Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5R: The Journey from Stock

Where the pictures at:
    Page 1 – How I bought it, Changing of Stock to HKS HiSilent Power Catback Exhaust, Buddy Club RS Coilovers, Sony Speakers
    Page 2 – Stupid Cafe Shot whilst browsing ClubITR and waiting to get Coilovers installed
    Page 3 – Fail Wheel Alignment Specs
    Page 4 – New Ride Height on Buddy Club RSD Coilovers
    Page 5 – New Spoon Strut Bar
    Page 6 – Reppin’ the ClubITR Stickers
    Page 7 – Arrival of HardRace Motor Mounts, HAWK HPS Brake Pads
    Page 8 – Arrival of INJEN CAI
    Page 15 – Putting together KiddRacing/CRSX Header, poser shot of bike and car
    Page 16 – Installation of Kiddracing/CRSX Header & 200 cel High Flow Cat, Shots of HardRace Motor Mounts in car, How engine bay looks without stock airbox and INJEN CAI
    Page 17 – Skunk2 Weighted Shift knob arrival and installation
    Page 18 - Kpro Baby!!
    Page 19 - Genuine Honda swag
    Mods as of 11/10/2011

Power Mods:

• INJEN Cold Air Intake
    • Kiddracing/CRSX Race Header
    • 200cel High Flow Cat
    • HKS HiSilent Power Catback Exhaust
    • Hondata KPRO

Control Mods:

• Buddy Club Race Spec Dampers
    • Spoon Front Tower Strut Bar
    • Whiteline Rear Swaybar
    • HAWKS HPS Brake Pads
    • Bridgestone Potenza RE002
    • HardRace Engine Mounts

Aesthetic Mods:

• Skunk2 Weighted Shift Knob
    • ClubITR Stickers
    • Red Ball/Radius Lugs

Stereo Mods:

• Sony XS-GTX1641 Rear Speakers
    • Sony XS-GTX1641 Front Speakers
    • Sony XPLOD Head Unit with USB, AUX

Hey guys and girls hope we're all doing well,

After driving an EG for 2 years I thought it was time to upgrade. My criteria for a car was something that was relatively punchy, handled well, didn't depreciate in value too much and had significant boot space to fit mountain bikes in. After several weeks of car hunting I narrowed it down to a DC5R, and weeks later, I acquired myself what you see below:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

*note the awesome mounting of the number plate*

I took a bit of a risk in that I bought the car without a roadworthy. After a thorough inspection I determined that all that was required were two new front tyres. So off I frolicked into Derrimut Bridgestone tyre center and bought two new re002's and got myself an alignment whilst I was at it:

After the break in period for the front tyres I was super dooper pleased these tyres are probably the best I've ever owned, but then again, that doesn't say much as I'm new to the whole car scene. Needless to say, I was happy and my love for the Teg grew

So off I trot to do a roadworthy, the first place I go to say they can't pass me because my passenger window doesn't work..... So I call vicroads and get a confirmation from the head of roadworthy that the passenger side window doesn't need to work. So I go back to the mechanics, pass the phone over, and they still fail roadworthy based on the window. They wanted $600 to fix it or they'd fail me.
    So off to the next mechanics that pass it with no dramas

As you do when you buy a new car, you take the long way home ALL THE TIME, taking as many detours as possible just so you can sit in the darned thing longer. After a few days of owning the car I quickly got sick of the fart muffler that was welded onto the stock catback. I was embarrassed by it, if my muffler had a voice it would be screaming "HEY YOU, YEAH YOU, LOOK AT ME, I'M LOUD BRRRAPIDYBRAAAAPDIY BRAP BRAP POP POP BRAAAPIDY BRAP."
    ............................. and so it begins....... I troll ozhonda and find myself a nice HKS HiSilent Exhaust from one of the users. 2 days later and $650 later it's on the car.

Out with the Old.

In with the New

As it was being installed, I was so very much excite in my pantal region

When it was being bolted on at Exhaust Bros in Footscray (who did an exceptionally great job) I started getting worried that perhaps this muffler would sound equally as farty and raspy as the previous one. But after hearing it start up for the first time all my anxieties diminished. It's surprisingly quiet at idle, and at a responsible WOT it sounds nice and clean

So after 2 weeks of owning the car I had already done the catback exhaust, and the upgrade bug had thoroughly bitten to the bone. As both my front and rear engine mounts were inevitably going to kick the bucket soon, I did my research and ordered myself the following:
    - Hardrace engine mounts (to replace worn front and rear mounts)
    - Hawk HPS Front and Rear brake pads (to replace almost completely worn stock pads)
    - Injen CAI and hydroshield (for romance explosion sound at WOT and that iddy bitty bit of extra oumf)
    - LH Driveshaft (to replace busted one)

YAAAAY again my pantal region excitement zone went through the roof. Everytime I come home and check the mailbox I'm like "i hopes sumsings has arrive today fors mie!"

