Stephen_AUS DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moved to post 95, keeping it clean and together
    Last edited by Stephen_AUS; 09-02-12, 08:03 PM.

Comment

^^ How much you get em for shipped to your door?
      Ummm i think J's Racing Mounts are 30% tougher then OEM i think, don't quote me while mugen were like 15% tougher hence the small price difference between the 2 (Mugen being slightly cheaper i believe)

Comment

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
        ^^ How much you get em for shipped to your door?
        Ummm i think J's Racing Mounts are 30% tougher then OEM i think, don't quote me while mugen were like 15% tougher hence the small price difference between the 2 (Mugen being slightly cheaper i believe)
        They say that they are 20% harder than OEM. And also is better than Mugen because they provide all 4 mounts where as Mugen only provides 3 and not having the rear mount, which is more common to wear out. You can get these from JDM Concept around $530.

Comment

Good purchase, look forward to your impressions. All the Japanese manufacturers (Mugen, J's Racing, Alex Motorsports, Tracy Sports) that make mounts use the OEM mounts and just replace the bushes. Makes sense to me, the quality of manufacture of the OEM pieces is going to be very hard to match.

Comment

J's Racing Engine & Tranny Mounts Installed @ 143150 km

07.02.2012 Update - J's Racing Engine & Tranny Mounts Arrival

So today I received the J's Racing Engine & Tranny Mounts that came from Japan! Thanks to J's Racing, the items came in only 1 week which is super fast!

Love the box, it's a pity they didn't throw in a free sticker

Oh now I tell you, whoever packed these in Japan is superb, so neatly done. Even the package was neat and no damages on the box and the packaging taping was done like a professional. I praise whoever did that.

And there we have it, J's Racing Engine & Tranny Mounts.

What I have realised is that the J's Racing Engine & Tranny Mounts have used the OEM mount housings and just re-did the bushings with a harder compound though still compromises of gaps in the bushings. I always have thought it was made from scratch. (I accidentally didn't copy the previous post I had before so I had to make it over again )

08.02.2012 Update - J's Racing Left, Right & Front Mounts Installed

So today after work, I decided to start replacing the Hasport 70A's for the new and more streetable J's Racing Engine & Tranny Mounts. The aim for today was to do the side mounts and the front mount and tackle the rear mount tomorrow when I get some jack stands so I don't kill myself. So here we have pictures ...

Here is the driver side mount taken out.

And there here is the J's Racing driver side mount installed, basically looks like stock.

In the process of removing the passenger side mount, bit of a hassle since we tightened the bolts up really tight and ended up hurting myself

And here is the J's Racing passenger side mount installed, again looks stock but the difference between the bushing design is different. J's Racing has decided to redesign the bushing for added strength.

Now here is the front mount, I only realised now that it had torn and was totally split. So that means before I got the Hasport's in, I had front, rear and driver side mounts basically warped. So obviously I took it out and replaced it with the J's Racing one.

And here is a closer view of the split.

So tomorrow I will have that rear one done, and I will take a few pictures to compare the different blocks between the OEM and J's Racing.

Oh and I took it out for a test drive to make sure all the bolts were tight, which they were and the difference in ride quality was huge. Since I still had the Hasport rear mount still in, it would still make a slight vibration noise but no cabin vibration at all and power transition is very smooth through the gears. Also not much engine movement and obviously no hops. I will write a proper review once I get all mounts in. So keep updated tomorrow night

09.02.2012 Update - J's Racing Rear Mount Installed

So I didn't feel like making a mess of my thread so I just updated it here. So today I completed installing all the mounts by finishing up on the rear. But first of all I needed to go to friends house to borrow some jack stands so I know I'm not going to die. Urm within a few days, I will write up a full review of the product, I have now decided to write up reviews on what I have bought from now on, be keen to see reviews of the Hasport & J's Racing Engine Mounts maybe tomorrow night or Saturday night or whenever I have free time. So time for pictures ...

So firstly I jacked the car up and then put jack stands underneath, I couldn't put it where it should normally be so it went on the subframe and then lay off some weight off the engine with the jack so I can get the mount off.

Now here is the final engine mount that needs to be replaced.

