Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New baby

Gday gday,

A while back (year or so) i made a intro on the basis that i THOUGHT i was going to purchase a DC2. Frequent user and long time friend DC2R8D bought a black dc2r back near 2008, and thoughout the many cruises and late night trips, i fell in love with its redline, the titanic noise it made when the tiny 1.8 started to pump ridiculous amount of air through itself, the driving position lower than your bed and the shape offered by its two door coupe demeanor. I was set to buy one. But life got in the way, with lectures of what car i shouldn't be owning, so i waited patiently.

Its been a few years, and recently me and DC2R8D gave his car a major service, replacing all fluids with a bit of elbow grease and forum DIY.

I fell in love with it again

I orignally was waiting to get myself into a GDB sti, being a suby man, but the money would have to be too far stretched to catch a decent one. I decided it will be the next baby.

So having the financial backing and enthusiasm for a new car, i jumped on a mint year 2000, black, 92,XXXkm DC2R last monday. What can i say, the grin from ear to ear was worth every single penny when i first took 3rd gear at full pelt.

Although, The car needs a bit of work. It came with a ridiculous sound system with a weight penalty i just couldn't stomach, ripped the bitch out. It has quite a ordinary aftermarket exhaust system which just needs to go, and 17 inch cheapies which should be replaced with JDM goodness.

Although i must admit she looks great on such cheapies, and the exhaust did not fail to please my aural senses from 5000-8500rpm in the tunnels of sydney.

I love her, and can see many years of happy motoring with her, that is of course after my 6 month lesson.

I lost my license before a week (idiot!) and she is sitting beautifully in my driveway now . But its the lesson i have to learn, the privilege i have to cater, and when i catch my license again, use her properly at somewhere like Eastern Creek of WF park.

Anyways i'm a friendly guy, i love cars ( especially japanese ones ) and i am willing to learn.

Hope to see you round the forum

Louis

btw she is number 356

Here is the picture (had another but you can see she is dirty):

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by cordz; 29-05-11, 11:54 PM.
    Honda Nationals, September 9-10, get amongst it!

I wanted to weigh the wheels on the basis that my first modification will be going for the aesthetic and performance benefit of lighter 16's.

So i weighed the 17 inch wheel + tire last night and together came in at 16.1 kgs. Quite lighter than i expected?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I was thinking either upgrading to 16x7 Buddyclub P1 Qf's, CE28n's or SSR type C's all of which come in at around 5-5.4kgs according to wheelweights.net

i also weighed the original 15x6's with dunlop le mans 195/55's on and they weighed 13.1kg's!! so goddamn light.

If i could beat 13.1 with a 16x7 package i will be stoked, but doubt ill find a tire coming in at 8 kgs for a tire sized at 215/45
    Last edited by cordz; 29-05-11, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Nice, how much did you pick it up for?

You can't go wrong with CE28n's or SSR type C's or Stockies.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by justinfox
      You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

What a shit box... Jooookes, bout time u made an appearance on here louis!

Comment

Cool story!

Congrats on the purchase. Best car ever.
          ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
            Cool story!

best COLOUR ever!
            lol

Comment

Nice intro! 6month suspension might be gay cos u cant legally drive it. Try and take the advantages of this. 6 months of restorig thecar, ie lots of clay bar, polish and wax. . If ur a studet, do this two times a week!

Also 6 months allows u too research, look, research, research, look, more research about ur car and parts.
              Integra Type R
              Integra Type S
              S2000

Comment

Originally posted by DC2R View Post
                Nice, how much did you pick it up for?

You can't go wrong with CE28n's or SSR type C's or Stockies.
                Picked her up for $ 16 XXX, he was asking 18 XXX originally. I called him when he dropped the price to $17,500.

AS for the wheels man, i ended up with some enkei's!! couldn't afford the money for big dollar forged babies decided the tires will be more important

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                Cool story!

Thanks felix man, the car puts a clear smile on the dial. Truly one of the best drivers cars ever.

Originally posted by DC2R8D View Post
                What a shit box... Jooookes, bout time u made an appearance on here louis!

Originally posted by markR View Post
                best COLOUR ever!
                lol
                IMO it is the best colour. Blends the rather quirky shape of the DC2 from rear angles, hides the panel lines and adds a touch of class to something that has a ride that can be described far from that word.

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                Nice intro! 6month suspension might be gay cos u cant legally drive it. Try and take the advantages of this. 6 months of restorig thecar, ie lots of clay bar, polish and wax. . If ur a studet, do this two times a week!

Also 6 months allows u too research, look, research, research, look, more research about ur car and parts.
                Yes!! so true Plaything. Been washing her, started the clay barring, and slowly making lee way on parts. More parts because there is less bills for fuel and insurance!

Comment

Wheels have been powdercoated waiting for my federals!

Comment

Originally posted by cordz View Post
                    Wheels have been powdercoated waiting for my federals!

where and how much did you get ur wheels powdercoated?

Comment

Originally posted by DvS- View Post
                      Id like to know too

Comment

nice intro dude.! nice R also

Comment

Nice car mate. Congrats! Makes me sadly miss my car! =( Awesome cars, def won't be dissapointed! =)

Comment

Originally posted by DvS- View Post
                            Originally posted by Pizzo321 View Post
                            Id like to know too
                            Got them done down at North shore powder coating Artarmon, Sydney, they do the powder-coat for 60 dollars a wheel. Although they get the sandblasting done externally in forestville and it set me back 50 dollars a wheel (440 total) and i didn't get a reciept best bet boys is get the sandblasting done yourself or find a shop who has it in-house so you get a total price from the start. Plus it means you don't have to wait on someone else to run in-between shops.

They were not too bad, but next time i will be trying a different place just for comparison, finish wasn't as "smooth" as i wanted nor was there much degree of professionalism.

Originally posted by ahmiie View Post
                            nice intro dude.! nice R also
                            back at ya man!

Originally posted by TIGG3R View Post
                            Nice car mate. Congrats! Makes me sadly miss my car! =( Awesome cars, def won't be dissapointed! =)
                            thanks!

Another pic of my baby with new black and gold plates (sorry bout the seat covers)

Comment

changed the fluid with penrite sin 4, pads with super fighters and put the new wheels and tires on! here is some nice piccies in late arvo sydney, beautiful weather today finally: (REQUEST, can i get the title changed to "Cordz's DC2R blog" ?)

she makes me happy in so many ways

Comment

Working...
                              X