No announcement yet.

Appalled on how we car enthusiasts are portrayed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no thread like this can ever stay on topic.

i think that is actually the law somewhere...
    ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by wu` View Post
      Being a car enthusiasts, I also feel embarrassed when the community has been wrongly represented by these "Hoons" the media choose to portray to represent the rest of the community.

There will always be a minority who decide to wreck things for the rest of the community. These "Hoons" are not true car enthusiasts but merely irresponsible people with a drivers license. These "Hoons" can often be found doing "George Street Runs" on Friday/Saturday Nights through the heart of Sydney with their chrome wheels and "doof doof" machines.
      What about those 'car enthusiasts' who crash and write off their cars doing Old Pacific/National Park runs late at night
      Last edited by cacster; 28-08-08, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
        are you sure that it would be portrayed how you expect it to?

trusting a current affairs program is like suicide - you lose.
        I agree.

The truth will be skewed, edited and sensationalised in ways you can not imagine.

Before you know it; words are being put in your mouth.

The best thing I think as an enthusiast club can do is distance ourselves from this.

At the end of the day, ratings pay - and money talks...
        "Power is nothing without control" - Peter Tyson (Pirelli)

http://thethrillofdriving.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by cacster View Post
          What about those 'car enthusiasts' who crash and write off their cars doing Old Pacific/National Park runs late at night
          well, you don't have to crash or write off your car to be considered a dangerous hoon...
          ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by l3vnd1 View Post
            The best thing I think as an enthusiast club can do is distance ourselves from this.

At the end of the day, ratings pay - and money talks...
            exactly,

and as the behaviour of those self proclaimed "street racers" has nothing to do with what we are about, why get worked up about it???
            ... retired/

Comment

Working...
            X