CITR Gym Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Norm View Post
    Fr4n. First couple of years I neglected it bad because of the people who used to help me with gym were always doing upper body and never bothered with leg days. Only until recently i've started hitting leg days harder than ever, i'd say beginning of last year. My 1rpm is at 135kg's, with hamstrings to quads and none of this partial 2 inch squatting crap. I've bench'd so much to the point where my shoulder flexibility is poor now. I can't even do over head squats (mind you, it is quite technical). This is what happens when you train your chest/shoulders and no stretch. I've had to gain tremendous flexibility to be able to squat due to lower back injuries and glut and hamstring tightness.

Norm
    still impresive though, benching 105x8 at 64kg, not alot of people i know can do that.

Comment

yeah Norm, great pb on bench! ever figured your 1rm since you can do 105 for 8
      Integra Type R
      Integra Type S
      S2000

Comment

Alex - I've always been abit hesistant on 1Rep max's because of injury. I personally stay well away from 1 reps. There is nothing to gain but pride lol...but thats just me.

Comment

Im abit in training. Ive trained on and off since about 16. im 24 now. Early last year i decided to cut the fat.; I dropped from 85 to 67 kg in 4 months. Since then ive been. Training hard eating right. Cardo 5 times a week. weight training 6 times a week. Which includes light, heaver resistive. And own body weight training. now im 72 kg, ruffing around 7% fat at 179cm
          sigpic
          128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
            Alex - I've always been abit hesistant on 1Rep max's because of injury. I personally stay well away from 1 reps. There is nothing to gain but pride lol...but thats just me.
            im sur eif you properly warm yourself up which you seem to show that you know how too, im sure you can do it. I think the only thing to gain from trying out your 1rm is if you ever wanna go back to 5x5 for strength, its a benchmark to work off and not a waste of time when doing a 5x5 program.
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

If i cant do 5 sets of 10 reps with any excercise, I dont bother increasing the weight to show off. I train more for fitness rather than bodybuilding anyway. Look at the way athletes train. More focused on endurance than 1 rep max weights. would rather an athletic body/fitness over a bodybuilder
              Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
              Flickr
              my car blog - Have a read
              my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Comment

SPL, what's your opinion on the Ketogenic diet? For people who aren't aware, it is also a good alternative for people not wanting to commit to IF. Although the Keto can be just as difficult due to the extremely minimal amount of carbs/proteins allowed in the diet. Not great for bodybuilders (lass than 10g of carbs in some cases on the Keto) but good for people wanting to lose weight.

Also, i found THIS website to be good for basic knowledge in terms of healthy eating/exercise etc. Good read.

Comment

Originally posted by crashprash View Post
                  If i cant do 5 sets of 10 reps with any excercise, I dont bother increasing the weight to show off. I train more for fitness rather than bodybuilding anyway. Look at the way athletes train. More focused on endurance than 1 rep max weights. would rather an athletic body/fitness over a bodybuilder
                  Amen to that
                  sigpic
                  128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Here's some pics. Abit old. Put on some more size since.
                    photo(1).JPGphoto(3).JPGphoto(2).JPG
                    Last edited by Karl; 16-05-13, 08:16 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

wish i had asian genes. ripped as hell with barely any training
                      Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
                      Flickr
                      my car blog - Have a read
                      my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Comment

Machines.

I just did some push ups, chin ups and pull ups this evening mixed with a few step ups.. all these ups.
                        ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by rookie View Post
                          SPL, what's your opinion on the Ketogenic diet? For people who aren't aware, it is also a good alternative for people not wanting to commit to IF. Although the Keto can be just as difficult due to the extremely minimal amount of carbs/proteins allowed in the diet. Not great for bodybuilders (lass than 10g of carbs in some cases on the Keto) but good for people wanting to lose weight.

Also, i found THIS website to be good for basic knowledge in terms of healthy eating/exercise etc. Good read.
                          Rookie, from a medical perspective (Bachelors of Paramedical Science background), a ketone diet is extremely dangerous to your body. With minimal amount of carbohydrates and protein in the diet, the body will indefinitely chew into fat storage as a source of energy. Ketone molecules are a by product of fat being utilised as energy. Ketones are also extremely dangerous and potent to your kidney, and many fail to understand, the break down of fat, is almost similiar to a breakdown of damaged muscle tissue (occuring from crush injuries, burns etc etc) and it increase the chances of you developing kidney failure. Not to mention, your pancreas is working overtime to compensate for the lack of glucose in the system and hence further compound the development of type 2 diabets resulting insulin resistance at a cellular membrane level. The chances of you being in a hypoglycemic state are also increased; depriving your brain of glucose to function at the most optimum level.

Having said all that, it is the fastest way to shed weight, becaue you demolishing fat cells.
                          Last edited by Norm; 17-05-13, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Lack of proteins and fats will drop yor testosterone levels though, meaning muscle retaining/building ability is severely inhibited

Comment

I'm assuming it will also increase your cortisol levels too. I've never really looked in to ketosis diets before but I don't like the idea of depleting my glycogen stores. I already feel weak when I cut my carbs by 1/2, I'm consuming around 150GB now otherwise around the 300-400 mark depending on my goals. Can't rep out as many as before especially compound movements. I can't imagine what it would be like with 10g of carbs.

Thanks for your input Norm, never knew that before.

Comment

Eat Eat Eat is my answer. I eat around 12G kj a day. I dont agree with fasting for short periods. If you want to loss weight eat slightly less then you burn. Or you will loss muscle starving your self. And just eat small sizes all day!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X