No announcement yet.

Had my Recaro's Stolen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

btw - part of my responsibility as a moderator here is to prevent the spread of incorrect information... which is why i have pulled you up on your 'loose' comments...
    ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
      100% sure on that?? Can you show me something to back that?? (Not being a smart ass, actually being serious )
      CAMS is basically the motorsports body within Australia, and are affiliated with FIA... like FFA (Football Federation of Australia) is affiliated with FIFA.

Official CAMS website

CAMS has nothing do with with "Road going" vehicles.

ADR are the governing body that look after vehicles that are used on public roads.

As the DC2R and DC5R were released for road use, the Recaro seats fitted to them have to pass ADR's, not CAMS.

Bride seats are not an ADR approved seat.

Also just read the thread you posted up. It's from an American forum, and notes no where that the Recaro's are CAMS approved, so they can be used for road use.
      Last edited by 45SET; 08-11-10, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Tinkerbell, all good mate, i understand that and that's a fair call as if i moderated this forum, i'd do the same.

Thank you 45Set, was just about to post something.

Recaros meet ADR standards but i don't know if you know, but Recaro is recognised World Wide because it's used in most sport vehicles now & previously BECAUSE it meets the standards required to be in a road registered car regardless of which country it may be in.

Eg, GTR, Focus XR5T, Integra Type R list goes ON & ON.

Bride's are not used in mass production for vehicles but they DO meet FIA standards which some would considering more strict then ADR.

Heres a link
        http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/arc...p/t-41226.html

Just keep in mind, when you change your seat over and rails, generally you will need a Engineer to sign them off and clear them as ADR for you.

Search ANY where on google and look at any forum and you will find CONSTANTLY everyone saying that Bride seats are not ADR approved and to have them legally in your car, they must be ADR approved by an engineer.
        Last edited by MYDC5R; 08-11-10, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Tinkerbell, all good mate, i understand that and that's a fair call as if i moderated this forum, i'd do the same.

Thank you 45Set, was just about to post something.

Recaros meet ADR standards but i don't know if you know, but Recaro is recognised World Wide because it's used in most sport vehicles now & previously.

Eg, GTR, Focus XR5T, Integra Type R list goes ON & ON.

Bride's are not used in mass production for vehicles but they DO meet FIA standards which some would considering more strict then ADR.

Heres a link
          http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/arc...p/t-41226.html

Just keep in mind, when you change your seat over and rails, generally you will need a Engineer to sign them off and clear them as ADR for you.

Search ANY where on google and look at any forum and you will find CONSTANTLY everyone saying that Bride seats are not ADR approved and to have them legally in your car, they must be ADR approved by an engineer.
          I'm kinda confused about what you are argueing about...

Originally you said Recaro seats are so expensive because they are CAMS approved. CAMS being the governing body of motorsport in Australia. They have nothing to do with vehicles used for public use, as the DC5R was originally intended.

Tink and I corrected you stating they are ADR approved... they may very well be CAMS approved also (I'm not sure), but the reason they would be so expensive is because they are ADR approved, meaning that they have been passed to be used on Australian roads.

Now you are talking about Recaro's being recognised the world over, and that if someone wants to change there seats or rails they need to get an engineers certificate, like I've never heard of Recaro or I didn't know what CAMS, ADR, FIA and an engineers certificate is.

ALSO... an engineer doesn't sign something off as ADR approved. The Australian Government say if something is ADR approved, through testing the item to see if it is up to standard. The engineer signs off that everything has been installed correctly, and that all the parts are ADR approved.
          Last edited by 45SET; 08-11-10, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
            I'm kinda confused about what you are argueing about...

Originally you said Recaro seats are so expensive because they are CAMS approved. CAMS being the governing body of motorsport in Australia. They have nothing to do with vehicles used for public use, as the DC5R was originally intended.

Tink and I corrected you stating they are ADR approved... they may very well be CAMS approved also (I'm not sure), but the reason they would be so expensive is because they are ADR approved, meaning that they have been passed to be used on Australian roads.

Now you are talking about Recaro's being recognised the world over, and that if someone wants to change there seats or rails they need to get an engineers certificate, like I've never heard of Recaro or I didn't know what CAMS, ADR, FIA and an engineers certificate is.

ALSO... an engineer doesn't sign something off as ADR approved. The Australian Government say if something is ADR approved, through testing the item to see if it is up to standard. The engineer signs off that everything has been installed correctly, and that all the parts are ADR approved.
            100% correct. You have corrected me on that as i just remembered something about a part regarding turbos. (Not related to this discussion but i just remember reading this on NS... Something that's ADR needs to be approved by an Engineer.)
            Correct there.

Recaros are CAMS approved, read it somewhere but can't remember where but aswell as the fact i've heard from alot of people.

They are so expensive because they are ADR which is true but they are CAMS approved, i will personally send an email to CAMS obtaining verification on this.

My first post was a mistake and i should of stated that they are ADR hence the price which i do apologise for but i know they are CAMS approved also just can't exactly remember where i've read it as i said before.

My point in this whole argument was that Recaro's won't earn you a defect while Bride's will if your running them without them being ADR/Engineered to your car hence why Recaro's so $$
            Last edited by MYDC5R; 08-11-10, 06:33 PM.

