No announcement yet.

Stephen_AUS DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want a baller splitter material we offer carbon sheet 2000mm x 1000mm 3mm (foam core)
    BYP Racing & Developments
    Built. Tuned. Driven
    Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyz39 View Post
      Just install the t/b on, no need to bore out RBC intake manifold. The spoon t/b are a tapered OEM unit (throttle blade same OD as OEM but the opening mouth has been tapered bore to 70mm)

Won't throw off the tune much, you'll pick up throttle response due to the faster air speed.
      Originally posted by fatboyz39 View Post
      If you want a baller splitter material we offer carbon sheet 2000mm x 1000mm 3mm (foam core)
      Thanks for the advice! I might do that soon ...

As for the splitter, depends on the price let me know please.

Comment

APR GTC300 will sit nicely on this DC5R!
        BYP Racing & Developments
        Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
        STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

Originally posted by benson View Post
          APR GTC300 will sit nicely on this DC5R!
          If only I had the money =="

Comment

Car is going along very nicely stephen! :P

Comment

Front splitter just got made up and finished today ... just needs another coat of black paint and all ready to go. I'll have more photos tomorrow night of where and how i mounted the thing. A little different to how other people did it. Here is a little snapshot ...

Track day at Lakeside is on this Sunday so very keen to see better lap times. Aims 60 seconds for the end of the year If I get under 60, I'd be so amazed! Mugen GT Wing is on the way too, should arrive tomorrow or Wednesday, I will be extending the wing by making up new stands from aluminium plates just taller is better IMO

Comment

Stephen! The car is looking great!. Out of curiosity what makes you think a higher wing is better?

Comment

Mmm, can't see how you could raise a mugen wing without drilling holes in the original stands, due to the way they fix to the top blade, and besides modding what is a very expensive part, mugen know what they a doing, I'd trust its set up right for the track

Sent from snoopnugs ringer
                  using Tapatalk
                  02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Originally posted by gunpoons View Post
                    Mmm, can't see how you could raise a mugen wing without drilling holes in the original stands, due to the way they fix to the top blade, and besides modding what is a very expensive part, mugen know what they a doing, I'd trust its set up right for the track

Sent from snoopnugs ringer
                    using Tapatalk
                    Whoops sorry to mention it's a replica one (carbon fibre too), so yeah ... modding it wont worry me. I had assumed that making the wing higher would allow the wing to access the wind faster. I also have those Vortex Generators on the car for it to guide the wind to the wing. This is only my assumptions, I thought I give it a go ... might be good might be bad, in the end ... lap times count. I will do some research out there. Also the J's Racing Wing sits quite high up on the car as well, kinda got me thinking why.

Comment

Very nice, splitter looking good. Can't wait to see how you did it.

Comment

Splitter looks baws! Put up a diy for that i might do it !!
                        Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by eLtrix View Post
                          Splitter looks baws! Put up a diy for that i might do it !!
                          I'm taking some photos today on how its mounted ... not going to do a DIY guide, too long to do (more like ceebs). I think if your smart and have common sense, the pictures will say 1000 words (thats what they say) So they will be up tonight ... hopefully !

Was also reading up about high mounted gt wings, they say its supposed to give better downforce and more stability as the wind it directed straight to it. But obviously a wing wont feel any difference until after 120km + so hopefully it should help :P

Comment

There is a guy on Clubrsx who used bullet proof glass as wing stands. I think its a ridiculous concept, but it may have stronger tensile strength than steel.

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
                              There is a guy on Clubrsx who used bullet proof glass as wing stands. I think its a ridiculous concept, but it may have stronger tensile strength than steel.
                              Will be strong, but thinking about the price. More so had ideas in aluminium thick sheet, will be light and should be strong enough. If not back to steel again. Will not be extending it until after track day, needs testing first and see if it lacks downforce or not.

Comment

So I got some proper photos of the front splitter and the car without the wing

Mugen GT Wing Carbon Replica in Pieces

The splitter has been bolted onto the lip and subframe chasis. 4 bolts right to the subframe and the remaining to the bumper/lip ... enough to keep it on the car. Doesn't need to be overly crazy.

Wingless with a splitter, looked pretty cool for a second when I went for a test drive to make sure everything was fine.

Plenty of clearance

WINGLESS

I have more photos coming very soon with the new aero kit on the car. I am going for a photoshoot soon, so thats why I'd like to wait a little longer and show good photos of the car More photos will be coming shortly from the recent track day I had last weekend. Keep updated ...

Comment

Working...
                                X