CITR Gym Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SPL_K View Post
    ^ I've seen other people do that too... if you get soreness/doms in your bi's the next day, how do you do your back exercises? I never understood that concept. I always do chest/triceps and back/biceps.
    Alot of ppl use this method. Im for ine am against it.... lets say monday u do chest and biceps, yeah ok you are working out two different muscle groups but come the next day you do back and tri's... imo your biceps are already fatigued from bicep workout day prior and u wont get the best out of your back workout....

I'd much rather do chest n tris and back and bi on same day. Incorporate supersets as well to further rip them fibres apart.
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Comment

^ u alternate every week. so one week u go hard on chest/bi and the other week u go hard on back/tri.

Just got back from gym. Did deadlifts after ages. feels good.

On a side note (not being racist or anything)..whats with the skinny koreans at north statty FF going on fb for 10 mins on their phone after every 2-3 reps? Such a waste of membership costs
      Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
      Flickr
      my car blog - Have a read
      my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Comment

Originally posted by crashprash View Post
        PS. this should be renamed to the "fitness" thread. Since theres other of being fit without visiting the gym. (crossfit, sports etc)
        Agree. You people have 5 minutes to object before I change the name starting....NOW.

Comment

decline as its all gym talk here so far....
          Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

how much u deadlift prSH?

I LIK DEADLIFTS TOO HAHA
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
              Agree. You people have 5 minutes to object before I change the name starting....NOW.
              Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
              decline as its all gym talk here so far....
              theres a lot of talk about nutrition and overall well being vs just lifting at the gym..Any other cross fitness guys here? whats a good cheap crossfitness place to go to in the inner west. Closest place to me is BoxHQ at five dock but they charge $50 a week if u want gym+cross fitness!!

how much u deadlift prSH?

I LIK DEADLIFTS TOO HAHA
              my max was 120. but now slowly getting back into it. did only 80 today. I always work it out in terms of % of body weight. I weigh 74kg btw.
              Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
              Flickr
              my car blog - Have a read
              my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Comment

Did solid 1hr of cardio today, feels good
                Have a read of my build thread

Comment

Originally posted by SPL_K View Post

From the articles I've read in the passed, it is only physically possible to put on a maximum of 2kg of muscle per year. So as fr4n said, anything over that in a years period is more than likely.................. ta da FAT! Unless you are including bicycling in your routine it is impossible to gain more than 2kg of muscle per year.
                  This is definitely not true. I have gained 8kg in the last 6months naturally and maintained around 12% body fat.

Also nothing wrong with 1RM or 5RM training. Doesn't matter how much weight you lift, establishing good technique is way more important than lifting the highest numbers!!

Having said that... you do need to tare your muscles in order for them to recover and increase in size. 'No pain, No Gain'!!
                  Last edited by isaac; 16-05-13, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Too nuch reading and not enough time in the gym putting articles to practice ey trev
                    Integra Type R
                    Integra Type S
                    S2000

Comment

Norm said to post progress pics.
                      ClubITR | Like

Comment

Well...i'll be the first. First pic, 5 years ago, 1 year after training, 2 years after training and 3 years after training.

Each year progressively i learnt more about exercising, proper nutritioning and discipline.

77kg's, 72kg's and 64kg's. Mind you, I wasn't at my peak. My peak physique is right now. At 64kg's i was at approximately 6-7% bodyfat with visible signs of veins on top of my abs. I was still benching 8 reps of 105kg's flat bench, deadlifting 110kg's x 5 reps, squatting at 105kg's x 5 reps and weighted pull ups of 64kg body weight + 20kg plate at 8 reps. This is my experience with gym. Will post up an old video soon. This isn't means of showing off, but to let you guys know its a long and disciplined journey.

Kind regards,

Comment

Too nuch reading and not enough time in the gym putting articles to practice ey trev
                          I'm talking 1-2kg worth of pure/dry muscle. Not including water, fat and glycogen stores. Water does account for approximately 70% of your muscles and for every gram of glycogen is 3 grams of water.

Also people who just start training usually get a boost of "noob" gains. This is not actually due to hypertrophy but actually due to a neurological response from the brain, the brain's ability to adapt and recruit muscle fibers. Hence the initial gains are very quick and then you have a diminishing returns effect.

Like I said, it's from what I've read and of course not everyone is going to agree with what I say... this is just my opinion based on my findings and I thought I would share it with everyone

Great results Norm! I'm far from that... only in my first year of serious training. Prior to that was learning everything for a year. Very strong as well considering your body weight! I be mirin!
                          Last edited by SPL_K; 16-05-13, 10:59 AM.

Comment

SPL_K - I've my slow-acting muscle fibres are very well developed. I can quite easily lift heavy but my fast acting fibres need training for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
                              Well...i'll be the first. First pic, 5 years ago, 1 year after training, 2 years after training and 3 years after training.

Each year progressively i learnt more about exercising, proper nutritioning and discipline.

77kg's, 72kg's and 64kg's. Mind you, I wasn't at my peak. My peak physique is right now. At 64kg's i was at approximately 6-7% bodyfat with visible signs of veins on top of my abs. I was still benching 8 reps of 105kg's flat bench, deadlifting 110kg's x 5 reps, squatting at 105kg's x 5 reps and weighted pull ups of 64kg body weight + 20kg plate at 8 reps. This is my experience with gym. Will post up an old video soon. This isn't means of showing off, but to let you guys know its a long and disciplined journey.

Kind regards,
                              nice progress man, curious though, your squats and deads are low in comparison to your bench. been neglecting lower body for abit aye

Comment

Fr4n. First couple of years I neglected it bad because of the people who used to help me with gym were always doing upper body and never bothered with leg days. Only until recently i've started hitting leg days harder than ever, i'd say beginning of last year. My 1rpm is at 135kg's, with hamstrings to quads and none of this partial 2 inch squatting crap. I've bench'd so much to the point where my shoulder flexibility is poor now. I can't even do over head squats (mind you, it is quite technical). This is what happens when you train your chest/shoulders and no stretch. I've had to gain tremendous flexibility to be able to squat due to lower back injuries and glut and hamstring tightness.

Norm

Comment

Working...
                                X