Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jingers View Post
    its really a "credit" card.

It is possible for you to even sign something then contest that its not your own signature. It just depends on how LOW you really are.
    it has been done before... you won't beleive how stingy some people are with there money... to the point of them wanting us to figure out how much interest thy should have earn't on there account cause the bank took fee's out (there fualt in the first place).... let me remind you the interest rate is 0.01%.

Comment

ok well now it has displayed the place of purchase... and it is at: able hire in sutherland (sydney)... which is rediculous because theres nothing there i need to hire.. i work as a part time manager of a pub, and go to uni...

tomorrow i guess i'll pay a visit to the bank.

its bizarre though, because without the actual card, they need to know that 3 digit number on the back of it (i tested it out on the credit/eftpos machine at work tonight), aswell as expiry date etc... if its done manually without the card...

damn this is annoying!

Comment

by the way, thanks heaps for all your help guys!

Comment

Originally posted by syk View Post
          ok well now it has displayed the place of purchase... and it is at: able hire in sutherland (sydney)... which is rediculous because theres nothing there i need to hire.. i work as a part time manager of a pub, and go to uni...

tomorrow i guess i'll pay a visit to the bank.

its bizarre though, because without the actual card, they need to know that 3 digit number on the back of it (i tested it out on the credit/eftpos machine at work tonight), aswell as expiry date etc... if its done manually without the card...

damn this is annoying!
          nah i can charge your credit card with just number and expiry date alone. No cvc required. when it asks for checks u can just bypass it i believe. either that or i got special machine ... hmmmmmm

Comment

i have online credit card facilities for my online shop, it needs to have the ccv number as well before the transaction will go thru.

maybe somone has a quick look at your card and note down the ccv number as well

JDM Concept Pty Ltd (ABN 43 120 929 713)

Westpac Bank of Australia
            A/C Name: JDM Concept
            A/C BSB: 032157
            A/C NO: 199691

sales[at]jdmconcept.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by syk View Post
              sounded like a security deposit,

they take a card imprint, but it should NEVER be charged to your account unless you dont return what you hire...

who else has access to your wallet/card?
              ... retired/

Comment

thats the thing... no one has access to my card/wallet apart from me.
                and when i first noticed this, the card was still in my wallet, so how this has happened i dont know?
                i rang national bank about it today, and they are going to 'challenge the transaction' or something along those lines, and they said it can take up to 45days. i dont think i've ever stepped foot inside an able hire place let alone hired something...
                ahwell, hopefully it'll all be sorted!
                thanks again

Comment

it could be just be a randomly generated credit card ....... maybe ........

Comment

any of your family members has access to your card? maybe they used your card and you had forgotten about it.

i have a card that is link with my missus (ie suplement card). somtimes i have weird transaction that i dont recall buying but turns out my missus is buying somthing and charging on the suplement card

thats another possibility that i can think of

JDM Concept Pty Ltd (ABN 43 120 929 713)

Westpac Bank of Australia
                    A/C Name: JDM Concept
                    A/C BSB: 032157
                    A/C NO: 199691

sales[at]jdmconcept.com.au

Comment

nah i can charge your credit card with just number and expiry date alone. No cvc required. when it asks for checks u can just bypass it i believe. either that or i got special machine ... hmmmmmm
                      the machine at my work, doesn't ask for it either. we had someone screw us once and cos we didn't have their signiture we couldn't do anything. we now just write the security number (what does cvc stand for anyways?) on the docket and apparantly that is enough to prevent that happening to us in the future. provided its the right number tho.

Comment

really? bank directly asked for signature with our case, i better check that thing up in regards to the cvc number. I think what they do once u provide signature is then send that signature back to owner and ask them is this your signature.

Owner can obiviousl say yes im an idiot i forgot about this transaction, or no im going to screw them

Comment

nah there are no other card holders with this...
                          i rang national the other day and they are going to look into it for me etc. so hopefully it all works out!

Comment

really? bank directly asked for signature with our case, i better check that thing up in regards to the cvc number.
                            supposedly, haven't had anything go wrong since so haven't tested it.
                            i guess with that becuase you can't get it without actaully having the card infront of you, so the owner of the card would of giving it to us. if the card is stolen obviously the cvc wouldn't prevent anything cos the thieves will have the number.

Comment

really? bank directly asked for signature with our case, i better check that thing up in regards to the cvc number. I think what they do once u provide signature is then send that signature back to owner and ask them is this your signature.

Owner can obiviousl say yes im an idiot i forgot about this transaction, or no im going to screw them
                              the credit card company will also check their own records for the persons signature, not just rely solely on the customer and their confirmation of the signature.

They usually want a signature to prove that the card was there when the transaction was made, rather than someone entering the card number into the terminal. I know that with the commonwealth bank merchant accounts, they will only take a signature (not a CVN). If you want to be pedantic, you could take card imprints, but customers hate this (someone else having all of their credit card details).
                              T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

Working...
                              X