This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slim View Post
    Negotiating by $2k is fine, and $5k isn't???
    what he said is more realistic, on a car priced at 29990 5k is a pretty serious discount and the dealer would probably only take it if they really wanted to get rid of it.

dont forget that dealers see the same sort of thing all the time with people trying to get a bargain (which we all want) but they will want to get more margin and will be happy to hold onto it.

if you want to get a really good price wait a bit untill they have had the car for a bit longer then go in and put your offer on the table.

Comment

Originally posted by freakygeek
      People making stupid lowball offers are scum in my book. If your price is reasonable and you have someone lowball you, tell them to stop wasting your time and f**k off. (politely)
      Couldn't have said better myself ... And I know a particular forum full of such impressive characters. Secret though, don't ask me.

Comment

not hard to guess

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
          what he said is more realistic, on a car priced at 29990 5k is a pretty serious discount and the dealer would probably only take it if they really wanted to get rid of it.
          I give up.

To the critics:
          Ask whatever you want when it comes time to sell, best of luck trying to get dealer dollars for your private sales too.

Dunno why some people take it so personally, if you don't like the offer, say no. Problem solved.
          Last edited by slim; 27-09-06, 06:07 PM. Reason: Coz i gimped up

Comment

On a tangent, would I be alone in finding it strange that a forum with -what I'm guessing has- a large Asian community is so against bargaining on a sale price?

Comment

and best of luck with your negotiating

and perhaps when you go to sell the car and someone lowballs you you'll no what everyone is talking about

Comment

It has nothing to do with being asian or not.

When you come to sell your car maybe you will understand when all the tyre kickers waste your time.

You asked for an opinion and you got it, but you didn't like our opinions and now you're crying....

Where's my river?
                happyhong says:
                aus only have 3 r
                happyhong says:
                civic R, integra R and jonnieR

Comment

Originally posted by fueltank View Post
                  It has nothing to do with being asian or not.

When you come to sell your car maybe you will understand when all the tyre kickers waste your time.

You asked for an opinion and you got it, but you didn't like our opinions and now you're crying....

Where's my river?
                  And there goes any chance of this all ending in a pleasant manner. Onya son

So anyway, I've said my bit, and i'm satisfied... I'll agree to disagree with everyone else. You, however, can sit and rotate.

Comment

why would it end in a pleasant manner when you bring race into it?

i'm not asian, but i thought that was a pretty stupid thing to say, whether its hurtful or not.

as fueltank said, you asked for peoples opinions, and you dont like them... leave it at that, dont try and justify against the majority because it will only get people offside (unless you actually have a good point).

Comment

I'm going to sell my DC2R for $50,000.

Comment

Originally posted by slim View Post
                        And there goes any chance of this all ending in a pleasant manner. Onya son

So anyway, I've said my bit, and i'm satisfied... I'll agree to disagree with everyone else. You, however, can sit and rotate.
                        I'm waiting for my river!
                        happyhong says:
                        aus only have 3 r
                        happyhong says:
                        civic R, integra R and jonnieR

Comment

Originally posted by syk View Post
                          why would it end in a pleasant manner when you bring race into it?

i'm not asian, but i thought that was a pretty stupid thing to say, whether its hurtful or not.

as fueltank said, you asked for peoples opinions, and you dont like them... leave it at that, dont try and justify against the majority because it will only get people offside (unless you actually have a good point).
                          Relax dude, it was tongue in cheek.
                          Asians are the hardest bargainers I've ever done business with, if thats offensive, than I'm deeply sorry.

Comment

You asked for an opinion and you got it.

Comment

Working...
                            X