• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Appalled on how we car enthusiasts are portrayed

Last night there was a new report covering car "Hoons."

Its here for those who haven't watched it
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ8ak4KAXc8

I am appalled and disgusted on how we, the car enthusiast community, has been represented by these idiots. I think the media has been targeting the minority to represent who we are. The minority has given the community a disgraceful label of the car "Hoon".

A lot of us, true enthusiasts, do take our vehicles to the track whether it be locally at WSID or Eastern Creek and some more dedicated enthusiasts are willing to travel the distance to Wakefield Park (2.5 hours out of Sydney). While trying to obey the laws, police still set up defect stations or wait outside these tracks targeting our vehicles. I think this is appalling and it doesn't help us do the right thing.

Being a car enthusiasts, I also feel embarrassed when the community has been wrongly represented by these "Hoons" the media choose to portray to represent the rest of the community.

There will always be a minority who decide to wreck things for the rest of the community. These "Hoons" are not true car enthusiasts but merely irresponsible people with a drivers license. These "Hoons" can often be found doing "George Street Runs" on Friday/Saturday Nights through the heart of Sydney with their chrome wheels and "doof doof" machines.

The cars they choose to show in these reports are always under a 10k or even 5k value. These "Fully sick doof doof" machines should be taken off the road and they have no excuse for what they do.

In this report it shows how stupid these people are with statements such as:

Girl: "I think I'm a good driver"
    Guy: "I reckon more people have control of the car when they go faster then slower, you get paranoid when you go slower...."
    Guy: "... everyone just wants to do it, everyone just wants to see their limits"

We've been wrongly portrayed and I think we should stick it to the media. I don't think we should allow these idiots represent who we are and what we do.

I would like the support of clubitr in this matter in anyway possible.

Trevor

Originally posted by wu` View Post
    The cars they choose to show in these reports are always under a 10k or even 5k value. These "Fully sick doof doof" machines should be taken off the road and they have no excuse for what they do.
    Trevor
    i never knew a lexus was under the 10k range

Comment

Its just mass media, they will always show what they want to get rating...

You could try and go against it but how would you target the people who take reports like that seriously?

You see people try and offer an alternative view sometimes, and they try and twist it as best they can....

If you wanted to put a name like ClubITR behind it you would basically have to CLEAN the forums or they would just end up breaking off into a new segment "HARMSUP HOONS"

Comment

Originally posted by cacster View Post
        i never knew a lexus was under the 10k range
        Most of the cars they portray in street races are mainly pulsars, corollas, etc. I haven't seen a lexus in any reports being towed away yet.

Of course they aren't under 10k but the obvious cars like the corolla sx, pulsars, etc.

Most Lexus owners wont be racing their cars anyway unless they're sporting a 1/2jz-gte or some kind of fi.

Comment

Those hoons are a disgrace..

Quote:
          Originally Posted by justinfox
          You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

it is a situation that the JSCC intends to take more formal action on in the near future...
            ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by DC2R View Post
              Those hoons are a disgrace..
              yes, they were hoons and yes they were a disgrace.
              ... retired/

Comment

the thing is, as wrong as it all is.. its been going on for decades and unless cars are fitted with monitoring/controlling devices, people will do this.

Where do we draw the line with the ethics of it all though?
                sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

I have also emailed TT - and so have other JDMST members..

Feel free to give them an email - Im thinking about talking to narada and inviting TT or ACA to an organised track day..

Comment

I think this issue needs to be addressed. I'm sick of sitting back and letting the media push us around and label us things we are not.

It's time for us to have our voices heard.

Comment

I think the owners of the race tracks should promote more as well, by showing that the track is the best alternative. Or at least a joint advertisement with the police to promote road safety and alternative racing venues. I am yet to see a T.V ad during prime time showing this.

The current anti-hoon ad is hopeless.
                      WSID-17/10/2007 - 14.074

Comment

There is a difference between CAR ENTHUSIASTS and DICKHAEDS
                        These guys are DICKHEADS…………

Comment

Originally posted by Elwood View Post
                          I have also emailed TT - and so have other JDMST members..

Feel free to give them an email - Im thinking about talking to narada and inviting TT or ACA to an organised track day..
                          are you sure that it would be portrayed how you expect it to?

trusting a current affairs program is like suicide - you lose.
                          ... retired/

Comment

just hating the fact that no matter wot we say or do, as long as we have a car that is modified, general public will think we are hoons
                            † BLKSTN™

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                              it is a situation that the JSCC intends to take more formal action on in the near future...
                              how so if you dont mind me askin tink?
                              DCIIR

Comment

Working...
                              X