the winglets for now I will think about making up some aluminium canards later in the nearby future ...

Comment

NICE! Wow those winglets look legit!

Comment

looking forward to seeing it fitted

Comment

Looking good in black!
                                Integra Type R
                                Integra Type S
                                S2000

Comment

Working...
                                X