• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exchange rates:

05.04.2007 = 97.7180548158Yen / AUD
    88'600Yen = $906.69

01.05.2007 = 99.2012760833Yen / AUD
    88'600Yen = $893.13

not much of a fluctuation from the date on his invoice to today.
    "Success is 99% Failure"
    Soichiro Honda.
    sigpic

Comment

pls refer to post # 26

kthxbai...
      ... retired/

Comment

Just to add fuel to the fire...

I think the main point is that the original figure he gave was $835 which is a big difference to what has been calculated in my original post as below,

Originally posted by Rixsy View Post
        Can I ask how you converted 88,600 JPY to 835AUD? Is your Australian dollar better than the rest of ours? Just seems interesting how you manage to get like another $60 off on a good exchange rate day
        So add $60 + $835 = $895 which is close to what Adrian figured out

And he didn't buy it today, so you can't use today's good exchange rate because he bought it last week so I don't know what the exchange rate was at that point.

So can I point out that we're not arguing a few dollars away from $860, it's actually the original quote he gave of $835 and I'm sure we all know that everyone who tries to buy something will tend think that $50 is a 'big saving' - Don't get me started on lowballers.

It has been pointed out that Hoya isn't doing any discounts anymore so serious buyers or not - the deal isn't available at the moment

It'd just be nice to know what the real figure was just in case the deal comes up again.

Comment

I think the main point is
          this thread is posted in the lounge, not in the for sale forum...
          ... retired/

Comment

It'd just be nice to know what the real figure was just in case the deal comes up again.
            see post #1 for FULL details
            ... retired/

Comment

for starters, the thread starter should know what he paid since it was his money that came out of his bank...
              if he says it's $835 then i don't have any reason to not believe it isn't.
              God knows why the sums doesn't add up, but I did a similar exercise when i bought my Injen CAI from the States and it came in cheaper than what I had calculated.

Comment

Ok, what happened was like every1 i emailed him AT that time he had a %20 discount which applied on that intial invoice, but i was scared to trust him so i asked him further questions, which he kept sendin me new invoices to pay.. 2 weeks later i decided to go for it and he didint provide the discount which i got the old invoice # and he gave it to me on yen

i did it via online transfer

it came out $860 on my bank account. $835 and a few cents for purchase.

if u want to argue that im lying and i shouldve paid 890 ... then thats fine.. im here sharing my experience for guys who after a cheap buy..

why not email hoya and ask him questions towards when the discounts are up..

i do have at work which has details for on at 70,000 JPY shipped although i think its for EP3.
                GruppeM Australian Distributor
                w. http://xposed.com.au

Comment

for the people who had doubts :

SOLD TO : Dear Jay NO. ****
                  [Dealer Price] DATE. 16-Apr-07

SHIP QTY PART NUMBER / DESCRIPTION (JPY) (JPY)
                  UNIT PRICE AMOUNT
                  1 FR-0504 M's RAM AIR SYSTEM for Honda Integra type-R RHD Only (retail price 92000yen) Black Carbon Material 64,400 64,400

1 Shipping Charge ( to Australia ) 15,000 15,000

TOTAL AMOUNT(JPY) 79,400
                  (The tariff is another. The customer pays it.)

The delivery date will be about 7 days for your products after we confirm your payment to us.
                  GruppeM Australian Distributor
                  w. http://xposed.com.au

Comment

exactly.
                    ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                    X