Here are comparison's of the OEM and J's Racing rear mount. You can see how the J's has a more thicker bush and design is slightly different, but still has gaps in the bushing.

Here we go, got the final mount out, ready to have the new one fit in. Though I ran into some problems.

I ended up taking out the stock catalytic converter off because I could not get the bolt out as it was hitting on the pipe and also to give me plenty more room to remove and install the mount too. Plus I also had some fun with that cat off too, sounded so beast. And fck that cat was soo heavy!

And there we have it, new rear mount installed!

Just a reminder, be prepared to see a written report about the Hasport & J's Racing Mounts within a few days, I will have links on the first post for other items too later on in the track.
            Last edited by Stephen_AUS; 09-02-12, 08:20 PM.

Comment

good job

+ rep for diy

Comment

Originally posted by l__i__l View Post
                good job

+ rep for diy
                Thanks, trying to do DIY as much as possible now and dad is always around to help me out with things.

New update guys, I have updated the write up on post 95.

Comment

Good work champ, i thought you wouldve given it to 999auto again and charge you another arm and a leg.

keep it up and if you need a hand with anything im here to help too .
                  Moiz
                  無限 teamgroundzero 無限

Comment

Originally posted by DC2-PWR View Post
                    Good work champ, i thought you wouldve given it to 999auto again and charge you another arm and a leg.

keep it up and if you need a hand with anything im here to help too .
                    Nah, 999 aint my mechanic anymore, I wasn't happy with the quality of their workmanship so now my new mechanic is Centrax Auto, they are also friend friend so I kinda get good deals with them with parts and service.

And doing whatever I can DIY. And thanks too bro

Comment

999 - bad
                      Centrax - good

Good install man. I'll get your impression on the weekend when I pick up the Hasports!

Comment

Nice addition(s)!!

How's the ride quality on these mounts?

I'm looking for mounts now as well haha.. considering all options. But most likely going Hardrace!

Comment

Yep awesome effort with the install.
                          ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
                            999 - bad
                            Centrax - good

Good install man. I'll get your impression on the weekend when I pick up the Hasports!
                            Whats wrong with 999?
                            k20A DC2R

Comment

Originally posted by k20eg View Post
                              Whats wrong with 999?
                              I personally have only dealt with them on a customer sales/enquires level, and honestly, it wasn't outstanding.

But I know 3 people that have had extensive work performed by them - 2 of which are good friends, so I have had firsthand news, and I know the pain they went through as I would talk to them during the process.

One of them took them to court for around $5k, as they told him his K-Pro was broken, and he needed a new ECU. He had a DC5R running open Toda ITB's and made 130FWKW, and it sounded like it had VTEC killer cams. I told him to get his car tuned by Adrian from Toda (As he was in Brisbane at the time). Not only did he "fix" his K-Pro, but he got the car to idle perfectly fine, and make more power. Basically, 999 fit the ITB's wrong (braking some sensors, and making my friend pay for new ones), didn't realise the K-pro was locked (So said it was broken), sold him an adaptronic ECU (K-Pro ran the dash, Adaptronic ran the engine), then did a VERY average tune.

The other friend wanted a new exhaust for his DC2R, and left with a $15k invoice, and a "buddy club" engine (That made 116FWKW). Now this is more so his fault as he should have walked away from the situation. But the quality of the work and service on the car was rather average (Take the tune for example). The car was taken to another performance shop (Hi-Power racing, who have moved away from Honda's, but do still offer good workmanship), and they doubted that half the parts on the invoice were actually in the engine.

Now, I believe in the automotive community, the best way for a business to get business is "word-of-mouth". There are only a couple of shops I would trust my car with, Centrax is one of them. They have done a lot of work on my car, and they have also gone out of their way to ratain me as a customer. Steven and Chris are both great to deal with, and Chris knows Honda's (Especially the DC5R) back to front.
                              Last edited by 45SET; 10-02-12, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Ditto robi for centrax. Personally haven't had trouble with 999 and have had a couple of things done there but most of my work has been done by Steve and Chris at centrax and they've been outstanding.

Their knowledge of dc5s is phenomenal and definitely recommended as a workshop. Wish they would tune though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X