Had my Recaro's Stolen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That sucks.
    I can't believe the price for new Recaros,thats mental!
    I would try source some on the secondhand market and leave the insurance alone,even if you pay the excess you will have the claim on your policy for some time.
    And someone claims to know the people responsible,surprised they are still walking around tbh.
    Hope you get it sorted soon.

Comment

Originally posted by yellows2k View Post
      yeh, get the chq, look to buy a different car, ask to buy the "wreck" and source some brides or some other bling seats and profit.
      ^yeah do this, let em right it off, but make sure they'll give you first dibs at buying it back, get some brides or mugen seats or whatever and away you go, there is a few downsides to this like maybe not being able to comp insure the car again but check it out
      02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Originally posted by UN11KK View Post
        covered for 33k and ur paying 2.5k what a rip off, im only on my green p's im covered for 32.5 atm including all mods im only paying 1.3k =)
        2 license suspensions.

Comment

call recaro they would be cheap then honda. hope you find the guys.

ill keep a look out if there ends up being any for sale on the net and im sure other people will to.

and my cars only insured for fkn 16.7k with aami they wouldn't go any more then that, there cheap but shit lol so if that happen to me my car would be a written off for sure

Comment

If you write the car off and buy it back and slap seats in it, you'll lose a little value on the car because the car will be on REVS. So give or take a bit. I would have thought Insurance Co's were allowed to use exchange parts for cars older than 3yo provided the part is suitable?
            Wakefield: EG B18CR - R888 - 1.09.9
            Eastern Creek: DC5R - RE001/ER300 - 2.00.8
            Winton: DC5R - RE001 - 1.45.9

Comment

The insurance company is probably gonna come down on monday to have a look at the car, and i'll see what happens from their, see i don't mind them putting some other recaro's in if it means the car isnt written off, just really don't want to deal with the hassle that might come from me buying it back

Comment

Whats the car insured for?

Usually if the cost of repairing the car + salvage cost > insured value then the insurance company will most likely write it off.

I would expect pickles or alike will pay decent money for the car with only stolen seats (8-12k)

Goodluck with it.
                BYP Racing & Developments
                Built. Tuned. Driven
                Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Let us know how you go with the insurance mob

Comment

insurance said its gonna cost 14k

Comment

BULLSHIT.
                      Car written off or not?

Btw... If people don't know why Recaro's are so expensive, it's because they are Cam's approved compared to Bride's... So they are street legal compared to other bucketseats... Hence the large price

Comment

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
                        If people don't know why Recaro's are so expensive, it's because they are Cam's approved compared to Bride's... So they are street legal compared to other bucketseats... Hence the large price
                        where on earth do you get your 'info' from?
                        Last edited by tinkerbell; 08-11-10, 04:40 PM.
                        ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                          where on earth do you get your 'info' from?
                          That's actually a true statement though... In Australia, Recaro's are Cam'd approve which means they can be sold into street cars and not run the risk of a defect while Bride's can't be run in street car.. doing so will earn you a defect.

Bride's are much better though IMO and i do prefer them to Recaro's but i really can't be bothered running the risk of getting a defect over a bloody seat.

Also, had a quick look on google...
                          Found this on HondaTech... good read

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2515624

It's old but a good read still
                          Last edited by MYDC5R; 08-11-10, 04:46 PM.

Comment

They aren't CAM's approved... they are ADR approved.

Big difference.

OT: Not suprised with your quote. That dude on Boostcruising with the DC2R was quoted 11k when his were stolen.

You've said your car is covered for 30k... as the price of the "damage" isn't 80% of the value of the car you'll be sweet.

Pay the 900 excess and you'll get new seats and window.

BAM!
                            Last edited by 45SET; 08-11-10, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
                              They aren't CAM's approved... they are ADR approved.

Big difference.
                              100% sure on that?? Can you show me something to back that?? (Not being a smart ass, actually being serious )

Comment

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
                                100% sure on that?? Can you show me something to back that?? (Not being a smart ass, actually being serious )
                                well, why don't YOU show US where you got YOUR info from?

fyi - CAMS is the "Confederation of Australian Motorsport"

they have NOTHING to do with approving things for road cars...

but THESE guys here do:

http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roa...ign/index.aspx
                                ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                                X