No announcement yet.

New baby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy Balls dude, I would have LOST MY SH!T!!!! Good on you for staying relatively calm, that situation is just so fu**ed up. The thought of that happening to me bloody enrages me!!!
    How bad are the scratches and dents, any photos? Depending on how bad it is I'd take it to insurance to get it fixed, having said that, if the cost difference is marginal I'd probably pay for it myself as claiming on your insurance makes all sorts of dramas in the future, they love increasing premiums based on claims.

Comment

bro thats messed up. let me know if u want me to come pay the guy a visit and question him further.

my front bar and bonnet are stone chipped but im gettin it sprayed and all dings n dents fixed on the doors n that. Ill let u know how much its gonna cost me and ill get back to u.

Comment

oh man thats unfortunate and pure bad luck. I would have been just as pissed off as u were given the same situation. It was a shame that this happened to such an awesome car.

Comment

I look forward to more post about what happened next.

Comment

Nothing worse then CUNT strata Muthafuckers.. I have dealt with a couple over the years and man it just wants to make you murder them!!!!

I feel your pain man..

Quote:
            Originally Posted by justinfox
            You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Peachy View Post
              Holy Balls dude, I would have LOST MY SH!T!!!! Good on you for staying relatively calm, that situation is just so fu**ed up. The thought of that happening to me bloody enrages me!!!
              How bad are the scratches and dents, any photos? Depending on how bad it is I'd take it to insurance to get it fixed, having said that, if the cost difference is marginal I'd probably pay for it myself as claiming on your insurance makes all sorts of dramas in the future, they love increasing premiums based on claims.
              Yeh in the heat of it i was pretty amped to go nuts on their property, but i got over it because i had no proof and revenge would only create more problems with someone who lives so close. Some dents are signifcant and some small, ill post some photos up soon.

Originally posted by ahmiie View Post
              bro thats messed up. let me know if u want me to come pay the guy a visit and question him further.

my front bar and bonnet are stone chipped but im gettin it sprayed and all dings n dents fixed on the doors n that. Ill let u know how much its gonna cost me and ill get back to u.
              Ha thanks brother, always looking out for a BBK

Originally posted by szewey86 View Post
              I look forward to more post about what happened next.
              Put away the popcorn because nothing really. Were looking to evict him as manager and get security camera's put behind the complex because my good neighbour's 135i kept under his house keeps getting nails punched into her tires.

Originally posted by DC2R View Post
              Nothing worse then CUNT strata Muthafuckers.. I have dealt with a couple over the years and man it just wants to make you murder them!!!!

I feel your pain man..
              Thank god im not the only one!

Thanks boys for your comments, its the shittest going from lindfield where space is in abundance and i had a gigantic lock up garage, to parking my car on the streets of crows nest where she is treated like a prostitute.

Ill take her around to get some quotes from panel beaters and weigh some options up.

Coilovers are coming before that though!
              Last edited by cordz; 24-10-11, 08:11 AM.
              Honda Nationals, September 9-10, get amongst it!

Comment

Look what arrived today

Individually packed. C spanners and allen key included. Some generic HSD stickers.

They look great. Build quality is top notch. Front 12k and rears are 7k

My impressions of the items are high, they weigh 10-15 kgs each which i believe is a good indication of their quality.

Im going to install them after the exam period, and of course will give a full review after a track day this november.

Comment

Cleann as car man! i was the yellow dc2r infront of ya on the way back lol :P shame didnt get to meet you at the bbq oh well theres always next time

Comment

Nice meeting you too Louis! Car looked good!
                    ClubITR | Like

Comment

Love the black on black theme, very clean indeed, think I may have seen this car somewhere though hmmm :P

Comment

Wow it's been a while since this thread saw some activity. Time to update the CLUBITRSPHERE i guess...

Well where was i?, car was dented by strata shithead, coilovers arrived, promised not to modify the engine...

Today? The car has had a considerable power increase, it's to-do-list has grown, track days have increased, and all the while parts are slowly becoming a mountain in the corner of bedroom.

So, power, the most one dimensional aspect of a car's performance ... yet the most exciting and common.

After my friends DC2R was victimised by theft, he sold the car, defeated by the work it would need to restore it. How's that relevant to my engine performance? He was determined to see the parts he collected for the car put to good use: quality parts for ITR999 at bargain mates rates.

His hard work: J'racing 60RS cat-back system and headers, 200 cell sports cat, Hondata s300, 2003 Porsche Carrera monoblock calipers, Buddyclub extended ball-joints, Skunk2 adjustable camber arms, Hasport motor mounts 62a (street).

