No announcement yet.

Buying a DC5R. need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

insurance and ease of repair/replacement parts would be the issue with owning an EP3

Comment

mate i know ep3 is better but honestly i dont like the look. i have a jazz now so i think ep3 is like a bigger jazz. sorry just my opinion. but ep3 is really good, both handling and performance.
      another thing is i have to get my gf's big YES on choosing cars. so u know, i dont think she likes ep3...lol

Comment

Get Some Nuts!

Comment

Originally posted by Vincikwan View Post
          CW itself is already worth extra $1K.
          Biggest load of turd I have ever heard.

Quote:
          Originally Posted by justinfox
          You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by DC2R View Post
            Biggest load of turd I have ever heard.
            exactly.

its 3k at least.

Comment

LOL..its supposed to be a premium colour. Well, at least in SG, if you want a CW S2000, u gotta pay $1000 more.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincikwan View Post
                LOL..its supposed to be a premium colour. Well, at least in SG, if you want a CW S2000, u gotta pay $1000 more.
                That's because it isn't a regular production colour. It never means you get that back on the used car market.

Comment

Well looks of EP3 are ok for me, but it's all up to individual taste, as for parts it's not big problem, thanks to honda lots of DC5R ans S2K parts are same as EP3 plus in todays age online buying is the way so yeah parts not a problem

Comment

Some people may pay for more a CW honda, doesn't mean its worth $1000 more then any other car, lmao.... CW was my third colour choice....

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by justinfox
                    You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

yeh my me i would pay 1k more for CW. but only if its in good condition compared with others. also the recaro seats condition. important as well.

Comment

Check for debts on the car and accidents. also Check the tyres it has (cheap tyres to me means not so much care).
                        Most of all, start it up and leave it for about 5 mins then take it for a drive. If you love it then the rest wont matter too much.
                        Honda engines are strong imo and it should be sweet if its 110+kays or only 35+kays so personally i wouldnt worry too much about it unless you're looking at resale value (which i dont because i buy a car to drive it for myself not to sell it).
                        sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

the other day i inspect one with replaced doors and replaced quater panel. so even the engine and gearbox are all in great condition, i still wouldnt think about it.
                          chasis is as important as engine

Comment

Originally posted by totojojo View Post
                            the other day i inspect one with replaced doors and replaced quater panel. so even the engine and gearbox are all in great condition, i still wouldnt think about it.
                            chasis is as important as engine
                            You can't be too fussy though. Alot of people will dismiss a car with minor damage because of what they've been told. There are alot of cars that people think haven't been in accidents that are just very well repaired. If the mechanical side of things on a car with minor repair damage were OK I certainly wouldn't write it off... excuse the pun.

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
                              You can't be too fussy though. Alot of people will dismiss a car with minor damage because of what they've been told. There are alot of cars that people think haven't been in accidents that are just very well repaired. If the mechanical side of things on a car with minor repair damage were OK I certainly wouldn't write it off... excuse the pun.
                              u r right but depends on how big is the accident right?
                              if the door is replaced or the boot is replaced, they all ok for me
                              but cut the quater panel off and replace one is NO to me. lol

Comment

Working...
                              X