No announcement yet.

Stephen_AUS DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sell your car and buy mine - http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...285#post209285

Comment

So I am still considering selling the car but at this stage it is hard. There's not many good Honda's for sale except FN2R's. But definitely keen to look at very low km white DC5R. Oh forgot to take more pictures of the Hasport mounts which I really cbf doing. Does anyone here have 70a? Because it's very rough for street use, but then again they are still new so I can't really tell if it's going to be rough all the time or unless it needs to wear in. At this stage I am planning to grab J's Racing Engine Mounts which seem to be a much suitable choice for street and is only 20% harder than OEM. Well it's still a waiting game and I will see how the 70a's go for around 1000km.

Comment

If you want to sell the 70a's let me know.

Otherwise I could swap you my inserts. They are good for a K20... just seem a bit soft for the K24.

Drive a S2k (or any other car you are considering for that matter). The amount of people I know that use to own a DC2R or DC5R, to buy a S2k/Evo/STI/Nissan, and then want there Integra back is crazy. One of the old Bris boys owned a Type S, then bought an AP2 S2k (With mods). He stopped driving it 2 months after be bought it, then sold it 4 months later because it wasn't his thing. He now owns a 03 STI, but still misses the DC5S.

Personally, I think selling the car you have, to buy one with less k's/different colour is stupid. People have to get over the stigma that is "OMG, it's got 100k on it, it's going to blow up". It's a Honda, if you service it, it'll go forever. My K20a2 had 180+k km on it, and it was fine. The only reason I put the K24 in there was because I wanted more power.
        Last edited by 45SET; 22-01-12, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Robi, what inserts you running now ? 62a, if so. I'll take a test drive before we consider swapping. 70a's are just too rough for my liking. Well since you train to work and only drive the car once a week it should be good for you. Next meet well have a chat. Oh and also. I consider selling mine and go for a low km car is resell value. But I highly doubt it. I'm only considering ATM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen_AUS View Post
            Robi, what inserts you running now ? 62a, if so. I'll take a test drive before we consider swapping. 70a's are just too rough for my liking. Well since you train to work and only drive the car once a week it should be good for you. Next meet well have a chat. Oh and also. I consider selling mine and go for a low km car is resell value. But I highly doubt it. I'm only considering ATM.
            Yeah ok, I'm running the energy suspension inserts (not sure on rating). I'll let you sit in the car at idle... there is next to no steering wheel movement. Taking the car for a drive won't be a true indications as the torque from a K24 is totally different to a K20.

Resale... seriously. Just keep the DC5R you have.

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
              Yeah ok, I'm running the energy suspension inserts (not sure on rating). I'll let you sit in the car at idle... there is next to no steering wheel movement. Taking the car for a drive won't be a true indications as the torque from a K24 is totally different to a K20.

Resale... seriously. Just keep the DC5R you have.
              ESMM really ? I was told by many people that it's just a filler and really not very good. Plus my stock mounts are shattered, driver side and rear are completely gone! But if you my 70a's I will sell it to you once I get my J's Racing Mounts. How much you willing to give me for them, by the time I get my J's Racing ones, it shouldn't have done no more than 1000km. So basically really new, and I can assure you that you will feel the power is way more direct compared to stock.

Comment

ESMM really ? I was told by many people that it's just a filler and really not very good. Plus my stock mounts are shattered, driver side and rear are completely gone! But if you my 70a's I will sell it to you once I get my J's Racing Mounts. How much you willing to give me for them, by the time I get my J's Racing ones, it shouldn't have done no more than 1000km. So basically really new, and I can assure you that you will feel the power is way more direct compared to stock.
                Keep the Hasports man. All hasport mounts are like this when they are freshly fitted in, but over time it'll wear out abit. By that time you should be over it
                Moiz
                無限 teamgroundzero 無限

Comment

I found them to be fine with the K20, but with the extra torque of the K24 and the much stiffer clutch, they move around a fair bit.

They are a filler, but are very solid. A fair few guys on here run them, and have no problems. I'm not sure how much the 70a mounts go for.

Comment

Originally posted by DC2-PWR View Post
                    Keep the Hasports man. All hasport mounts are like this when they are freshly fitted in, but over time it'll wear out abit. By that time you should be over it
                    I will see how they go, but I don't know anyone who is running 70a's and who can give me feedback on the ride quality and how it runs when it's wear in. I'll search a bit on ClubRSX and other US forums but everyone nearly runs 62a's.

Comment

Keep the Hasports and let them wear in. My car was rough as shit when I first put them in, after about a month or 2 ( I drive the car once or twice a week) they settled and weren't as rough.

Comment

+1 to keeping the mounts and letting them settle in a bit. My 85A are still rough as hell though, years later.

Also I am pretty sure that Hasport will sell you softer inserts if you still aren't happy, and from my experience the level of NVH from 60Aish hardness polyurethane mounts is better than with the ESMM inserts.

Comment

Personally I would keep them and run 62a rubbers on the sides and that should reduce vibrations and noise by heaps but my dad is really pushy and hates the vibration noise! So he wants to get J's Racing Engine mounts. At this stage we are still researching, gathering quotes and awaiting advice from JDM Concept, Hi-Power Racing & Touge Distribution.

Since my dad did pay half the car for me and he does drive it every now and then, but I still have to confirm stuff though him because he is the one who gives me the loan when I don't have enough money to buy stuff. Considering I am a uni student now and it takes me forever to get stuff. Thats why it took a long time to get wheels, because I had to save.

So to sum up, dad doesn't like it, he wants them gone and wants J's Racing! I'm going to try and convince him to get 62a rubbers and get him in my friends DC5R who is running 62a Hasports.

Comment

Surely there wouldn't be that much of a difference between 62 and 70. just let 'em loosen up abit first.
                            k20A DC2R

Comment

You should use solid billet mounts like mine stephen, since you're in my situation at uni, you won't ever have to replace your mounts again :P

My teg doesnt vibrate/rattle at all either so your mounts must be pretty stiff. my ej with cusco mounts shakes a fair bit though...

Comment

Personally I would keep them and run 62a rubbers on the sides and that should reduce vibrations and noise by heaps but my dad is really pushy and hates the vibration noise! So he wants to get J's Racing Engine mounts. At this stage we are still researching, gathering quotes and awaiting advice from JDM Concept, Hi-Power Racing & Touge Distribution.

Since my dad did pay half the car for me and he does drive it every now and then, but I still have to confirm stuff though him because he is the one who gives me the loan when I don't have enough money to buy stuff. Considering I am a uni student now and it takes me forever to get stuff. Thats why it took a long time to get wheels, because I had to save.

So to sum up, dad doesn't like it, he wants them gone and wants J's Racing! I'm going to try and convince him to get 62a rubbers and get him in my friends DC5R who is running 62a Hasports.
                                That sucks man, it was the same thing with my dad when i started to mod his 4wd (i paid half) and with every part i bought he didnt appriciate it.

wait till you get your own car, you can mod it as much as you wish. the only problem you will have is money haha.

let dad do whatever he wants but try to convince him that it'll wear in, hpr labour costs are not cheap either man so that might put him off
                                Moiz
                                無限 teamgroundzero 無限

Comment

Working...
                                X