No announcement yet.

Porsche 911 Driving Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is only 1 .......The 911. Cayman and boxters are just distractions. Purists....air cooled too..not water. LOL....thats y they sticked to the RR for so long

Comment

Originally posted by 00dc2 View Post

but this is my educated guess... i have not driven a gt3 near the limit

I drove a 997 GT3 just this week. I don't find them that different to any other high power rear wheel drive car. Just drive them with respect. You can be quick AND smooth at the same time. I've seen plenty of people jump into cars and think that driving fast means driving hard.

Here's a great analogy for you. (Taken from Jackie Stewart)

If I was to come up behind you and push you hard in the back you'd fall over. If I was to lean against you with increasing force you'd counter balance. Cars are no different. Their tolerance is just varied.

On a car like the GT3 the margin for error is smaller than many, many cars. But it's no different in say a Ferrari F430. Top Gear have just sensationalized the 997 to make for exciting television.

Comment

someone wise told me once, back in the days of the Honda Sports Car Club, and its not rocket science, "grip is proportional to the weight placed on each tyre". Were not only talking static weight but weight transfer during cornering and braking, even small steering input will upset this balance.

Master this simple logic and you'll never spin-out or end up part of the scenery ever.

What has this got to do with 911? not sure to tell you the truth.

Comment

Working...
        X