After trolling ozhonda and these forums, I quite often came across the reoccurring line that goes along the lines of "write down what you want from your car, then buy the parts to suit those needs."
    So off I went and wrote down exactly what it was that I wanted. What I came up with, was a car that wasn't hektik fully sick turbo, but more or less a car that looks relatively oem, had slightly more power than stock and that handled extremely well. As I was satisfied with the current engines capabilities, it was time to address something more important, the suspension. I started doing my research on what I could afford on my limited budget, the only things were BC BR Racing Coilovers. There were a few 2nd hand coilovers floating around in my price range, but none of them really made me do romance explosion, until I found a set of Buddy Club RSDs.
    After a few text messages and some negotiations I picked them up tonight:

Again my pantal erogenous zone had plenty to squirt about

I'll be getting them installed on Tuesday and am very interested to see how they'll feel compared to the crappy king springs on the back and noisy ass pedders shocks and king springs on the front.

I don't know who else is in the same boat as me, but when I even try to fix something, I inevitably create a lot of problems for myself and end up breaking a string of related and unrelated things.
    So having said that, I was very very proud of myself after I installed a set of THESE into the car:

As I couldn't find any speaker harness adaptor things that clubrsx recommends, I facepalmed several a times at the realization that I would have to cut and solder the wires together myself I went to dick smiths, bought myself a soldering iron and all the required goodies. That night I went home and practised soldering until I was confident I wouldn't burn a hole in my hand and set the car on fire. I nervously did everything the next morning and the soldering went perfectly....... except I forgot to put the heatshrink on before I soldered the wires together Anyway, I learnt my lesson and everything went smoothly and the new speakers sound ACE.
    Thus far I'm happy with the speakers, I had a play at one of those speaker board things at supercheap and they sounded the best within my price range. I mean they're not speakers that'll make an audiophile but they're good enough for me.

Thanks for reading guys and gals, I'll keep updating as parts get installed and new things get added.
    Last edited by Peachy; 14-10-11, 11:41 PM.

Nice start mate n welcome to the forums
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Comment

very nice!

and lol @ the plate mount

Comment

Looking good. Come out and show off your car at the next meet.

Comment

Looks good!! Keep an eye out on your rear bumper though. Hks has had reports of bumper burn

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Comment

^^ not from this one. on turbo cars it happens most of the time tho

looks good, bro!
            Last edited by white_r; 12-09-11, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Welcome mate,
              Great progress on the car

Comment

Thanks for all the positive comments guys I know it isn't much at this stage but she's a work in progress
                I might come to the next meet, I've only met one other CITR guy and that's Ben who I bought my BC RSD's off, top bloke.

The coilovers are being installed tomorrow morning, so very very excited. I also got something in the mail today

Updates to come

Comment

Nice to see you found a proper car forum Welcome to CITR mate and Gluck with your DC5.

Comment

Originally posted by stevan View Post
                    Nice to see you found a proper car forum Welcome to CITR mate and Gluck with your DC5.
                    You're more than right. Seems that the users on this forum are more about the technical side of ITR's as opposed to the visual 'dump yo ride' status that other forums seem to portray.

Can anyone recommend a decent set of swaybars? I'm looking to import and have found some Progress front and rear swaybars on US ebay for about $500 delivered for both. Suggestions?
                    I'd even consider buying local if the price is only marginally different.

Comment

Originally posted by Peachy View Post
                      You're more than right. Seems that the users on this forum are more about the technical side of ITR's as opposed to the visual 'dump yo ride' status that other forums seem to portray.

Can anyone recommend a decent set of swaybars? I'm looking to import and have found some Progress front and rear swaybars on US ebay for about $500 delivered for both. Suggestions?
                      I'd even consider buying local if the price is only marginally different.
                      front swaybar we normally use either whiteline or OEM EP3R ones, cos if u us Jap brands, it wont fit unless u have JDM LCAs, brakes and the rest.

rear, I've had a look around on Progress and ASR, but most of them (from the reviews) will most likely to interfere with ur aftermarket exhaust system since the bar is too thick.

Comment

Originally posted by white_r View Post
                        front swaybar we normally use either whiteline or OEM EP3R ones, cos if u us Jap brands, it wont fit unless u have JDM LCAs, brakes and the rest.

rear, I've had a look around on Progress and ASR, but most of them (from the reviews) will most likely to interfere with ur aftermarket exhaust system since the bar is too thick.
                        Thanks for that mate, much appreciated Lucky I didn't do a spur of the moment buy last night otherwise I would have been pretty upset at myself.

As of right now, Tuesday morning 8:30am, I'm sitting having a coffee and waiting for my coilovers to be installed i can't wait, I'm so impatient!!!
                        Luckily I found a nice french patisserie up the road where I can enjoy the forum and steal wifi from some unsuspecting family

Comment

^^^ hahaha love it!!
                          S2000
                          WSID : TBA
                          Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
                          Smooth As Detailing
                          Incar Racing

Comment

Nice car champ

Comment

Welcome to ClubITR! Great intro! I really enjoyed reading that

Nice start on the mods too.. are you also on BMU?
                              ClubITR | Like

Comment

Working...
                              X