Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coded a new website!

Hey All

Just created another site. Please check it out, and let me know what you think.

http://www.stella.eightsided.com

maybe I should eventually update my own site perhaps lol.

Thanks!
    Last edited by fried; 03-09-07, 12:34 PM. Reason: no spam pelase
    when do we hit v-attack | www.eightsided.com
    sigpic

cool brother e..
    ClubITR | Like

Comment

spam?
      happyhong says:
      aus only have 3 r
      happyhong says:
      civic R, integra R and jonnieR

Comment

cool.
        Last edited by tinkerbell; 03-09-07, 12:49 PM.
        ... retired/

Comment

Unless of course there is a discount of some sort for members.
          happyhong says:
          aus only have 3 r
          happyhong says:

Comment

and why the fuck do you want discount for makeup you cross dresser .......

Comment

hmmm

would it be ok if i changed it to - check out the website I just put together; since there are a lot of web-nerds on this forum?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jingers View Post
                and why the fuck do you want discount for makeup you cross dresser .......
                read the original post you fuck head.
                happyhong says:
                aus only have 3 r
                happyhong says:

Comment

stop swearing you bickering old grannies and get ready to edit your posts as Eric is changing the thread to what it SHOULD have been in the first place...
                  ... retired/

Comment

lol@grannies...
                    sigpic

Comment

i'll be the first to post a serious post,

loose the flash at the startup page or make the flash animation a little more interesting. however i am a bit bias with flash as i find alot of flash animation on websites tacky, cliche and unprofessional. loose the drop shadow also. i really like the overall lines, font and colours used, but smack bang in the middle in that size makes it seem ordinary. a suggestion would be place it at the bottom right corner and make the lines cover half the page.

as for the main page, the middle section where all the relevant info is displayed is too narrow.

the background lines arn't as effective as the lines used in the logo, they seem more random and messy. also the fact that 3/4 of it is cut out from the middle section makes it more unattactive.

in the portfolio section, remove the link borders. sort the photos in a neater or more interesting way eg one straight row or 2 columns.

i think what i find most irritating with this design is that alot of the content/images are centered aligned.

Comment

thank you thank you for the tips.

1: removed the borders in the gallery before you posted that :P

2: the scrolling in the gallery is making way for a horizontal scroll so photo thumbs will be in one row only. - i just didnt get a chance to set that up as yet.

3: I agree with the flash in that the drop shawdow and placement is not fitting. I also thing that the animations are slightly "stunted" and the lines should travel/wander a little more. Will look into this.

4: I personally like the narrow body of the main page, as there isn't much information to fill up the space. I do agree though, that it takes away from the background lines. Might have to try and find a compromise somewhere.

Thanks for the input!
                        sigpic

Comment

and also a standalone url is pivotal in portraying this as a professional business/service.

Comment

wow its finally up!

rmb when u first showed me a bit of it agesssssss ago?
                            Last edited by ley; 03-09-07, 07:32 PM.
                            <3j

Comment

Originally posted by Jingers View Post
                              and also a standalone url is pivotal in portraying this as a professional business/service.
                              Yes, your URL locations are not very consistent "/home.html", "/contact/". Put a main frame inside the page and that way the user just see's the same/main URL all the time.

You might want to research a bit of website optimisation for search engines. It involves putting relevant and stand out names for all your header names/div tag's etc. That way search engines pick up your site easier and gets put at the topper range of results in search engines.

Comment

Working...
                              X