Porsche vs Kinetic energy: Tired and old, but brimming with potential.

Although it wasn't the most methodical approach i wanted for the mod path of ITR999, it was undeniably a great opportunity.

First installed was the motor mounts. First start up was great! Nothing better than having a tangible result from modifications, and what's crazier than having your car rattle like bloody maracas on idle? So i was enjoying the traffic light back massages, and chuffed with knowing planned power increases were going to black topped efficiently. Plus the old motor mounts we're completely shot, explaining the ferocious wheel hopping on hard gear shifts, the new mounts caused nothing but a chirp from the 205/45 RSR's on hard launches.

Old and crap

New and schmick

Lower ride height, worn mounts and spirited driving really took it's toll on the crappy mild steel exhaust system previously installed my car. It eventuated to the B-pipe ripping from the muffler canister, causing a horrible rattle at 2750rpm, insanity was around the corner.

Mild steel - stay away from it!

Stainless steel - always a good option

The J's Racing exhaust system, 200 cell cat and Blox test pipe were taken to Westside Mufflers to be installed. They charged me $500 for fabrication of flexi-pipe and welding in of cat converter, but i would of paid any amount to eliminate that terrible rattle, so i drove away a happy boy. Thoughts? My butt-dyno was very impressed. VTEC crossover was a lot more distinguished and aurally complimented by the 60RS, but drone was aplenty.

Dolphin tip

As good as the car sounded out the back, noise was lacking in the front. Dusting the spiderwebs off the s300 in my room also meant a louder calling for a CAI. A wanted-to-buy thread was created and who else but OG moderator FelixR offered his custom made CAI, thankfully making way for a Mugen box instead of a part-out before a car sale!

It was a easy-install besides the piece-of-shit intake restrictor box in front of the front right wheel. The result was awesome, relocating a 3" open filter practically next to the drivers window meant for a titanic VTEC scream, and intake dose around car parks. I was desperate to now see the car's full potential with a BYP tune!

Late night DIY...

So the night before last week's track day, i drove the Hondata s300 to Jimmy and Benny out in Wetherill Park. Car was put up on the dyno, and put down a respectable 123.6kW base run. The boys complimented that ITR999's B18C7 was a good one, i wasn't surprised considering my regular engine oil maintenance, mechanical sympathy for warming and cooling of the engine and history of the car (elaborate sound system and bling wheels meant it was a cruiser).

Of course something had to go wrong. When the Hondata was plugged in to the laptop software a red light showed on the ECU - meaning there was a error. The boys figured they would see what the cause was by swapping the module on to one of their circuit boards. And after doing so, we got a green light, proving the other circuit board as a dud (despite having a plug-in-play OBD converter ). Cost me a extra $400 for the circuit board and jumper harness, meaning saturday and sunday night this weekend were going to be at home.

Delicately punching in numbers, Jimmy advanced timing and straightened out AFR's to a health 13:1 in the top end, making ITR999 sing to the tune of 130.2kW!! I was stoked, mainly because this is a 1.8-Litre engine outptting 130kW at the wheels. Let's factor in drivetrain loss at 25% (guesstimate) and this means the little B-series after 103,000kms is putting out 160kW at the flywheel - as much, if not more than most hot hatches!

Tuning in!

Rocker cover at 103,000kms timing belt change

How did the added herbs help at Wakefield Park? VTEC was brought down to 4700rpm, meaning getting uphill after turn one was a tad easier with the improved mid-range. The power was most noticeable on the straight, ITR999 easily cracked 170km/h before the kink. The car also attracted compliments about it's aural antics, i could see the test driver for a bunch of Telsa Roadsters (electric sportscars) on the pit wall cherishing the sound of a combustion engine - poor bugger knows its extinction is not too far off.

A nifty little addition from the tune was the transmission light coming on at 8500rpm to warn the driver to shift.

So what's next for the performance of ITR999?

- Mfactory racing axles (CV joint is worn on passenger side, do it once, do it right!)
                        - Install front suspension bushings, castor kit, cambering arms and ball joints
                        - Rebuild Porsche Brembos
                        - Powdercoat 17x8.5 and 7.5" wide CE28N's
                        - Rear suspension overhaul with bushings, LCA's, PCI spherical bearings and cambering arms
                        - 245/40 and 225/45 high grip rubber
                        - Acquire 300mm two-piece rotors
                        - Install everything!!
                        Last edited by cordz; 29-07-12, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Awesome update Louis!

Has the header changed colour yet?
                          ClubITR | Like

Comment

PCI spherical bearings

Comment

Working...
                            X