No announcement yet.

Had my Recaro's Stolen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea good point, but how much would it cost to get it engineered and QLD transport to look over it, and wouldn't i have to lower the price slightly when i choose to sell the car as it would come up as a write off on REVS?

Comment

It's like a couple hundred dollars to get it looked over by the engineer and QLD Transport.

But as the car has no structural damage, you might be able to get away with just getting QLD Transport to look over it.

I'll talk to my younger brother tonight and see what he had to do with him car, but I think I remember him saying something about they actually take it off REVS if it is checked out by an engineer.

Unless that car you are looking at has K-Pro (Which can be a $2-3k expense – Including tuning), and a few other suspension mods, I wouldn’t bother.

You can
      - Buy your car back for $8k
      - Decent Recaro’s for no more then $1.5k
      Then you still have how ever much left for mods (If you choose to do that).

Comment

Yea i've been quoted for recaro seats $3200 including shipping, think i can get the floor mats for $300, just need to find out how much the window will cost and the labour and the towing expenses. Guess the main thing holding me back from buying the car back is if it shows up on REVS if it doenst i'd probably just keep the car fix it up and like you said spend the rest of money on mods

Comment

It would be worth the work involved in fixing up this car.

New window shouldn't be more than $500 for oem, you could always get an oem from a wrecker too.

Fark get the whole door. Bolt it on urself.
          /Oo ___H___ oO\
          |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

So you guys think i could get the car fixed up for around 5k? means i have like 6k left over for mods

Comment

Item 30

Item 18

I also have a set of Type S floor mats I could sell you for like $50 (Front and rear)

That was just a quick look on OzHonda. If you have a look on a few other forums, or just get what you need, you'll be able to find exactly what you are after.

Comment

Thanks man i just need to ring insurance and do some research on the REVS part of things, only prob is my car is blue so would have want to get either blue or black seats

Comment

I'll have a chat to my brother tonight and see if I can get some phone numbers for you to call to find out if it'll be posted on REVS etc.

If you want Blue or Black ones, just buy some cheap SR3 or SR4 for 800, put them in, and then just keep an eye out for Blue or Black SR4's and then buy them when they come up. While you have the cheap ones in, just use some seat covers.

Comment

Thanks man

Comment

Ok

Just spoke to my brother
                      - It on the written off list forever
                      - You buys it back it will be unregistered
                      - You'll then have to repair it and take it to the write off centre place and get them to look at it
                      - They will then write that it is REPAIRED (although it will still be on the write off register)
                      - At that point you can go and re register it

The write off check thing costs like $500 or something

My brothers insident was a little more serious (Involved a MX5, wet roads, shit tyres and a cliff face), so his car needed to be looked over by an engineer.

Hope this helps.

Comment

thanks, you guys have any ideas where i can get the seat belt latch thing? as they were taken with the seats

Comment

Order the seat belt latches new from Honda.

They will be expensive, but i would definitely get those parts brand new.

Keep looking around for Recaro's, I'd just order the brand new ones from the uk and call it a day if i were you.

Any used ones would be at least 7 years old nowadays, and very few people sell good condition seats.
                          /Oo ___H___ oO\
                          |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

yea i was gonna get new recaro's

Comment

sorry to hijack thread, friend also had his Recaros stolen about a week ago from his DC2R in S/E melbourne area ~

at least his got a replacement.....

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/1...1677701982.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by fuujee View Post
                                sorry to hijack thread, friend also had his Recaros stolen about a week ago from his DC2R in S/E melbourne area ~

at least his got a replacement.....

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/1...1677701982.jpg
                                hahahahaha

Comment

Working...
                                X