No announcement yet.

Stephen_AUS DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been a very long time since an last update! So today the arrival of my J's Racing C304 Stainless Steel 70RR Race Exhaust System had arrived from JDM Concept and before that a 2 month wait for production in Japan's J's Racing Workshop. My only issue now is how to install the piece of art on my car. But first I will show you pictures of the product:

I was surprised it came in a 4 piece construction, so the C304 version is slightly different to the Ti version. Either way, it makes it easier for installation!

I was pretty happy with the overal quality of the product, knowing its a J's Racing product, they do have hi expectations within quality control. I'd thought it would have a burnt tip on the end of the exhaust, but it ended up being a polished tip ... I might consider to give it a burnt blue tip on the end for the looks. As for installing the thing, might need to get back to the the technical thread about this situation. Anyways, be more updates to come soon!

Comment

Holly shit is this going to be ran on the street?
      Integra Type R
      Integra Type S
      S2000

Comment

Nice exhaust.
        sound clip when on car

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
          Holly shit is this going to be ran on the street?
          Yeah gonna get this thing on the road. Apparently the BYP Ti Exhaust is supposed to be as loud as the 70RR.

Originally posted by Timmy_B View Post
          Nice exhaust.
          sound clip when on car
          Yeah I'll make up some video when it gets on the car ...

Comment

70RR No cat... Run on Street...
            U sir.... Playing a dangerous game but that looks amazing...
            Btw, don't burn the tip, most likely if not done right, it will probably effect the quality of the steel....

The quality of that exhaust is truly amazing, typical 'JDM'

Question, do you have the 4-2 JDM Header Section?
            Last edited by MYDC5R; 03-05-12, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
              70RR No cat... Run on Street...
              U sir.... Playing a dangerous game but that looks amazing...
              Btw, don't burn the tip, most likely if not done right, it will probably effect the quality of the steel....

The quality of that exhaust is truly amazing, typical 'JDM'

Question, do you have the 4-2 JDM Header Section?
              It's a real hard decision about running no cat on the streets ... I am considering getting a 100cell cat, small as possible and run it on the downpipe section. If not that then PLM header and cut the exhaust. I feel bad about cutting the exhaust since it ruins the original design or purpose.

About burning the tip ... considering about it !

And no I do not have any 4-2 header atm. I still need to decide carefully about this ... either to go 4-2 header or a PLM header. Plus do any of you guys know if there is a cat that would be like 20cm in length ?

Comment

Damn, u bought a really expensive exhaust, considering cutting it, unsure bout cat converter, o.O
                Integra Type R
                Integra Type S
                S2000

Comment

yeah thats a really nice exhaust,
                  i don't really agree with cutting it, but i def don't see running no cat as an option either,
                  i just measured the k-tuned(which is a vibrant) 200 cell 2 1/2" hi flow i have and it is 205mm in total length, it could be cut back by 20 to 30mm no worries and still be made work, not sure if a 3" would be the same length either though,
                  no matter what you do, i see a lot of nervous clutch in/roll by moments in your future
                  02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Yeah I've looked online about running no cat ... and the risk involved is too much for me. So running a cat is a requirement! What I am considering now are:

1 * Cut down the exhaust to fit as a catback exhaust, then run a PLM header with 100 cell or 200 cell cat (whatever will fit)

$100 - $150 - Cut down, fit flange and install.
                    $550 - $600 - PLM Header
                    $150 - $200 - 100 cell or 200 cell cat with O2 Bung
                    Est. total - $800 - $950

or

2 * Customise the 2-1 downpipe to fit a 100 cell or 200 cell cat and need a 4-2 header and EP3 Sway Bar

$150 - $200 - 100 cell or 200 cell cat with O2 Bung (must be 20cm or less)
                    $50 - $100 - Labour for customisation
                    $150 - $200 - EP3R Sway Bar
                    $100 - Temporary 4-2 header or untill I souce a 2nd hand J's Racing or Spoon header ($700+)

Est. total with temporary header - $600
                    Est. total with J's or Spoon header - $1200+

This is what I have gathered so far from my research and when I looked at the PLM header dyno run comparing with J's Racing header that BYP had performed. It seemed that PLM had a better flow with a better power output. I'm not too sure if a 70mm downpipe would have a big effect but to my understanding, I think it might be a very small difference.

Also the reason why I ended up buying the 70RR is because at the time of purchasing, there were no 70mm exhausts on the market that were out there, it was only 1 month later after I bought the exhaust I found out BYP were selling a Ti 70mm exhaust within my budget which was such a pitty! I was prepared to modify the exhaust at all means, but what method to choose is a mission. Please any info you guys have that could help me, feel free to input. I might get that technical thread I had about it back up again!

Comment

pm sent..

Comment

Considered keeping this exhaust for track days and running byp ti catbackfor steeet?
                        Integra Type R
                        Integra Type S
                        S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                          Considered keeping this exhaust for track days and running byp ti catbackfor steeet?
                          If I had 1.5k to spare ... only a uni student so I have no dosh! But I am planning to keep this exhaust at this stage and modify it.

Also what would be a pro and con with the J's Racing header vs the PLM header ? Is there any particluar difference between them ?

Comment

lol, yeah i'm sure we've already been over this,
                            and not sure what your talking about though, skunk2 megapower-r comes in 70mm direct bolt on cat back
                            personaly, i can't see why now, after spending megabucks on a catback, your trying to cut costs on your header? the most important part of the system
                            02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

You can always sell the 70rr and buy the BYP exhaust?.. Of course you wont get back what you paid for it but i'm sure you'll have enough for their exhaust and plm headers?..
                              Shak's S2000

Comment

Yeah I know we've been over this alot in the other thread ... honestly I do not have that much knowlege about tuning cars so thats why I ask you guys.
                                Oh yeah I knew about the Skunk 2 Megapower R but just didn't want it.
                                And I'm not really cutting costs on the header, I just hear that the PLM was able to out perform the J's Racing header.

I think I should just settle this myself rather than asking you guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X