The Official Photography Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrThanh View Post
    doubt they'd throw another sensor in for video. If it's anything like the D90 it will be manual.
    It may be another sensor in a different form. In regards to live view perhaps?
    Read up on the sony Alpha range and their live view. You will find that theirs is ACTUAL live view in the sense that, what u see will get shot.
    Most live view applications in DSLRs require the shutter to be open to show the image then for it to close then take the shot the re open.
    Sony on the other hand, incorporated an additional sensor to cater for the live view and hey also changed the viewfinder prism. What they were able to do was have live view and take a shot without the need for the shutter to close then take the photo, saving time and being able to take an instant shot like a compact.

So there probably is another sensor but not the type i was originally implying. Especially considering sony and nikon share technologies
    sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Originally posted by Didz View Post
      It may be another sensor in a different form. In regards to live view perhaps?
      Read up on the sony Alpha range and their live view. You will find that theirs is ACTUAL live view in the sense that, what u see will get shot.
      Most live view applications in DSLRs require the shutter to be open to show the image then for it to close then take the shot the re open.
      Sony on the other hand, incorporated an additional sensor to cater for the live view and hey also changed the viewfinder prism. What they were able to do was have live view and take a shot without the need for the shutter to close then take the photo, saving time and being able to take an instant shot like a compact.

So there probably is another sensor but not the type i was originally implying.
      fair enough, but response times from a compact < dslr
      T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

Originally posted by MrThanh View Post
        fair enough, but response times from a compact < dslr
        Not when using live view in other cameras Ive tested it myself (with an ixus 60, olympus e-520 and sony a700).

Comment

i am absolutely 156% certain that my 40D will take a quicker shot in live view mode compared to my gf's ixus 900TI
          T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

in auto or manual focus?

Comment

i guess if you have to wait for AF to lock, the dslr is slightly slower (focus confirmation beep before you can take the shot). you win. lol
              T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

I think u misunderstood what i meant or i didnt explain it properly. photographers (the typical target market), would not want video as it is not their field nor general interests. especially if they are artists who use photography.

I dunno, i see the convenience as i am a consumer. But if i were a professional photographer i would look at this as nothing more than a gimmick which would never get used. A bit like the camera in mobile phones, even if they are 5mp, the amount of noise is so high that unless in complete sunlight, would look terrible at best.

A better idea from a marketing point of view would be to incorporate this into the entry level DSLR market, to attract more consumers to the DSLR range.
                its a gimick to lure customers from Nikon.... pure and simple.

Comment

The hardcore photographer would use a separate camcorder as he/she would not settle for shit quality
                  But you can take both photos and videos in the one!!!! No need to get out of your favourite position to get the camcorder

Comment

Originally posted by N1Spec View Post
                    its a gimick to lure customers from Nikon.... pure and simple.
                    But the high end customers wont sway because of video recording

Comment

Hey guys, thought i'd throw in some film shots here with these 2 of Mai Khao beach in Phuket, Thailand taken Dec last year. Even though I brought all of my DSLR gear I hardly took any pics with it. These were the 2 best ones

Justin Oh Wedding Photography

TYP 88 R

Comment

amazing shots

Comment

wow....nice.....mine to share what settings?
                          Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                          1)ブレーキを踏む
                          2)クラッチを切る
                          3)シフトダウンしなから、
                            アクセルをぶかす
                          4)クラッチをつなぐ
                          :blah:
                          インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                          人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Shots were taken with a panoramic film camera. Settings were F/16 and 1 to 2 minutes exposure on Velvia 50 film
                            Justin Oh Wedding Photography

TYP 88 R

Comment

Anyone know of a program which i can use to calibrate the colours on my screen to what will be printed out?

Wasting ink and paper on fucked up monitor settings

Comment

Anyone know of a program which i can use to calibrate the colours on my screen to what will be printed out?

Wasting ink and paper on fucked up monitor settings
                                you can do it by eye (can't remember the software i used), but i've got a spyder
                                T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

Working...
                                X