Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SPL_K View Post
    I watch errrrrrryone! lol

I mainly watch hodgetwins now for their "askhodgetwins" videos lol. They get some funny ass emails haha Do whatever the fk you wanna do! lol

Hodgetwins are honestly one the best thing in the bodybuilding scene. Always a pleasure to watch them haha! I do agree strongly that warm ups are a necessity to a gym session as it not only reduces the chances of having a way "one way ticket to snap city" but also stimulates the blood flow to the muscles allowing you to lift much more during your first set.

Comment

Originally posted by aTR View Post
      Hodgetwins are honestly one the best thing in the bodybuilding scene. Always a pleasure to watch them haha! I do agree strongly that warm ups are a necessity to a gym session as it not only reduces the chances of having a way "one way ticket to snap city" but also stimulates the blood flow to the muscles allowing you to lift much more during your first set.
      Theyre funny cunts and entertaining no doubt. But as their own disclaimer implies, their advice isnt for everyone, its just their own take on bodybuilding.

Eg they say dont do deadlifts.i strongly disagree, I worship that Exercise. But in general, their fasting and workout advice is good

Comment

Originally posted by itr5093 View Post
        What's everyone's thoughts on coke zero?
        Well its got hardly any KJ in it. I just drink mainly water.

Originally posted by felixR View Post
        How many times do you guys go to the gym/exercise a week?
        twice a day
        sigpic
        128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

theres also Muscle TV on 4ME. I watch it just to learn the exercises and routines.

My routine during winter:
          Monday - legs & shoulders day - squats, hamstring curls, calf raises, lunges(at the end till failure), leg press, leg extensions. barbell/dumbell shoulder press, front barbell raise, lateral dumbell raise. Penguin waddle the next 2 days.
          Tuesday - chest and biceps - dumbell/barbell chest press,incline and flys. seated curls and concentration curls. Do pushups and pullups at the end till failure.
          Wednesday - back and triceps - lat pulldown, wide grip row, close grip rown, bent over rows,dumbbell rear delt flys, skull crushers, cable tricep extension. Wide grip pull ups and dips till failure.
          Thursday - core - crunches, leg raises, planks..the whole lot (this is the worst coz it hurts to breathe for the next 2 days)
          Friday - party LOL

I alternate between barbells and dumbells every other week.
          Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
          Flickr
          my car blog - Have a read
          my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Comment

PS. this should be renamed to the "fitness" thread. Since theres other of being fit without visiting the gym. (crossfit, sports etc)
            Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by crashprash View Post
              theres also Muscle TV on 4ME. I watch it just to learn the exercises and routines.

My routine during winter:
              Monday - legs & shoulders day - squats, hamstring curls, calf raises, lunges(at the end till failure), leg press, leg extensions. barbell/dumbell shoulder press, front barbell raise, lateral dumbell raise. Penguin waddle the next 2 days.
              Tuesday - chest and biceps - dumbell/barbell chest press,incline and flys. seated curls and concentration curls. Do pushups and pullups at the end till failure.
              Wednesday - back and triceps - lat pulldown, wide grip row, close grip rown, bent over rows,dumbbell rear delt flys, skull crushers, cable tricep extension. Wide grip pull ups and dips till failure.
              Thursday - core - crunches, leg raises, planks..the whole lot (this is the worst coz it hurts to breathe for the next 2 days)
              Friday - party LOL

I alternate between barbells and dumbells every other week.
              Why do u do chest and bi together and back and triceps together?

Comment

^ I've seen other people do that too... if you get soreness/doms in your bi's the next day, how do you do your back exercises? I never understood that concept. I always do chest/triceps and back/biceps.

Comment

Originally posted by fr4n View Post
                  Why do u do chest and bi together and back and triceps together?
                  It allows the individual to work the specific groups twice. Its a common bodybuilding training regime to increase muscle growth. For example, when you do back and tri, you work those muscle groups. Moving on to the next routine, chest and biceps, you had already worked on your back which also worked on your biceps as this a correlating muscle when doing back exercise hence double workout. People also think that it allows them work on biceps or triceps much harder if they split it up from back/bi etc.
                  I persona lly think once is enough and back/bi and chest/tri is suffice.

Comment

Originally posted by aTR View Post
                    It allows the individual to work the specific groups twice. Its a common bodybuilding training regime to increase muscle growth. For example, when you do back and tri, you work those muscle groups. Moving on to the next routine, chest and biceps, you had already worked on your back which also worked on your biceps as this a correlating muscle when doing back exercise hence double workout. People also think that it allows them work on biceps or triceps much harder if they split it up from back/bi etc.
                    I persona lly think once is enough and back/bi and chest/tri is suffice.
                    Thats the main reason
                    Flickr

Comment

What do you do when you have doms!?!? Cause I get doms all the time, worst after legs day... I have it for about 5~7 days

Comment

What do you do when you have doms!?!? Cause I get doms all the time, worst after legs day... I have it for about 5~7 days
                        Doms is not actually the best indicator of a good workout although soinds like u need more sleep

Comment

What i have found to be personally effective is to do easy movements/drills after a intense workout. For example after an intense leg day session, I would walk home which would take about 10 mins. Massaging my legs afterwards helped relaxe it to ease the tense state helps me out the next few days

Comment

I'm not sure what it is... but I'm getting 6-10 hours of sleep on a daily basis and I don't feel fatigued throughout the day.
                            It could be cause I change my leg routine every 4-6 weeks or maybe it could be I'm going to failure on my drop sets... I'll try to do more reading on going to failure but I know muscle growth is stimulated by hypertrophy or your nervous system adapting. I know when I do 5x5, for strength gains, I have no doms or minimal if that and in about 3rd-4th week I notice an increase in strength either though volume or increased weight.

Comment

I stretch for quite a while before and after workout. I found that taking casein before bed really helped recovery as well. I dont focus too much on my arms which is y i mix them in with back or chest. I want a strong core and legs before getting massive arms (no chicken legs here)
                              Flickr

Comment

Alex, try incorporating your stiff legged dead lifts on leg days instead of your back. If you don't warm up and stretch, it could give you a one way ticket to snap city. It's primarily a hamstring and lower back exercise. A lot of lower back exercises go hand in hand with the hamstring due to the mechanics of the body. If you're not feeling it in your hamstrings then it could either too heavy, poor form or poor mind-muscle connectivity.

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/art...ring-mass.html
                                http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/animalpak73.htm

IMO - I would do squats first, as it is a compound movement, then your leg extensions then stiff legged dead lift then hamstring curls. You don't want to be wasting all your energy on an isolation workout then doing a compound movement unless that is your intention. It's like people who do biceps before their back workout and always wonder why they can't go heavy on their exercises. Their arms give out before their back!

How important is mind-muscle connectivity? Very important! Have a read below

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/herve1.htm
                                http://www.musclemag.com/muscle-buil.../#.UZMbrLWLBI4
                                http://www.teenbodybuilding.com/zach4.htm
                                U nust spy on me at the gym. My gym routine mon-thurs consists of three components each day. 30min hit cardio, a muscle group(chest/back/legs/shoulders), and also a series of warm up exercisesx4 (calf raises/SL deadlift/ squats / barbell bicep curls / tricep rope extension / front/side/rear delt raises) these warm up exercises i never go heavy eg 40kg for deadlifts or squats... agree it is absolutely critical for you to warm up before plowing onto that bench and repping it out. I also do proper weighted deadlifts on leg day simply cos yes you feel it working the hammies as well as my back day i do different exercises and not enough time :/
                                Integra Type R
                                Integra Type S
                                S2000

Comment

Working...
                                X