Comment

ok sweet... I thought you had just mixed up ADR and CAMS.

As I said I'm not 100% sure if the SR4 is CAMS approved (I'm sure it is), but from all reports I've heard, CAMS don't check over the car with a fine tooth comb unless you are actually competing in a competition. Except for your helmet which must meet AUS/NZ standards.

Comment

but they are CAMS approved, i will personally send an email to CAMS obtaining verification on this.
                i look forwards to seeing your post

or your post saying "cams doesn't approve items, CAMS decides which standards that competitors and their vehicles in specific events must meet"

i dunno how much competitive motorsport you have been involved in, but i have been supersprinting, motorkhanaing and hillclimbing since 2003, so i kinda *know* about CAMS and the rules...

here might be an interesting resource for you:

http://www.camsmanual.com.au/

for a basic example, for 3J production Car races, the CAMS rules state:

13.5 Seats: The driver’s seat may be replaced with one in compliance with Schedule C (refer “General
                Requirements for Cars and Drivers”). Original seat mountings not part of the bodyshell may be replaced and/
                or other mountings added provided that they extend no further than 50mm from the plan view of the seat. All
                other seats, and associated seat belts are free.
                http://www.camsmanual.com.au/pdf/02_...up_3J_Q410.pdf

then you goto Schedule C, which states:

7. only with such replacement seat which in closed cars first registered with CAMS after 1 January 1980, and in
                which the relevant regulations permit the replacement of the driver’s seat:
                • incorporates a head restraint;
                • does not incorporate adjustment of the rake of the squab;
                so CAMS obviously doesn't have a LIST of approved seats, or go through ANY processes to decide which particular brands of seats are "approved"...

CAMS ONLY stipulates the characteristics of things like seats, roll cages, fire-extinguishers, stickers, (except seatbelts and helmets - which CAMS DOES have lists of...).

so lets try to keep your comments to what is fact, rather than stuff you
                Originally posted by MYDC5R
                read it somewhere but can't remember where

for some undeniable truth, type "cams approved" (in inverted commas) into google and see what you get...

it doesn't get more simple than google...
                Last edited by tinkerbell; 08-11-10, 08:36 PM.
                ... retired/

Comment

My point in this whole argument was that Recaro's won't earn you a defect while Bride's will if your running them without them being ADR/Engineered to your car hence why Recaro's so $$
                  still wrong, the reason they are so expensive from Honda is that Honda charges a metric FUCKLOAD for them! just to make them more exclusive...

imagine if you could just buy recaros and whack them into your GSi? who would pay for a Type R then?
                  ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                    still wrong, the reason they are so expensive from Honda is that Honda charges a metric FUCKLOAD for them! just to make them more exclusive...

imagine if you could just buy recaros and whack them into your GSi? who would pay for a Type R then?
                    Of course there going to charge a a s*hitload for a ADR Complied Racing Bucket Seat which it is... Why wouldn't you??
                    Even if you buy them DIRECTLY from Recaro which you can, your still looking between $3000-$4000 so there is only roughly... $1000-$2000 in difference...
                    At least you won't need to worry about a defect with Recaro's compared to Bride seats (Im not a hater of the seats, i actually love them, just stating a simple basic fact)

Recaro = ADR
                    Bride = Not ADR = Defect in a road registered vehicle and i BELIEVE in nsw (RTA)

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...t=Bride+recaro

Hell it's not bloody worth a 3 point fine and $245...

Will be speaking to VicRoads wednesday as im off to pick up my license so i'll ask them in person if there is similar penalties to what there is in NSW, most likely will be as Victoria is a pussy state and follows all NSW stupid laws.

Comment

Even if you buy them DIRECTLY from Recaro which you can, your still looking between $3000-$4000 so there is only roughly... $1000-$2000 in difference...
                      so ANY recaro is ADR approved, or just the ones in the DC2R/DC5R?

and btw - the whole point of me pulling you up was about your incorrect "CAMS approval" comment, not about defectability of a seat, OK?
                      ... retired/

Comment

Insurance guy came down and said that most likely the car will be written off, and that they had another type r's seats stolen as well. He said he'd talk to his supervsior to see if its possible if i could get the seats somewhere else and get a quote. Anyone know any place in bris that sells or could order in recaro's or even brides, because the price they've been quoted at for the seats is 14k.

Comment

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...pdated-24-06**

I dunno what colour you need, but they have blue ones

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                            so ANY recaro is ADR approved, or just the ones in the DC2R/DC5R?

and btw - the whole point of me pulling you up was about your incorrect "CAMS approval" comment, not about defectability of a seat, OK?
                            I understand that and i will prove my point when i get a email back from CAMS once i get a chance and send them an email tonight after work

I'll also be sending an email to Recaro aswell to get confirmation on there products

Comment

My recollection of the CAMS laws were that they don't test seats and certify them due to the expense. They base their judgement on FIA certification.

Comment

I understand that and i will prove my point when i get a email back from CAMS once i get a chance and send them an email tonight after work

I'll also be sending an email to Recaro aswell to get confirmation on there products
                                here are the contact details:

info@cams.com.au

http://www.recaro.com/jp_en/contact.html
                                ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                                X