Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IT SUPPORT - Help Me!

Hi All,

I give you a quick run through. I smashed my desktop. Can salvage the hdd and parents need to access the data from it.

the hdd is currently installed with Windows XP on it and they desperately need to open up Microsoft Outlook to grab some emails.....

How do I do this? I have a laptop with Windows 7 installed.

What parts do I need to access this vital information/

Regards,
    Alex
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

If these emails are stored on Microsoft Outlook you should be able to sign onto your outlook account on another computer I believe? I don't personally user outlook but I can't imagine the emails not being tied to some sort of account.

As for the hard drive, if you want to access it via your laptop, you can get one of those hard drive docks than can connect to your laptop/pc and access it that way.
    Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Comment

put the HDD in another computer.
      Last edited by tinkerbell; 03-09-13, 08:58 PM.
      ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
        put the HDD in another computer.
        This or get an enclosure and just hook it up to your laptop as an external drive.

Comment

+1 to matts idea.
          Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Comment

Lol, u smashed it?
            BNR34 Build [SOLD]
            APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
            Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
            NSEX

Comment

you can plug it into another pc and access it it like a normal HDD....
              or you will need a hdd docking station/enclosure to plug into your laptop via usb?

if you want to find emails from outlook? what is the original email address/domain (hotmail/bigpond)? you can access your emails that way.
              AUTO | Ktuned @ 115.2 kw atw | ITR Cams-TB-I/M | XForce 4-2-1 | Toda Catback | Mugen Intake | Whiteline | Buddyclub N+ | Buddyclub SF3

Comment

Originally posted by JupiteR View Post
                you can access your emails that way.
                assuming they are not deleted off the server???
                ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                X