This is what i figured out on the Honda forums around the world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is what i figured out on the Honda forums around the world

People want the best quality parts but want to pay minimal currency to obtain it.

Does not work like this.

That is all
    Blaze Orange

You might find this isn't restricted to Honda or even just car mods... but everything?

Comment

Originally posted by Time View Post
      You might find this isn't restricted to Honda or even just car mods... but everything?
      What he said

Quote:
      Originally Posted by justinfox
      You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

more common on the honda forums because i see it everyday.

Ppl want Mugen, Toda parts

but offer you insane prices WHEN they know how much it is in real life
        Blaze Orange

Comment

Originally posted by Time View Post
          What she said.

Comment

Totally agree!

I have been a member of a few other car forums (Euro cars) and I have never seen such low ballering until i joined OzHonda... oh wait... there is Boostcruising.

I thought it was hilarious when someone offered a guy $400 for a full send of Enkie RP01 (17x8 +35 and 17x9 +38... so wanted them for my car) with tyres. The person was sellign them for like $800 or something. Even funnier when he said that he picked up a set exactly the same for $350 the week before.

I swear some people have no idea about quality.

Comment

lol why does he/she needs 2 sets within 2 weeks? i smell bull....

Comment

So what your trying to say is people are offloading their parts for way to much???

Seriously i dont get what your trying to get at??

Comment

Originally posted by Philip Lee View Post
                  lol why does he/she needs 2 sets within 2 weeks? i smell bull....
                  I asked him that exact question... then he never replied again.

OT: Philip Lee, Do you go to Griffith Uni at Nathan at all? I met a guy that owns a EP3R in my Corporate Finace class at the begining of the semester, and havn't seen him since... but there was a EP3R parked near my car when I left last night... had what looked like a Mugen front lip.

Comment

dont forget ozhonda sellers over inflate the price of second hand parts, hence lowballing is actually necessary to externally regulate the price market.

take for example, jdm 4-1 headers. ~ 10 to 15 yo part, rusted, second hand - what is essentially 4 tubes selling for $500. that is BS. u probably make 5kw atw with this... so thats 100 per kw. hardly BFYB.

alot of users also sell hoping to make zero loss on parts bought. i.e. some guy selling used power FC for $1300, when brande new was same if not a little more.
                    Last edited by SpecJ; 16-10-09, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SpecJ View Post
                      dont forget ozhonda sellers over inflate the price of second hand parts, hence lowballing is actually necessary to externally regulate the price market.

take for example, jdm 4-1 headers. ~ 10 to 15 yo part, rusted, second hand - what is essentially 4 tubes selling for $500. that is BS. u probably make 5kw atw with this... so thats 100 per kw. hardly BFYB.

alot of users also sell hoping to make zero loss on parts bought. i.e. some guy selling used power FC for $1300, when brande new was same if not a little more.
                      I like it when they justify the price with:

"Super rare parts"
                      "JDM parts"

And what not.

Comment

thats right 45SET, a fine example was the guy selling the super rare dc2r rear strut bar for $350 on Ozhonda. I believe he is on here as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
                          OT: Philip Lee, Do you go to Griffith Uni at Nathan at all? I met a guy that owns a EP3R in my Corporate Finace class at the begining of the semester, and havn't seen him since... but there was a EP3R parked near my car when I left last night... had what looked like a Mugen front lip.
                          nop thats not me but i hang around the sunnybank area. i saw your car around too hehe.

mine is a facelifted with bronze 18s and stock bodykit.

Comment

Originally posted by SpecJ View Post
                            thats right 45SET, a fine example was the guy selling the super rare dc2r rear strut bar for $350 on Ozhonda. I believe he is on here as well.
                            that was a good one and was on the "post a pic that made u lol" thread.

Comment

I hate it when they say,

"yeah but someother guy sold the exact "product" for $$$"

phags
                              Blaze Orange

Comment

Working...
                              X