From Auto to Manual ^_^

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Auto to Manual ^_^

Recently bought a DC5R off Nathan aka [Wongy].

I would say it was very difficult to multi-task by watching my own speed + rev with 3 pedals. Like most beginners i admit that i've lost count on how many i stalled lols. That painful feeling of stalling when theres someone behind you, really kills of what confidence i have in me.

But..after 2 days of an hr each. I got the hang of shifting up and downwards in gear smoothly + driving normally. Yet i still have difficulties in stalling while uphill start even with the use of the e-brake. Other than that, need to learn the reverse + parking then im all good to go ^.^

p.s Trying very hard to avoid getting lessons from driving instructors + Not burning my own goddamn clutch -.-

Special thanks to Nathan + co. For the vehicle.

Not gonna give up, because i now realised how fun it is to drive a manual xD
    "The Power of Dreams" - Honda

Good stuff man. Keep at it.
    ClubITR | Like

Comment

Love getting behind the wheel of an R or any nice sports car (manual)

Quote:
      Originally Posted by justinfox
      You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

You'll get used to it mate, goodluck!
        Have a read of my build thread

Comment

Not doing to bad then if only a few times.

If you have any mates that have diesel utes that are manual learn on them as goodluck to stall one of those haha
          Just going for a drive ~146.4kw~

Comment

Keep at it mate, almost there
            BNR34 Build [SOLD]
            APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
            Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
            NSEX

Comment

I also had to learn how to drive manual in my DC5R. give it a week or 2 & you will be a pro.

Comment

I learnt how to drive manual properly in my dc5. I did know the basics before i owned it but never really driven on the road. I still stall the car every now and then
                sigpic

Comment

I Got my dc5r on monday and I've been learning manual with it as well. My advice is to watch youtube videos. there's some pretty good videos out there on how to drive manual.

Comment

I also played heaps of gt4 lol

Comment

Well done !

First & seccond gear change let clutch out slowly and accelerate slowly at same time after you shift for less jerking of the car if you are experiencing any of it.

Anyone else finding reverse on the DC5R stalls really easily or is it just mine ? Lots of other manual I've driven I don't stall at all on reverse but my one is very sensitive. Got used to it though only like once every few weeks I make a mistake.

Comment

You just need practise.

I took a 1 hour lesson with an instructor and I then took car out to drive at night. I stalled 3x at the same set of lights with a taxi behind me. Kangaroo hopping, stalling, jerky gear changes, sweating on even the slightest slope, sweating on every take off.

I drove into the city after 2-3 days.. and did my first parallel park.. hadn't ever put the car in reverse before.

But soon it will be like second nature.

Comment

Originally posted by tyk View Post
                          Well done !

First & seccond gear change let clutch out slowly and accelerate slowly at same time after you shift for less jerking of the car if you are experiencing any of it.

Anyone else finding reverse on the DC5R stalls really easily or is it just mine ? Lots of other manual I've driven I don't stall at all on reverse but my one is very sensitive. Got used to it though only like once every few weeks I make a mistake.
                          Nope, didnt have that when I reversed in my dc5
                          BNR34 Build [SOLD]
                          APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
                          Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
                          NSEX

Comment

YOU CAN DOO EIIT

Just keep getting at it!

Took me a month to drive manual confidently.

Comment

Sad night to see Nathan's DC5R go Just picked up a 1989 Civic ED (Yes, it's a carby), to practice manual on. Getting the hang of it! All the best with your DC5 mate!

Comment

Working...
                              X