No announcement yet.

New SLR User - Need Advice - What to buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry to crash a thread but i am a new SLR user as well. What lens should i be looking at if i want to take wide angle shots?

Comment

Originally posted by Phivrne View Post
      my friend got a Canon 40d for around 700ish with lenses, and these things are worth quite a bit.

canon 40D are fkn awesome, or 50D
      Thats cheap, I just sold a 40D on ebay with battery grip for $1225.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by justinfox
      You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by izy-20 View Post
        sorry to crash a thread but i am a new SLR user as well. What lens should i be looking at if i want to take wide angle shots?
        Depends on what camera it is.. Whether its a APS-C sized sensor body or full frame or other..

Quote:
        You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

Comment

Originally posted by DC2R View Post
          Depends on what camera it is.. Whether its a APS-C sized sensor body or full frame or other..
          Its a d60

Comment

The lower the focal length the wider the angle but what lenses do you already have? and how much would you like to spend?

But you probably don't need to go and buy a super super wide atm, Use photoshop cs4 autostich and stich might be good enough for your current level

Comment

Originally posted by izy-20 View Post
              Its a d60

Then for wide you'd want at least a 10 or 17mm on a D60 camera body.

Quote:

Comment

okay thanks for the advice. WHen i am looking for the new lens will keep this in mind. One more thing the way they calculate zoom is it max focal length ie 55mm / 35mm = 1.6x ??

Comment

get a tamron 11-18 f/4-5.6

Its got a good start on wide angle shotting..

Comment

Working...
                  X