No announcement yet.

Stephen_AUS DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the V-Lip on my car at the moment.

When I was pre-fl I used my OEM bar at the track and it looked like this.

This was when it was beginning to warp.

Basically you can get everything from bunnings. Take a sheet of plywood and put your OEM bar on it, measure out X cm (I had about 5 from memory?) or what you think is necessary.

Trace the outline of the bumper until you have a nice shape and cut it out. There are 2 options now, leave as is and bolt on or cut a bit out of the middle to access your bolts etc. I also added an L bracket that bolted to the chassis quite nicely. (Or it'll flap around)

You can get the 2 stand / prong things from Bunnings too, those are the most expensive part. Then just spray and done! Fairly straight forward when you get down to it, the hardest part is the measuring and getting it symmetrical (if you're pedantic)

Comment

Matt, was your plastic guards for wheel and under engine take out ? Or did you have a splitter cut up to fit.

Comment

Nah splitter just went over it. You'll have to drill a hole in the splitter to put the bolts through or just drill new holes into the splitter to support it regardless.

Comment

Today was track day at Lakeside with the Subi Evolution Time Attack Series. This time I was prepared with new suspension tweaks, more power and etc for the day. Car performed real good with the new tune and suspension adjustments, it's just so much quicker overall! In the end what matter was my lap times, each session I progressively got faster and faster ... last lap of the day and new PB record is 1:01.5464 compared to my previous result which was 1:03.9862. Big improvement from last time and was so impressed. Here are a few pictures and little videos of me at Lakeside.

Comment

Great work on the new PB Stephen you smashed it!!!

I can't see your pics or videos though!

Comment

Originally posted by Oz Striker View Post
              Great work on the new PB Stephen you smashed it!!!

I can't see your pics or videos though!
              Uploading as I speak LOL! I ceebed to type more lol, I was tired as bro.

Comment

Nice work, big improvements every outing,
                I hope to get up to lakeside next year for a couple of track days, I might get in touch with you later to chat about it when the time comes if that's cool

Sent from snoopnugs ringer
                using Tapatalk
                02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Originally posted by gunpoons View Post
                  Nice work, big improvements every outing,
                  I hope to get up to lakeside next year for a couple of track days, I might get in touch with you later to chat about it when the time comes if that's cool

Sent from snoopnugs ringer
                  using Tapatalk
                  Yeah mate, just let me know ... I normally only do the Time Attack organised events as it is more beneficial because of the amount of people. Just shout me a PM when it comes to that time. There is one more last event at Lakeside that is on 9th of Decemeber for the Holy Grail Competition. I think I will be attending the PM session as AM will be full of beast cars. LOL!

Comment

Could you send us details on 9th December trackday. Thanks
                    BYP Racing & Developments
                    Built. Tuned. Driven
                    Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyz39 View Post
                      Could you send us details on 9th December trackday. Thanks
                      PM Sent, be awesome if you guys come up to race at Lakeside!

Comment

So my Spoon 70mm Throttle Body arrived today I bought this super cheap from a member from our club I just need a RBC honed to 70mm and swap the stock sensors over to this. Might not be for a while though since I need tune.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Nice pick up there Stephen! Are you looking at getting the car tuned soon? Makes a world of difference

Comment

Originally posted by Oz Striker View Post
                            Nice pick up there Stephen! Are you looking at getting the car tuned soon? Makes a world of difference
                            It's already been tuned by BYP to 135kw ATW. Which is pretty standard, Benny told me I can gain extra kw from changing the header to an Toda/ASP/PLM and RBC + TB. He said varies from 5kw+ ...

I have been looking into Mugen Carbon Wing Rep + Spoon S-Tai Carbon Diffuser Rep for aero aids and see how that goes shortening my time at Lakeside. Splitter material is still thinking about, most likely to be made from perspec plastic or aluminium sheet ... don't really like plywood on my car LOL. I see that your splitter is mounted lower than the lip and used garden hedging to cover the gaps ... though it would still be useful if u can take pictures of mounting points. Thanks

Comment

Will have a few photos up on Sunday for you

Comment

Just install the t/b on, no need to bore out RBC intake manifold. The spoon t/b are a tapered OEM unit (throttle blade same OD as OEM but the opening mouth has been tapered bore to 70mm)

Won't throw off the tune much, you'll pick up throttle response due to the faster air speed.
                                BYP Racing & Developments
                                Built. Tuned. Driven
                                Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Working...
                                X