Dc2 R-0607

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dc2 R-0607

Bought this car brand new off of the showroom floor in July of 2001. Only modifications so far are some Mugen pedals and some JDM clear side repeaters. I've also taken out a lot of the interior panels and removed the rear wing to lighten things a little.
    Last edited by NH-O; 15-08-11, 11:48 PM.

Since brand new? Nice!

Pics?
    ClubITR | Like

Comment

Sorry - I've tried twice to upload five pictures, but for some reason - they are not showing up. Any tips on what I may have done incorrectly? I'm new here!!

Comment

wish I could afford a showroom car back in 2001
        Honda Integra DC2R natural aspired K20A

2010 CAMS Supersprint (NSW) Type 3B champion |EC: 1:46.9280|WP: 1:07.694|Winton: 1:38.614

Comment

I won't be able to afford another one until 2031, by which time the DC2 will be a classic and I wouldn't part with it anyway. That's even if the government outlaws all petrol engined vehicles from our roads because of 'Emissions Legislation', which we all know isn't too far away I suspect! Electric cars just don't sound the same!

Comment

Pics!
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

to upload a picture from you computer, click on the MANAGE ATTACHMENTS button on the advanced reply screen

then click on the INSERT IMAGE button in the command line above the text box...
              ... retired/

Comment

Tried three times now - still no luck. Check the Members Section at www.nengun.com. Go to Honda Integra Type R DC2 in the left menu bar and mine is 'Type R'.

Comment

Looks nice! Unique with de-winging

Comment

wow it's so clean! and you removed the door trims!

ClubITR | Like

Comment

Thanks guys - I'm glad you found the pics!! I couldn't!! Removing the rear wing was mainly to improve my rear vision, but also was the start of my weight reduction obsession. I felt I needed to lose the kilos after I put on a set of Bridgestone RE001 Adrenalin tyres. These tyres were nothing like the OEM Bridgestone RE010s that I'd had on the car since brand new and loved. I've still got the Adrenalins on the car, but bought a set of Bridgestone RE-11s from Japan - hopefully to give my car the dynamics that it originally had with the RE010s. This remains to be seen as I still have quite a bit more life to get out of the Adrenalins yet. It's amazing how different the car is with so much of the weight removed. I love it - even if it's quite a bit louder and rattles inside. The driving experience is greatly improved. I'll submit new pics when I get a chance to take some more, as I've put in some OEM JDM clear side repeaters that I think look better than the amber units.

Comment

Removing the rear wing is the biggest fail anyone could do to a type R. I mean come on, saving weight by removing the rear wing? Just don't eat that KFC meal on the way to the movies one night. Sheesh...

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by justinfox
                        You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

I agree.
                          Integra Type R
                          Integra Type S
                          S2000

Comment

sooooo clean!

and i agree with above. should have a rear wing.

Comment

Deleting the rear window wiper motor and arm would probably net you more weight loss and look better, but then again you like your visibility out of the rear window.

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by justinfox
                              You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Working...
                              X