Had my Recaro's Stolen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sujmano View Post
    Insurance guy came down and said that most likely the car will be written off, and that they had another type r's seats stolen as well. He said he'd talk to his supervsior to see if its possible if i could get the seats somewhere else and get a quote. Anyone know any place in bris that sells or could order in recaro's or even brides, because the price they've been quoted at for the seats is 14k.
    JDM concept has new Bride digo R, check with them.. Shouldn't cost u more than 3k for both side with rails.. Thats what I did with mine

Comment

Originally posted by sujmano View Post
      Insurance guy came down and said that most likely the car will be written off, and that they had another type r's seats stolen as well. He said he'd talk to his supervsior to see if its possible if i could get the seats somewhere else and get a quote. Anyone know any place in bris that sells or could order in recaro's or even brides, because the price they've been quoted at for the seats is 14k.
      I haven't checked in a while, but I know TJM (4WD parts) at Geebung are a stockest of Recaro seats.

Comment

yea i've been emailing this company called ideal seat and the lady told me she would be able to ship it to me for $3200 including the rails, because theirs 3 month weight on blue recaros as they have to come from Germany so she said she'd put a blue insert in the middle for an extra $100 per seat. I rang up honda parts and their out of the dc5 type r floor mats but i have found some online.

Comment

Originally posted by visconti View Post
          JDM concept has new Bride digo R, check with them.. Shouldn't cost u more than 3k for both side with rails.. Thats what I did with mine
          Will i get defected if i have brides in qld? or it ok if i get a mod plate?

Comment

you would need to ask QLD TMR:

http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/Safety/Veh...fications.aspx
            ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
              Of course there going to charge a a s*hitload for a ADR Complied Racing Bucket Seat which it is... Why wouldn't you??

Get a price for any Honda seat and you'll find this statement to only be partially true. Honda mark up is the worst I have seen. And I spent six years working with German brands. It has very little to do with the Recaro and more to do with Honda mark up across all areas of their parts.

Comment

I do recall asking honda along time ago they sell the recaros seat in different bits by the time you add everything today the price is off the roof.
                ek9-->ED civic--> eg--> S2K-->JDM DC2R-->EP3

Comment

wonder what the Recaro's are worth in the RS4

Comment

Originally posted by spyda00 View Post
                    wonder what the Recaro's are worth in the RS4
                    http://www.recaro.com/jp_en/product-...equipment.html

or the Ferrari 599 GTB
                    ... retired/

Comment

Found out last Friday from my insurance company that they wanted to write off the car and that pickles offered them 8k for the car without seats and that they would only pay me out 14k (the cars under my dad's name and he had it at market value not fixed) so i spent $170 on independent evaluating and they figure they gave me was $7750 more, so the $170 was definitely worth it

Comment

So you buying the car back or just selling it?

Comment

um they offered on friday to sell it back to me for 8k i think but the car would be still be classed as a written off they said, so im leaning towards showing them the independent evaluators valuation of the car and getting the payout, and have kinda eyed this dc5 on sale atm, if i do go ahead with it the first thing im gonna do is install a decent security system so something like this doesn't happen again

Comment

It would be classes as a stat write off... so you would have to get an engineer and QLD Transport to make sure everything is ok with the car, then it'll be cleared.

As it's only seats, they'll basically make sure the seats are ADR approved, and fill out the form, and you'll be on your way.

But if you can get a better DC5 with the money, go nuts.

Hopefully the PoPo keep an eye on who buys the car, as more then likely it'll be the person that stole the seats... or someone related to that person.

Comment

yea im still figuring out what i want to do, as my car has around 73km on the clock, this car on sale atm for 18k ish has quite a few more km's on the clock at 128km but comes with a Toda exhaust, Tein coilovers, Mugen extractors, sway bar and a few other things, so kinda unsure.

Comment

buy the car back for $8k, get some new recaro seats out of another car.

Ralli art evo or something. Register it, and spend the extra cash on mods.

It's only seats that have been stolen at the end of the day
                                /Oo ___H___ oO\
                                |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

Working...
                                X